“Just OK, if you can handle loud rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Washington D.C. Downtown

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Washington D.C. Downtown to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Washington D.C. Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 K St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Formerly Crestline Hotels & Resorts) (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #97 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montréal
“Just OK, if you can handle loud rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was here for business for three nights in March. We stayed here because it was walking distance to our conference and it was the cheapest hotel in the area. The rooms were clean, the staff were polite enough, rooms incl a fridge and microwave and there was free but slow wireless in the room. On the downside, street noise and noise through the walls was bad. At least for street noise this is perhaps explained by the fact that the windows open and may not fit so well. Also the bathroom was tiny and it seemed that they tried to fit a little too much furniture into the room. All in all, this place was ok but bring your ear plugs!

Room Tip: Ask for one NOT facing the street!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fourpointsdc, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Washington D.C. Downtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments and your visit. I am pleased you found our location ideal for your needs. Our location at the corner of two major streets in downtown is very busy. Our windows are double pane and soundproof but for those who are not from urban locations, they might be disturbed by the 24 hour traffice. We do provide ear plugs for guest needs and you can always request a room on the inside view of the hotel away from the street. Thank you again for your business.

655 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked this hotel via Priceline's new Express Deals, and got one heck of a deal (over 60% of normal prices - during Cherry Blossom Festival)! The hotel is just a couple of blocks from the MacPherson Square metro station, and probably 5 blocks from the White House and the National Mall. The hotel itself was really nice, and the room had a fridge and a microwave in it. The staff was very helpful, also.

The only negative I have on this hotel was the parking situation... IF you could even get in the lot there at the hotel, the cost was $47/day!!! And that is a big IF, because while we were there, they were completely booked. We had to drive around the area, stopping at each parking garage, asking if we could park overnight and trying to find a reasonable one. We finally found a garage at the corner of H and 14th (Systems Parking Corp.) that was only $15/day, which we thought reasonable for the location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and we are pleased you enjoyed your visit. As you mentioned on the parking, parking in downtown Washington is very limited for those garages open 24/7 and while we are fortunate to have our own small garage, it is often full. We do have two other nearby garages that are open 24/7 that we will refer our guests once filled but if parking cost is an issue, that you will need to locate other options further away from our area. We thank you again for your business.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

It was the first time we stayed in this hotel, nothing wrong to say about it. The service was excellent, the rooms spacious, modern and clean. There was a restaurant, fitness center and pool in the hotel. I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit Washingtion DC, as it's not too far from the metro, there's a bus right in front, perfect to visit the city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Fourpointsdc, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Washington D.C. Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We appreciate your very kind remarks and for sharing them here. THANK YOU!
Columbus, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel has a great location. The staff were friendly and helpful. 2 of our 4 rooms were not ready until around 5/6pm on check in day. Beds very comfortable.
Rooms/bathrooms smallish but clean and fine as we were spending much time exploring.
Buffet breakfast at $15 a head was less than average,they ran out of sausage one day and the bread was hard on another.
Overall though we had a wonderful stay - the location was so central which made for a great trip.
Management of the hotel handled an issue we had with taxis leaving to go to the airport with
efficiency and resolve. So we give them a definite thumbs up and thanks for that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your visit and sharing your comments. We appreciate your business.
Shamokin, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel I had a hard time rating. The location was good. I could walk to everything. The rooms were fine and the bed was comfortable. The reason I give it two stars is the staff was not friendly. They did not smile, they were helpful as far as that had to be but they did nothing to make you feel welcome. They did their welcome as if they were reading off a speech. They didn't look me in the eye once or say thank you.They offered me a map three times because they did not remember me the three times I had to go to the desk. The room was not clean. There was hairs in the shower, blood on the trash can, a huge stain on the sheets and pillows, and a t-shirt behind the chair. In the middle of the night the TV sparked and made a pop and didn't work anymore. That was pretty scary but that's not really their fault there isn't much they could do about that. The location was really convenient though. If were just the service that wasn't great I would stay there again but the room was pretty dirty. I probably won't be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsdc, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Washington D.C. Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We were very disappointed to read of your comments and experience. This is not a norm here and not acceptable and I apologize for this experience. I would like to know more details and would be grateful if you would contact me directly. Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

As a Starwood Platinum member, I've stayed at dozens and dozens or Starwood properties throughout my years of travel. I appreciate the high standard they Starwood properties set for themselves and I love the way I am appreciated for my loyalty as a Platinum member. However, the room and service I got at this place was a little below my expectations and normal experiences. The location is outstanding. I was able to walk to all of the key tourist and federal departmental sites I wanted/needed to hit. The people were friendly, but there were a few things the property might want to look into. My wireless connection stopped working (as it did for a colleague staying in anither room) and no one was able to fix it. That's VERY disruptive to my business travel efficiency. The cab I had ordered for 7am was not there because it had cancelled. No one told me, nor (more to the point) bothered to arrange another until I suggested that be done. The room was a little musty and certainly small and basic. I don't always need to be upgraded, but there didn't seem to be any notion that perhaps that might be worth doing or even say "we're just too sold out to offer an upgrade, but we were thinking of you." At over $300 for the basic room, it wasn't exactly the best bargain in town. It's a good place and the location makes it a great launching pad, but if it took care of these few things that are pretty easy to fix, it'd be a fantastic place. I'll come back again one day and give it another shot.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fourpointsdc, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Washington D.C. Downtown, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for your visit and comments. I am pleased you found so many aspects of our hotel to your liking. As we have stated in previous reviews, our rooms are not large and are all identical so upgrade options at our hotel are not available. There are other Starwood hotels further away from downtown that can provide this option if that is most important to you. I am sorry for the problem with the Internet. The hotel provides both wired and wireless Internet with a 20 mb circuit so we have plenty of capacity. I will investigate this further to see if there is a further problem and appreciate you bringing it to our attention.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed last weekend and it was perfect. Hotel is in walking distance to everything. The room was clean and roomy. The Service from the front desk was top knotch. I will stay at this hotel every time i come to DC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Washington D.C. Downtown? Share your experiences!