“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center

You added The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center to your Saves list
The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 M St. NW, between 15th Street NW & Thompson Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Formerly Wyndham Washington) (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #99 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
San Francisco
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night, and we thought it was fabulous. We arrived early in the AM after getting off a red eye flight and were absolutely exhausted. Front desk staff allowed us to check in early- far earlier than the designated check in time. We fell into bed and napped for hours. The beds here are lovely. We were very pleased with the location, staff, cleanliness, and comfort. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am regular business traveler and stayed in some of the other SPG hotels like W's and Sheraton. It was my first experience in Westin and this hotel just made my first stay pleasant with Westin. Staff in this hotel was very friendly and eager to help out including valet parking staff. Room size was decent and it was meticulously maintained. Bar was very comfortable and had some great drinks and food. Beds were comfortable and overall calm environment help me to have a good sleep. Hotel is in great location as ride to and from Ronal Regan Airport was comfortable. Also was able to walk around to see some of the Washington DC's attractions.
I would love to stay here again when I visit DC in future.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel has been renovated and it looks great. The rooms are nice and the bathrooms are better. the beds are of course extremely comfortable. The hotel's staff was exceptionally helpful, even after I checked in, they called to make sure I was comfortable.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

As with most Westin, DC City Center serves up a pleasant experience. It is located just a few blocks away from the White House, and within the area, there're many decent and pretty good cafes and restaurants as well. It's also near the Reagan National Airport.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am regular visitor to DC. This time I decided to stay at Westin after a fantastic experience in Westin Kualampur.

Despite my bad first impression at Westin DC, my overall experience was pleasant.

I requested an early checkin which was not fully honored and I am OK with that. I fully understand that early checkin is subject to availability of room. However, I did not appreciated the way that request was handled. I was asked to wait as the room would be available in next one hour and this continued for some time. I waited for more than 3 hours. I could have spent that time in a better way. Also the staff knew that I am eagerly waiting in the lobby so it would be nice of them to come to me or locate me as soon as the room was ready. My recent stay at Intercontinental Abu Dhabi has lessons. The room was not ready. I arrived really early for a breakfast meeting. The staff took my contact details and as soon as the room was ready, I got a call from them. No frustating waiting as i continued to do my other work. To my surprise, I was upgraded as well.

Upon checkin, one expects the front staff to explain you the hotel facilities. I inquired if the rate includes breakfast and internet. The answer was No. Thats perfectly fine if the answer continues. No sir, however, the breakfast is served every morning from 6:30 onwards at this level for a charge of this... It was Martin, the luggage guy who explained me the hotel facilities.

To their credit, as soon as Westin was made aware of this issue, it was taken good care of. Kelly Sites, the Director of Rooms promised me to use this as a coaching experience.

Well, except for the first day encounter, every thing else was almost perfect. The breakfast ladies were caring. The staff was friendly. To my surprise, the fitness centre was 24/7 which I found it very unique.

The location of the hotel is also very good. Almost all major attractions in the walking distance. Would try to give them another try. Afterall, Kelly Sites promised to show me a true Westin Experience :)

Room Tip: All rooms are good. If your room is facing the lobby, you may get lucky to connect to lobby wifi whi...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Walking distance to all major sights. Welcoming. From the moment we pulled up to the door everyone was welcoming and professional. A staff member in sales, James went out of his way to assist us when he saw us in the lobby struggling to decide on day's itinerary

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Staff pleasant , hotel looking a little tired , room on the 9th floor adequate in terms of size , cleanliness and comfort, Reasonable business rate for Washington. My disappointment was that nothing in the hotel was memorable....nothing....To be successful you have to make a statement or leave behind a memory. All OK but nothing special.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Kelly S, Director of Rooms at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Good day,
Thank you for being our guest and taking time to share your experience. We strive for excellence and exceeding our guest expectations and I will share your comments with the team to use as a coaching tool. We strive to make a personal connection with each of our guests and I am sorry you did not encounter this.
When your journey brings you back to the United States and Washington DC, please reach out to me directly at the hotel so we can ensure a memorable experience.
Be well,

Been to The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center? Share your experiences!