“Great for business or retreat!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT – BEST RATES
Ranked #3 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Rochester, MN
“Great for business or retreat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed at the guest house two weeks ago on a business trip. What a great find! It is across the street from the Mariott and a much better use of my money! Also across the street from a metro station, GREAT restaurants, right near the National Cathedral and a zoo! Super friendly staff put out a great breakfast spread, made sure we were comfortable and even printed my boarding pass. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are actually up a level from the main reception area. Had no problems hearing my n...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I had a conference at the Mariott across the street, but we decided to find different lodging. My daughter found this place and it couldn't have been better! The Metro stop is across the street, with easy access to everyplace in DC (well, maybe not Georgetown). The rooms were perfect (no TV, but I couldn't care less), free WiFi, friendly staff, nice breakfast.

I travel to DC on business once or twice a year, I will definitely stay here again regardless of the location of the meeting.

Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed here for a conference being held at the Marriott across the street. It was just fantastic. The staff was really friendly and helped me with all sorts of little things (metro cards, advice, printing my boarding pass, etc). The rooms were gorgeous, the bed comfortable, and the coffee plentiful. Breakfast is delicious, and over the course of my stay I had really rewarding conversations with both the owners. And there's a great book collection. It made all the difference on a somewhat tense business trip.

outside Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have stayed at this inn three times-- twice for business and once (this time) on vacation with my wife. The fact that I keep coming back should speak for itself. This place is gracious, clean, and warm, and it is tastefully decorated, without any of the ridiculous Victorian frou-frou that mars so many B&Bs. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the whole experience is more personable than staying in a hotel, but without any of that slightly uncomfortable sense of being in somebody's house. Similarly, breakfast is simple but good, the way I like it. (I do not need an artery clogging frittata or five-cheese omelet to start my day.) Finally, the location is ideal: this is a quiet neighborhood yet not too far from the tourist sights, and there are good restaurants and a metro stop just a block away. Dupont Circle is only one metro stop away, and the Smithsonian only five. It's really the best of all possible worlds.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

This bed and breakfast Inn is located acroos Marriott Wardman Hotel in NW Washington DC, and is only a few steps from the Metro Subway. The owner and the staffs knows everyone by first name. The owner Courtney joins you for breakfast which consist of fresh fruits, yogurt, hot and cold cereals, bread, boiled eggs, smoked salmon with caviar, and of course coffee and tea. She introduces the Inn's guests to each other during breakfast.The rooms are kept clean at all times.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Like several of the previous reviewers, I stayed at the Woodley Park Guest House as a more affordable alternative to the conference venues of the Marriott Wardman Park and the Omni. This was my first stay at a Bed and Breakfast, and it was great. Ingrid and her staff were wonderful, and on the third day of my stay, thanks to their sharp observation and thoughtfulness, they gifted me with an act of generosity that significantly enhanced my experience. I enjoyed being able to walk right across the street to the Marriott for conference activities, and right down Connecticut road for a variety of dinner options and the metro stop. I went to the conference with a belly full of delicious breakfast and a smile on my face from meeting good people around the table. I will certainly stay here again when the conference location rotates back around to Washington, DC.

Room Tip: It's worth springing for the rooms that have private baths.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We attended a conference right across from this wonderful B&B! The location could not have been better. The staff was simply excellent. They were accommodating, and that owner is an incredibly delightful lady. We felt like we were among friends. Breakfasts were excellent. We enjoyed the organic bread and fresh fruit. Our room was clean. We got coffee/tea and baked goodies throughout the day. We simply could not have had a better experience. This made our trip! They even gave us a departing gift! Wow! Love this place and would absolutely HIGHLY recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Woodley Park Guest House? Share your experiences!