“Do not stay here--kleptomaniac housekeeping (twice in a 3 night stay) and rooms that smell like a camp fire.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center

Save Saved
You added The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center to your Saves list
The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 M St. NW, between 15th Street NW & Thompson Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Formerly Wyndham Washington) (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #100 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights,
on business. Housekeeping stole my contact case 2 nights in a row--yes, you read that right. Which you discover when trying to go to sleep. And the hotel tells you to go buy a new case. To top it off, a restaurant outside room has a wood fire grill that makes my room and all my things smell like I've been camping for 3 days. Not ideal when in town for business, on deadline. I travel 1/3 of the year. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2014
Kelly S, Director of Rooms at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this review, yesterday
Good day,
Thank you for being our guest. I am sorry to hear your stay was less than positive. I assure you we will look into the challenge regarding your contact case. This has never been an issue before and we will take precautionary measures to ensure it does not happen in the future. The smell is admittedly a challenge and we are trying new things and working with our neighbors to correct this. This is not consistent nor does it affect all the rooms. I am sorry you were not offered a room move.
Please let me know if your journey brings you back to Washington DC, so I can ensure a renewing experience.
Be well,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Daniel Island, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

As a Starwood fan, I have not stayed at the Westin City Center before in Washington, this is the first time.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and the hotel has been recently renovated as the rooms are fresh, neat and clean. The location is excellent if you are on business downtown as you are dead center to all the activity.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Mission Viejo, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We are members of Starwood and booked this hotel for our D.C. visit.
All the rooms seem to look out into the interior of the hotel so you have a rather dark room with no outside view and no way of seeing what kind of weather it is outside.
There were no amenities here except for a bar and starbucks (which will not let you use a starbucks card) The desk people were polite but not really helpful with information and not warm and welcoming that we are used to at Westins more a business hotel.
The location was fine. parking is expensive so would choose another hotel next time.

Room Tip: Get one away from the elevators
Green Features: Expensive hotel more for business but not what we would call friendly
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Good day,
Thank you for being our guest and taking time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear we fell short of your expectations. Our standard rooms do mainly face the interior atrium however we do have deluxe rooms available with exterior views. I will share your feedback with our team and use this as a coaching tool to improve our guest service level.
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is located right in the city centre. Very convenient access. The standards are high and staff is service minded. I repeated this hotel as I like the service levels here. Their rooms are spacious and very clean. Worth staying here as price is reasonable also.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Galloway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Was in town for a few days on business.
The hotel was nicely situated next to Thomas Circle so a great location a few blocks from many stores, higher end shopping and fabulous restaurants.
The Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial a few miles away.

Service was good, no complaints but I didn't need anything.
Nice size rooms and very clean.

Hotel is nice and we had a business conference with great rooms. The food, for conference food, was pretty good.

I would surely return as I thought it was a good value.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Comfortable Westin bed as usual. Shower tub wouldn't drain, rooms facing the atrium are subject to all of the noise of the lobby and hotel bar. Concierge is a bit strange and unattentive. Over all clean property.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Kelly S, Director of Rooms at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good day,

Thank you for being our guest and taking time to share your experience. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and I am sorry we fell short for you. Your feedback helps us to improve our products and services, and I will share this with the appropriate leaders to create a better experience.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've stayed here a few times because it was convenient to meetings I attend. Last winter, It was a mess under construction, but the results are pretty good. It's brighter and cleaner. I've been at more luxurious Westins, but it's fine. A little expensive, but it's DC.

It does have some issues. The walls are a bit thin, half the rooms open to an atrium vs. have outside light and atrium noise echoes throughout the building. The fast internet seems slow and unreliable.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center? Share your experiences!