“Great Location! Nice Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center

You added The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center to your Saves list
The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 M St. NW, between 15th Street NW & Thompson Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Formerly Wyndham Washington) (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #86 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
North Miami Beach, Florida
“Great Location! Nice Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Westin DC city center is great! We arrived and the room was not ready as yet, we checked in and they took out bags and placed them in a secure bag room next to check in. The hotel was great, rooms were cleaned everyday, the bed was super comfy, the bathroom amenities were great. The hotel is in a great location, its walking distance to basically everywhere in DC and if not you can always catch the subway. For the price and the location and being a Westin hotel everything was A+

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Summerville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a "babymoon" and were immediately greeted by a courteous staff. We were promptly checked into a 12th floor room with a soft king size bed. The room was clean all around. The bathroom, being how hotel bathrooms are, was nice but the best part was the rain shower. I love a rain shower! The only trouble I had was the valet locked my keys in the car(which they of course paid to have unlocked) and I was charged for two nights of valet when I only parked for 1 evening. I think this was a misunderstanding on my part. There are some great restaurants in the vicinity, as well as a CVS. It's not very close to the Mall or the Capital, but if you don't mind walking, you get a great sense of the DC by walking from the hotel to the destinations. I would stay here again. On a side note: If you are using Google maps to get here, be careful. It's located just off Thomas Circle and Google isn't very sure about the best way to get there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were greeted the minute we stepped out of our cab and brought right over to the desk. It was 9 AM and was able to get into a room which was a great way to start the day. We stayed in a room with two double beds and probably the most comfortable beds too! Both the room and bathroom were clean and spacious. Breakfast was a little pricey, but was delicious.

The staff is amazing at this property. They are attentive and made us feel like we were at home. The doormen and bellmen were so sweet. Greeted us at the start of the morning and welcomed us back at the end of the day. If you are looking for something to do or somewhere to go, see Tiffany and Mesfin because they will take great care of you!

Thank you for making our weekend so memorable!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here for a conference. I found it to be average overall. Everything was clean, but a little dated. The food as part of the conference dinner was average. I didn't get breakfast. The location is great. The fitness room was good. I was on the 4th floor overlooking the central atrium, and there was some noise, but not enough to disturb.

If I got a good value rate I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Upon arrival, the staff was courteous and friendly. I had no issues at check-in. The restaurant in the lobby had a wide variety of items on the menu. Room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on April 15 2014 for 3 nights. This is a good hotel to stay at if you want to explore DC. We had room 425 which was clean and modern but small, it had only had 2 double beds. We had 3 people in this room; my husband and myself plus our 12 year old daughter. My husband was too tall to share a double bed with and my daughter wiggles too much to share with comfort, so not a lot of good night sleep was had by the third person - me! Having said that the pillows and beds were comfortable and although I had read on line that this hotel had been known for previous cases of bed-bugs, fortunately this room was bug free.
The check in process was quick. Construction was still going on in the hotel at the time of our stay, but the noise it did not bother us as we were out of the hotel exploring DC early in the morning until late in the evening. The hotel is a good 10 -15 minute walk to the subway. They charge for WI-FI in the room but not the lobby, our room was just above the lobby so we were able to access the WI-FI free in our room - bonus! I would suggest that you ask the concierge for restaurant options in the area, we had a hard time finding a good variety of places to eat around this hotel. The hotel is situated near a circle called Thomas Circle NW with 5 road linking into this circle thus making the area kind of hard to work out and even harder to remember where you saw that restaurant you wanted to visit later. I recommend Capitol City Brewing Company on 1100 New York Ave, don't be put off by the crowds, they are quick, great service and great food. We ate there twice! The hotel was nice enough to hold our bags after check out so we could enjoy more time in DC before leaving. We would stay here again but in a bigger room next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

When I stay in major cities, I like to be walking distance to everything so there is no need to rent a car. This hotel had it all, and I found a great deal close in during Inauguration. The hotel was packed, but the staff were friendly in spite of being extremely busy. We had a high floor with a view of the church to the north. I lived in DC for 10 years, so I was looking for something between the Inauguration events (close to a METRO station) as well as walking distance to Dupont Circle.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the north if you want a view.