“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodley Park Guest House

You added Woodley Park Guest House to your Saves list
Woodley Park Guest House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2647 Woodley Road, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
1/2 Price Sunday
Ranked #3 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here this past week while presenting at a conference. Wonderful and kind staff! Comfy beds. The rooms were beautiful and functional. The folks at Woodley Park were helpful, cheerful and made my stay incredibly comfortable!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I don't stay at bed and breakfasts, but I was intrigued by the excellent reviews and comments. Also, I really didn't want to stay at the big Marriott, where my conference was being held. The previous reviewers have done a good job describing this place. The location is excellent - steps from the Metro and near many restaurants. The owner Courtney does a wonderful job welcoming you and introducing you to the other guests. The staff is welcoming and friendly. Breakfast is perfect. I stayed in a room with a shared bath. It was the only room left but it turned out just fine. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed February 2014
DCInnkeepers, Owner at Woodley Park Guest House, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hi R. T., aka Buffalo 55,
Thanks so much for choosing to stay in our bed and breakfast in Washington DC. We loved having the opportunity to get to know you. Before booking with us you had a couple of concerns. You had never stayed in a bed and breakfast and a shared bathroom was a totally unfamiliar concept. We appreciate the fact that you made your reservation despite these concerns. We were delighted to read in your TA review that you really enjoyed your first Bed and Breakfast experience and that the shared bath was a non-issue. Thank you for sharing your insights. We hope your comments prompt other guests to be as adventurous as you are. Thanks also for being such an engaging and interesting breakfast guest. We’d love to welcome you back in the future and we hope you had a delightful visit with your daughter on your way home.
East Meadow, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was attending a conference across the street at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel and came across this B & B when I was researching where to stay. I am so happy that I stayed here and not at the Marriott. First of all, the owners as well as the staff are very friendly and go out of their way to may your stay as comfortable as possible. There is no TV in the room however after being at a conference all day, a little peace and quiet is great. I called the morning that I was arriving to find out if there was a place near by that I could get some lactose free milk and if there was a fridge to store it. The young lady that I spoke to over the phone said that they have lactose free milk available for breakfast. I thought that this was amazing because I have never found lactose free milk in any hotel that offers a breakfast. I found out the next day when I commented about how nice it is that they offer lactose free milk, that the young lady had called the owner after my phone call to alert her to bring lactose free milk in the morning. Everyday, they had a pitcher of lactose free milk waiting for me. Breakfast at the Inn was the perfect way to start off the morning. Courtney, the owner was there bright and early and greeted each guest as they came for breakfast. She then went out of her way to make sure that every guest was introduced to each other and that everyone had what they wanted for breakfast. The choices for breakfast was great: assorted teas, coffee, a variety of cold and hot cereals, assorted pastries, fresh fruit salad, yogurt, cottage cheese with assorted toppings, choice of breads, assorted spreads and fresh lox and capers. Tea and coffee was available all the time. With regard to the room, the bed was very comfortable. If I had to attend another conference at the Marriott, or if I was in the area for a vacation, I would stay here again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: There is one room across from the kitchen area where you can get tea and coffee when breakfast is do...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hi Lorraine,
Thanks you for your lovely review. We thoroughly enjoyed having you as our guest and it was our pleasure to get to know you. Your comments about the lactose free milk are much appreciated. We strive to make every guest as comfortable as possible, which includes offering lactose and gluten free options for breakfast. We love hosting breakfast and we have carefully chosen fresh, healthy and organic local foods to fuel your day. We’re convinced that the combination of delicious food, interesting guests and great conversation is just about the perfect way to get you started on your daily agenda. Your comments about our no TV policy are also appreciated. We are firm believers in the value of a good night’s sleep, and we maintain the peace and quiet of the house so that you can enjoy that vital amenity.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I stay at Woodley Park Guest House every time we have business in Washington DC. After our first stay, we were hooked. The owner always makes a point of being around to make us feel extremely welcome and the quality of the accommodation is excellent. We particularly enjoy the friendly and interesting company of Courtney and other guests at breakfast. We look forward to staying at WPGH again soon.

Room Tip: Entire house is quiet and comfortable. Rooms are on several floors with a staircase.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hi T and S,
Knowing the amount of travel you do and the places that you’ve stayed around the world, we are very appreciative of your kind comments about our Washington DC bed and breakfast. We have grown to love you guys over your many and frequently last minute stays with us. We can’t think of any other guests who live such exciting lives and have traveled to so many different places. How many times have we hugged good-bye only to welcome you back hours or days later because some agency is requiring additional paperwork. Whatever the situation, you always arrive in good humor, loaded with great stories and tales of your exotic travels and life abroad. As always we are looking forward to your next visit.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I really enjoyed the WGH, The owners were easy to talk to, very helpful and extremely accommodating. The room with two single beds was all they had available for the nights we wanted to stay, the beds were very comfortable, the bathroom was small but adequate.

The breakfast was the same every day. The portions they put out we're small so small that it made me feel bad if I took more than a spoonful.

The location was great steps to the Metro and across the street to the Marriott which we visited for lunch and cocktails.

Room Tip: Call early to book a room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bob,
It was such a pleasure hosting you and your wife at our Washington DC bed and breakfast. We enjoyed the time we spent together and are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us as well. We fondly remember sitting together and chatting at breakfast every morning, hearing great stories from your 45-day cross-country road trip – and reviews of the A-list of Washington DC’s best restaurants you visited every evening. We’re surprised and very sorry you didn’t feel that you had enough to eat for breakfast. We always have more than enough food for all of our guests. Had you mentioned your concerns to us at the time, we would have gladly refilled your plate!
Rochester, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed at the guest house two weeks ago on a business trip. What a great find! It is across the street from the Mariott and a much better use of my money! Also across the street from a metro station, GREAT restaurants, right near the National Cathedral and a zoo! Super friendly staff put out a great breakfast spread, made sure we were comfortable and even printed my boarding pass. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are actually up a level from the main reception area. Had no problems hearing my n...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I had a conference at the Mariott across the street, but we decided to find different lodging. My daughter found this place and it couldn't have been better! The Metro stop is across the street, with easy access to everyplace in DC (well, maybe not Georgetown). The rooms were perfect (no TV, but I couldn't care less), free WiFi, friendly staff, nice breakfast.

I travel to DC on business once or twice a year, I will definitely stay here again regardless of the location of the meeting.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business