“I'd stay there again, and I'd encourage my friends to stay there too!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodley Park Guest House

You added Woodley Park Guest House to your Saves list
Woodley Park Guest House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2647 Woodley Road, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
1/2 Price Sunday
Ranked #3 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Honolulu, Hawaii
“I'd stay there again, and I'd encourage my friends to stay there too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

I just came back from a vacation in Washington, DC. A friend who lives in DC recommended that I stay at the Woodley Park Guest House. She said the location was close to a metrorail station and the neighborhood was safe to walk around in, even at night. She said that there were many places to eat in the area, so I agreed to give it a try.

She was right. The Woodley Park Guest House is located a block and a half away from the Red Line of the DC metrorail system. The metrorail cars pass there very frequently. It is easy to use the system to get to the National Mall and other places.

I thought my room was very cute, clean, and comfortable. They provided a healthy breakfast which seemed to satisfy every guest who came to eat. I especially liked their mixed fruit salad with yogurt on the side.

My days ended at all sorts of hours. I was able to find dinner in the neighborhood easily, and though I was a single female traveler, I felt safe walking from the metro station or the restaurants to the Guest House. The people in the neighborhood are a mix of tourists and residents, and they are buzzing around until late at night. The Guest House is a short distance from the "main drag," so it is quiet there.

The owners and staff were very pleasant to work with and helpful. They gave me detailed instructions on how to catch the metro, where to eat, and what the best tour companies were. They even checked me in to my airline and printed my boarding pass for me on the night before I left. On the morning of my departure, they stepped outside and flagged down a taxi for me. Talk about receiving excellent service! =)

It was definitely like having a comfortable home and family to return to each night. I plan to use them again the next time that I visit DC.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

We spent 5 nights at the Woodley, and we loved it! It was quiet, clean, and convenient-- just steps from the metro. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Morning time at the breakfast table was a delight-- we ejoyed tasty treats while sharing stories and gathering tips for our sightseeing adventures. Since we were not able to take in all the sights our first time around, we'll be back!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

It's not every day that your host will drop everything on his agenda for the morning to personally run you across town to meet an important meeting ... well after you have checked out ... but Joe did on a recent visit to my favourite stay in Washington. The Metro was down, everyone was out in the street unsuccessfully hailing non-existent taxis ... and I was in deep trouble with a whole bunch of govt dignitaries waiting for me to sign off on a deal worked three years for! Outstanding gesture from an outstanding host, of an outstanding facility. I love the place, and what it means to me missing home half a world away. My wife loves it too and wants me to take her back! Steve Muir, Victoria Point, Brisbane, AUSTRALIA Ph [--] ... go on ... ring me!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

Our family stayed at this lovely guest house recently. The location is perfect, as the subway is practically across the street so you can get to all the DC sites easily. However, when you feel like relaxing at the end of the day - this is a great neighborhood to be in. Lot's of wonderful restaurants within walking distance as well as the zoo. One of our highlights was just taking a relaxing stroll through the beautiful grounds of the zoo at the end of a long day at the museums. One morning, very early I walked to the National Cathedral, the houses I passed were charming and the neighborhood was just great - I felt safe and it was a great way to start the day . Courtney and Joe (the inn keepers) and all the staff are very helpful and truly nice people. They really know DC, have lived there a very long time and can give you all the inside advice a traveler needs. The breakfast they serve is wonderful and they are very accommodating. Our flight came in very, very early the day we were to check in and they did everything possible for us to get in to our rooms, check in early after flying all night. Most hotels wouldn't have taken the extra effort I believe. The Woodley Park is a great place to stay and a great way to experience DC!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Rancho Cordova, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

Just got back from a visit to DC and had to tell all that the Woodley Park Guest House was the topper to a good vacation. Will not stay anywhere else when in DC. The hosts/owners Courtney & Joe are the consumate hosts with tips, advice and any and all questiosn answered at the drop of a hat. The rooms were spotless, anything you asked for was given immediatly, the breakfasts were wonderful and very filling, the fruit salad was a wonderful fresh treat.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

This turned out to be a great choice. The welcome and service during our 5 night stay could not be faulted. Joe, Courtney and their staff were just great, with conversation and advice. There were also a lot of really nice books available about the area.
The rooms were well equipped, well decorated, stylish and very clean. Simple breakfasts but with good quality food.
The location was excellent, in a relatively quiet residential area, yet very handy (100 yards) from the Metro station and then 10 minutes into the city centre. Lots of restaurants within 2 minutes walk.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

A perfect location near the MetroRail and numerous resteraunts was a real plus, but the hospitality that was extended by Courtney and Joe iced the cake. Our room was wel-appointed, and squeaky clean, and as we came and went, everyone made it feel like home.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family