Each year we have a ladies weekend and we travel all over the country (from different places obviously). This year we opted for Washington, DC. Usually one of us will drive and that serves as our transportation while vacationing. We went a different route this time and decided we would use public transportation. That was completely unnecessary! This hotel is in a great location. The location is so perfect, we were able to walk to all of the main sites and attractions in a very reasonable amount of time. Let's start outside and work our way inside. The valet service was great. They were very nice and efficient. I absolutely enjoyed that the hotel has a focus on energy efficiency. The front desk staff was extremely polite and helpful. Martin was remarkable! He provided information about the city that helped us so much. We were able to go out and experience the city safely but still explore and stay on the course that we were guided on. The bar/restaurant area was amazing! After leaving the Wizards game, I sat at the bar and had dinner. Barry was my server and he was wonderful. The bar staff worked all night and kept a positive attitude. They were quite busy but my goodness they handled everything pleasantly and with a smile. Barry has a 'no problem, it is already done' attitude. I love that! Nothing was too hard! The walk to our room was a bit long but understandable as there is one set of elevators to access all floors. Our room was very nice. We had a street view which was not bad. The only issue I could find was that the ceiling was peeling in the shower area. Outside of that, the room was great. Another option could be having a microwave in the room. All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I am hoping to return within the next 8 weeks for another weekend stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center is a luxury hotel located 5 blocks from the Convention Center and the White House. Our hotel is near 2 metro stations and has 19,000+ sq ft of event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Starwood, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Washington, Dc City Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington Dc City Center
- Washington Dc Westin