“Beautiful Hotel, Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center

You added The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center to your Saves list
The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 M St. NW, between 15th Street NW & Thompson Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Formerly Wyndham Washington) (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #98 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Cooperstown, New York
“Beautiful Hotel, Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is beautiful! It is in a good location, close to The White House. The Metro is just about three blocks away. We had a couple issues during our two nights, but management addressed them promptly.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is a good Westin in a good location in DC. The lobby is standard Westin. Check-in was easy and efficient. The room is fairly standard Westin. Nice that I could walk everywhere I was going that weekend. Only downside was that the electrical outlets did not work on the desk and the shower had a broken cover on the handle. The SPG staff were helpful in recognizing my concerns and making up for it. Note that valet parking overnight, like everything concerning parking in DC, is not inexpensive.

Room Tip: Higher up is always better in DC. SPG members get free wi-fi.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel in a round-about area of hotels. I've stayed at two others that I won't name. I will say this one is my favorite. I was here with my family for my cousin's wedding. The hotel is gorgeous. I think we took 20 photos in the lobby while my sister checked all of us in. The staff was very friendly and professional and attentive. The room was large and beautiful. I definitely would stay here again.

Just one negative: the hotel parking is really expensive! I think it was 60/night. The parking bill was almost half the room bill. yikes! I'd recommend just taking a taxi.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Agryle, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Helpful staff, nice rooms, pretty lobby and lounge, great location. Pet friendly too! All the Westin room amenities - heavenly bed, upgraded shower, comfy robes. Rooms are clean, Starbucks coffee in room and in the lobby, and a small empty fridge in the room.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night, and we thought it was fabulous. We arrived early in the AM after getting off a red eye flight and were absolutely exhausted. Front desk staff allowed us to check in early- far earlier than the designated check in time. We fell into bed and napped for hours. The beds here are lovely. We were very pleased with the location, staff, cleanliness, and comfort. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am regular business traveler and stayed in some of the other SPG hotels like W's and Sheraton. It was my first experience in Westin and this hotel just made my first stay pleasant with Westin. Staff in this hotel was very friendly and eager to help out including valet parking staff. Room size was decent and it was meticulously maintained. Bar was very comfortable and had some great drinks and food. Beds were comfortable and overall calm environment help me to have a good sleep. Hotel is in great location as ride to and from Ronal Regan Airport was comfortable. Also was able to walk around to see some of the Washington DC's attractions.
I would love to stay here again when I visit DC in future.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel has been renovated and it looks great. The rooms are nice and the bathrooms are better. the beds are of course extremely comfortable. The hotel's staff was exceptionally helpful, even after I checked in, they called to make sure I was comfortable.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center? Share your experiences!