“Top Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center

Save Saved
You added The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center to your Saves list
The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 M St. NW, between 15th Street NW & Thompson Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Formerly Wyndham Washington) (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #100 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Greifenstein, Austria
“Top Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Top Business Hotel, very good location (10min to Convention Center/City Center/White House, 20min to Georgetown to walk), perfect WLAN, very friendly, only the air condition in the rooms is very noisy and most of the rooms have no natural light

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This fits the Westin Hotel experience: quick check-in/out, Typical breakfast--nothing special. Room overlooked the atrium and was clean, spacious and comfortable with large TV. Shower had 2 new heads which was very nice and relaxing. You will pay for each service you use, with only limited free Wi-fi on first floor. Great location for walking to all the sites along the Mall and for good dining and snacks.

Room Tip: End of the hall is quiet...room overlooked atrium. No hall noise.
Green Features: If you forgo ALL room cleaning, you earn a daily $5 voucher. Not worth it as this includes no trash pick-up, coffee, or clean linens. So, this means it is a very expensive location!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

There were six of us who stayed here for 2 nights in 2 rooms. When we arrived, we were placed in separate floors, despite requesting to be in adjoining rooms or at least on the same floor at the time we booked. We were offered breakfast vouchers by way of apology, however the breakfast was poor with very few options. We were relocated to the same floor the following night, but had to move our own luggage even after arranging with the front desk for it to be done for us.

Pleasant surrounds and within 15 mins walking distance from the White House. But you will need to drive to visit the Smithsonian Museums as it's too far to walk.

Overall, a bland experience. Nothing noteworthy of mention with regards to the rooms and services.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kelly S, Director of Rooms at The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good day,

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience. I apologize for being unable to accommodate your requests and for the inconveniences it caused during your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and will use this as coaching for better service. When your journey brings you back to Washington DC, please contact me directly to ensure you are accommodated as needed.

Be well,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When we first arrived at the hotel the staff in the valet was courteous and respectful. The front desk staff was also courteous and respectful. They greeted me by Mr and my last name. Also recognized that I am Starwood Preferred Member. The lobby was clean and the security guard that was checking your hotel key was also a nice touch. The room was beautiful and was also very nice. It felt and smelled clean. The beds were very nice and the bathrooms were nice as well. The issue that I had was, when I first booked the room I was told that the valet parking charge was $45 a night for overnight parking. Then when I receive my bill at the end of my stay it was $55 for each night. Where did that extra $10 come from? It didnt say $45 and tax was $10 so I was confused as to where to the extra $10 a night for parking came from. I tried calling the front desk and they transferred me to a voicemail that said they would return my call within 24 hours. I never heard from anyone. I tried calling again left another message, and i still have not heard anyone. So basically I was charged an extra $10 a night for parking and no one has contacted me as far as why they charged me that amount and when they will put that extra money back on my card. I would not suggest staying at this hotel unless you want to be over charged for your hotel stay and your parking. I will never stay here again. I have a left another bad review for them when i was sent the Westin reviews email. I will continue to leave bad reviews as long this issue is not corrected. I dont want this happening to anyone else.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Good day,

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear no one has returned your voicemail and would be more than happy to assist you. Please contact the hotel and ask to speak with me directly and I will ensure this is explained and if necessary corrected. I look forward to connecting with you and ensuring renewal.

Be well,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Westin in DC on my last business trip (approximately a week ago). The hotel rooms were very comfortable and clean with a modern look. The hotel staff was very friendly and provided excellent service while checking in and out. If I come back to DC, I would definitely stay at this location again.

My room on the 9th floor overlooked the atrium which made it some what hard to tell what the weather was like on the outside (we had a lot of rain on the second day).

Room Tip: My room on the 9th floor overlooked the atrium which made it some what hard to tell what the weather...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Westin appears to have recently finished a renovation and it shows - the place looks great, nice and modern, with large TVs in each room. The rooms are spacious, clean, and the bed in particular is extremely comfortable (probably one of the best I've ever slept in). The staff were pleasant and courteous. I'd say this is more of a business than a casual tourist/family hotel.

I was pleased that I managed to get a room for quite cheap, although, and I may be a bit pedantic here, it would have been nice if wifi was free/included in the price of the room - there was frequently quite a few people (myself included) camped out in the lobby to use the free wifi. Room for improvement there but otherwise a pleasant stay.

I'd recommend to others and would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: Well none of the rooms have a view, as they all face inwards from what I can tell. Just aim for a hi...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I guess the hotel was being renovated so hence a lot of negative reviews. Except for a mediocre fitness center, the hotel is excellent.

I was upgraded to a City View on the seventh floor. The rooms are beautifully renovated and quite large. My King bed was heavenly :). The bathrooms are also good sized with excellent Westin shower and great bath products.

There is a coffee maker, safe, small fridge and iron and ironing board. No bathrobe.

The public areas are lovely and there were apples and fruit infused water for the guests. Service was friendly and professional.

A bit of a walk to the Metro but very doable. Convenient to great restaurants and shops on 14th Street corridor. Walked back from National Gallery.

Don't believe the naysayers. A great DC choice.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Been to The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center? Share your experiences!