“Perfect Location and Excellent staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center

You added The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center to your Saves list
The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 M St. NW, between 15th Street NW & Thompson Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Formerly Wyndham Washington) (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #97 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
“Perfect Location and Excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Front the moment of arrival, everyone is helpful and genuinely nice and helpful. The perfect location to keep you in the middle of everything in DC. Close metro stops (within a few blocks) walking distance Sites, Shopping and entertainment. I stay at this location every trip to DC and if you work with Ms. Gray, (Concierge) you are guaranteed to be delighted with the excursions she sets up.

Room Tip: I enjoyed room facing the atrium as opposed to outside.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed this hotel to see Cherry blossom in early April 2014. Hotel was under renovation, but it did not annoy us much. As a Westin branded hotel, all of area including room were clean and neatly arranged with good bathroom amenities. Hotel was very quite when we checked in almost midnight. This hotel is not luxurious but felt comfortable to sleep. There seems only one restaurant in hotel, so he decided to go out for our meal. If you plan to stay in clean and quiet hotel, this will be a good choice.

Room Tip: Please do not expect any view. Lots of buildings are surrounded.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Somerville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have been going to this hotel for as long as I can remember. As a platinum plus member, and one who travels incessantly, this hotel was convenient but impersonal.

Lately though,it has blossomed suddenly. In my last 2 visits, for the first time, I noticed a marked difference. A simple but very personal Happy hour, more in keeping with the global platinum perks. Personal welcome in the room. They welcomed us with wine, and the manager, Anthony, stands there personally regaling the customers with attention and conversation. Now that is something you do not see often, and it inspired me to send 5 of my friends there right away,and I am not done. The difference is that of a personal touch: I was beginning to lose faith here, but I am now back! Congratulations for reinventing. I am predicting a rise in inflow if this continues.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Gold Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is a fair walk to anything of interest including good dining options. There are a lot of better hotel choices in better locations. On checkin we were treated like second rate guests as we had booked via Expedia. Comment was " oh you've booked with Expedia, here's your room key goodbye" very rude. Our room looked over the internal of the foyer which offers no natural light and a clostrophobic feeling, I did go and ask if we could have an external view room but was told nothing was available. I found this hard to believe as the place seemed very empty. Tied to talk to concierge but he was rude once and couldn't be found on the second occasion. The bar has zero atmosphere, breakfast was also poor. You can do a lot better than this place.

Room Tip: Get an external facing room
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Winchester, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this hotel for my daughters volleyball tournament. Check-in was a breeze and the guy at the front desk was great. The room was very nice and the beds were comfy. The restaurant was nice and surprisingly affordable. I did partake in exercise, but the workout facility was cramped. It had nice equipment, but there were a dozen visitors exercising. The valet was the only complaint. It was $47 overnight ($57 oversized.....my ride). The reason I complain is because I know a family who is on my daughters team stayed at a different hotel, but parked at ours after "reserving" a spot at the garage. It was considerably less than what I paid. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: A room that faces M St would have been nice. We had a alley view, but hey, its the city!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
FORT COLLINS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I travel a reasonable amount of time, busines and leisure. Maybe 20-40 nights per year. Been to EU, Asia and around here.
When i got to a cheap place i expect cheap amenities, plastic bath tub, hard springy bed and hopefully pleasant staff. When i pay almost $700 for three days, i expect a little more- enough towels, decent mattress, warm room and above all- clean room snd bathroom...

Here's what you get- No heat, grime in the bathtub
For three days complained every morning, in the evening they played dumb
Charging for everything, internet is $13/day, god forbid i needed a toothbrush.
Oh, and the best charge- $55 for parking per day!!!
Never again will i go back there.

• Stayed February 2015
Sean H, Front Office Manager at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Lana,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is very disappointing to hear of the condition of your room as our Housekeeping and Engineering teams take pride in the quality of our rooms here at the Westin DC and the lack of follow-up is even more concerning as problem resolution is always our top priority. I can assure you that I have shared your feedback with our operations team so that this never happens again to you or any other guest.
Thank you again as we will use your experience constructively to improve our hotel product and operations. We hope to see you again.

Be well,
Sean Holcombe
Front Office Manager
Westin DC City Center
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Westin for a few nights on a staycation near home to get some concentrated creative work done away from distractions. It was a decent experience, but not impressive enough that I would return -- not because anything was terrible, but there were enough slight annoyances that, given the sheer volume of hotel options in the area, I'd likely try (and recommend) someplace else.

Pros:
-- A solid venue – comfortable bed, good location, decent-sized rooms, rainforest shower
-- Room service menu. While it’s not a huge menu, it includes what they call “SuperFoodsRx” selections, which were a bit lighter than the usual room service fare. I particularly enjoyed the salmon soft tacos.

Cons:
-- The coffee shop downstairs has extremely limited food options. It’s not far to walk to other coffee shops in the area, but given that the hotel restaurant isn’t open in the morning (and the freezing cold weather), more snack/food options at the coffee shop would be useful.
-- Housekeeping didn’t replace the “Stevia in the raw” in my in-room coffee supplies, and general the in-room coffee area is a mess compared to other hotels.
-- One night, I left the “breakfast room service” order on my door, well before midnight (their due date). The next morning, I found the menu slid back under my door, and of course no room service appeared at the designated time. I have no idea what happened. Perhaps the menu fell off and another guest (not the hotel staff) slid it under the door and it’s not the fault of the hotel—I suppose I can give them the benefit of the doubt. However, that seems somewhat unlikely (I’d guess more likely that a hotel staff member found it on the ground after midnight, and sliding it under the door was their way of telling me they never got my order). Either way, when I called to confirm that the menu back under my door meant they did NOT get the request, the service desk just said, “No, we didn’t get it” with no apology or question as to whether I wanted to order something else. Service fail.
-- My room (on the SPG floor) was across from a “hotel associates” room (supply room, presumably?) and there was a lot of noise coming in and out that area.

These will sound like nit-picky grievances, and I admit that they are -- overall I had a satisfactory experience. However, there are a dozen hotels within a stone's throw of the Westin, and given the sheer number of competitors out there, in order to recommend or return to a hotel, I need to leave the hotel with a list of "small delights" rather than "small annoyances" to write in a TripAdvisor review.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center? Share your experiences!