“Third time in as many months ... and it keeps getting better” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center

You added The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center to your Saves list
The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 M St. NW, between 15th Street NW & Thompson Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Formerly Wyndham Washington) (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #97 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Brooklyn, NY
“Third time in as many months ... and it keeps getting better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I first stayed here with the family between Christmas and New Years. I came back in January and February for business. Each time I was checked in by the same gentleman who recognized me. Staff is super friendly and you can't beat complimentary wine when you check in! Great Platinum recognition all around (breakfast, rooms, etc.). DC is a tough city for hotels as property footprints can be small. They do a great job with what they have to work with. For business, good location for the meetings I need - and there is always taxis at the ready. For the family, I found it a good location to be between the national sites (Mall, Whitehouse, etc.) and the zoo. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Sean H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Ken T,

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are very grateful for your positive comments as your thoughtful words motivate our staff to go above and beyond for our guests everyday.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here for leisure as well as business as we take pride in the fact that we are able to accommodate guests who are here for any reason.
Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Be Well,
Sean Holcombe
Front Office Manager
Westin DC City Center Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Each year we have a ladies weekend and we travel all over the country (from different places obviously). This year we opted for Washington, DC. Usually one of us will drive and that serves as our transportation while vacationing. We went a different route this time and decided we would use public transportation. That was completely unnecessary! This hotel is in a great location. The location is so perfect, we were able to walk to all of the main sites and attractions in a very reasonable amount of time. Let's start outside and work our way inside. The valet service was great. They were very nice and efficient. I absolutely enjoyed that the hotel has a focus on energy efficiency. The front desk staff was extremely polite and helpful. Martin was remarkable! He provided information about the city that helped us so much. We were able to go out and experience the city safely but still explore and stay on the course that we were guided on. The bar/restaurant area was amazing! After leaving the Wizards game, I sat at the bar and had dinner. Barry was my server and he was wonderful. The bar staff worked all night and kept a positive attitude. They were quite busy but my goodness they handled everything pleasantly and with a smile. Barry has a 'no problem, it is already done' attitude. I love that! Nothing was too hard! The walk to our room was a bit long but understandable as there is one set of elevators to access all floors. Our room was very nice. We had a street view which was not bad. The only issue I could find was that the ceiling was peeling in the shower area. Outside of that, the room was great. Another option could be having a microwave in the room. All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I am hoping to return within the next 8 weeks for another weekend stay.

Room Tip: City view rooms are the farthest away from the elevators.
Green Features: My favorite part is the revolving door and the sign that asks you to use the revolving door to help conserve energy.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have stayed at the Westin DC City Center for business several times. The hotel has greatly improved from many years ago. The Westin brand had cleaned up the hotel and improved the restaurant. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. Location, near all the DC tour sites, great restaurants, and the business district make it great for work.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Front the moment of arrival, everyone is helpful and genuinely nice and helpful. The perfect location to keep you in the middle of everything in DC. Close metro stops (within a few blocks) walking distance Sites, Shopping and entertainment. I stay at this location every trip to DC and if you work with Ms. Gray, (Concierge) you are guaranteed to be delighted with the excursions she sets up.

Room Tip: I enjoyed room facing the atrium as opposed to outside.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed this hotel to see Cherry blossom in early April 2014. Hotel was under renovation, but it did not annoy us much. As a Westin branded hotel, all of area including room were clean and neatly arranged with good bathroom amenities. Hotel was very quite when we checked in almost midnight. This hotel is not luxurious but felt comfortable to sleep. There seems only one restaurant in hotel, so he decided to go out for our meal. If you plan to stay in clean and quiet hotel, this will be a good choice.

Room Tip: Please do not expect any view. Lots of buildings are surrounded.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Somerville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been going to this hotel for as long as I can remember. As a platinum plus member, and one who travels incessantly, this hotel was convenient but impersonal.

Lately though,it has blossomed suddenly. In my last 2 visits, for the first time, I noticed a marked difference. A simple but very personal Happy hour, more in keeping with the global platinum perks. Personal welcome in the room. They welcomed us with wine, and the manager, Anthony, stands there personally regaling the customers with attention and conversation. Now that is something you do not see often, and it inspired me to send 5 of my friends there right away,and I am not done. The difference is that of a personal touch: I was beginning to lose faith here, but I am now back! Congratulations for reinventing. I am predicting a rise in inflow if this continues.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Gold Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is a fair walk to anything of interest including good dining options. There are a lot of better hotel choices in better locations. On checkin we were treated like second rate guests as we had booked via Expedia. Comment was " oh you've booked with Expedia, here's your room key goodbye" very rude. Our room looked over the internal of the foyer which offers no natural light and a clostrophobic feeling, I did go and ask if we could have an external view room but was told nothing was available. I found this hard to believe as the place seemed very empty. Tied to talk to concierge but he was rude once and couldn't be found on the second occasion. The bar has zero atmosphere, breakfast was also poor. You can do a lot better than this place.

Room Tip: Get an external facing room
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center? Share your experiences!