“Wonderful weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center

Save Saved
You added The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center to your Saves list
The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 M St. NW, between 15th Street NW & Thompson Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Formerly Wyndham Washington) (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #102 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
NYC
“Wonderful weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We were here for marathon weekend and Westin has a great relaxing Westin Weekend with late checkout. Wonderful fitness room with 3 elliptical machines, various other targeted muscle machines that you'd find in a nice gym. Lots of nice services including bananas and bottled water in the lobby awaiting the marathoners. Nice touches for their guests!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing interior lobby.
Green Features: Usual green practices of providing fresh towels and sheets only if specified.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I guest everything is perception the hotel was quite and clean
I travel with my grandmother so it was few. Blocks from the White House but it is best if you buy the ticket for the green and orange trolley is great
Lorenzo at the ticket boot is great welcome center
He knows customer service

• Stayed October 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this hotel as I am an SPG member and attending a conference in DC. It is in a good location but my room overlooked an alley and an office building with large windows. The garbage truck came at 5 am this morning and tonight at 10:30 PM the city is jack-hammering a large swath of concrete in the alley below. I know the Westin isn't responsible for this but offered nothing in exchange for this inconvenience. At almost $300 a night I'm not so happy with this hotel. I'll stay elsewhere my next stay in DC

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Kelly S, Director of Rooms at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Good day,
Thank you for being our guest and taking time to share your experience. I am sorry you were unable to relax during your stay with us. We were caught off guard by the construction work in the city and due to feedback such as yours we have spoken with the city to see if they could advise us in the future. We strive to have you leave our hotel feeling better than you did when you arrived and I apologize that we did not provide options to better accommodate you. We are continually improving our guest service and look forward to welcoming you back for a renewing experience.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel always seems to be priced very reasonably for what you get. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and the rooms (and amazing beds) are pretty standard for a Westin. The location isn't perfect but I believe it's a much better value than some of the hotels further south. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

i'm a canadian who traveled to Washington DC for the first time. i chose to stay at the Westin since its usually a good brand of hotels. However, this Westin doesn't live up to the name. I'm an SPG Gold member so my feedback is in comparison to many Starwood Hotels.

I accessed this hotel by Metro (MacPherson Station) it was $2.15 from the airport.
I was welcomed by some pretty ladies who were quick to get me a room. They also promised many services since it was my 30th birthday- but that never transpired at all during my stay.

The cleaning lady never emptied the garbage each day so the room had an odour. I guess she just put more soap/shampoo and made the bed. I was better off getting the 500 SPG points for not having my room cleaned.

The business centre was listed as a charge although it was free to guest, however no one mentioned this and therefore it was rarely touched by anyone.

I had my family call in from Canada, however they waited a very long time before being transferred to my room since there aren't many staff working at the front desk (usually only one or two). The phones are very hard to hear and I called to get a replacement but that was never delivered.

I would not recommend this hotel for a tourist stay in DC. I would recommend the Hilton or Intercontinental - both of which are similar in prices and locations.

Room Tip: the rooms are all the same- nothing special. either they look out to city or look into the lobby.
Green Features: emptying garbages once per stay is the green way. bring your own air freshener.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Good day,
Thank you for being our guest and taking time to share your experience. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations and I am sorry to hear we fell short during your stay. I will use your feedback to coach our front office team on the impact of following through and the room attendants on attention to details. Our phones ring to the back office where there are separate attendants answering the phones and routing them accordingly. I will take a look at scheduling to ensure our guests are not inconvenienced by delays. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will return to see how we use it to improve our guest's services.
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had read some negative reviews in the past about this property. I booked it anyway because of the great location and mainly the staff that I was working with. I was reassured the hotel had gone through a full renovation and all would be great. I was so pleasantly please with the ambiance and decor. From the moment you arrive to the decor of the renovated rooms, all was excellent.
We had a corporate meeting there with a wonderful breakfast served. Even more important was the staffs friendliness and willingness to assist the guests. Overall a great experience and we already booked to be back in June.

Room Tip: Higher floor with a view.
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Checking in: Music too loud in lobby, we could not hear what the service desk was saying, ( that and she was so soft spoken and spoke broken English and the try to give us a lecture on their green practices...still can't figure out what she said). Did not have the option to take my bags (on rollers) by myself to room (tip!) Please.
Let's go to the bar. The service was terrible. We waited and waited every night (hoping it would get better) Prices were terrible. $13 for a well drink. $16 for brand. $13 for a Kahlua and Coffee. $8 for Canyon Road Chardonnay ( you can get a liter for $9.)
Let's go for breakfast: Eggs Benedict $20 (the eggs were over cooked and little Hollandaise) Tomato Juice $5.95 and Coffee $5.95. Come on (those prices are not on the menu). $40+ for one breakfast.
Upon leaving bell hop grab my bags and put in Taxi...did not see that coming.
On the good side...the rooms were some what nice and the bed was comfortable.
We will not stay there again (unless the company books a block of rooms).
Oh and it is so far away from every thing except the National Geographic.
And Wifi was $13.95 a day.

Room Tip: Do not go here.
Green Features: Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a nice place to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Kelly S, Director of Rooms at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good day,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We value your feedback and I assure you we will share your concerns with the appropriate leaders to review the processes and pricing. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the heavenly bed and our newly renovated room and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back.
Be well,

Been to The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center? Share your experiences!