This was my 2nd stay at this Westin. The staff was excellent staff, the location was great but as a business traveler, completely unacceptable that this top tier hotel does not have a full service restaurant and limited bar(kitchen) hours. There was a full service restaurant when I stayed here last year but none this year. The only location in the hotel where you can have a meal (other than in your room) is in the bar area which is very, very small. There was a breakfast "buffet" but I use that term loosely. It was located in an area that was void of any ambiance and you might as well have been in an abandoned conference room if it were not located right above the lobby area. There were no hot entrees available (e.g. waffles, omelets, etc), only turkey sausage, bacon, cereal, fruit, bagels, oatmeal, and scrambled powdered eggs - that is a Continental breakfast - not a buffet. I've had better breakfast buffets at Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn and Best Western. And to add insult to injury, it cost $22.00!! I expect much, much more from the Westin brand and especially at that price. Also, the bar/kitchen close at 11pm...even on the weekends. There was a group of us staying at this Westin and on Saturday night we wanted to talk, have some appetizers and drinks after an event and how surprised were we that the kitchen closed at 10:30pm and the bar at 11:00pm. Really....on a weekend? So overall, great location, excellent staff but the lack of a full service restaurant means I will not stay at this Westin again and neither will the others in our group of 20. If it is not a big deal to stay at a Westin that does not have a restaurant, then I highly recommended this hotel as everything else about this Westin is wonderful. However, if you expect that a full service hotel has a full service restaurant/bar/kitchen, then this is not the hotel for you. Each of us in my group commented on how we would not recommend this Westin in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center is a luxury hotel located 5 blocks from the Convention Center and the White House. Our hotel is near 2 metro stations and has 19,000+ sq ft of event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Washington, Dc City Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington Dc City Center
- Washington Dc Westin