“So welcoming!” 5 of 5 stars

Best Rates/Availability
Sebastopol, CA
“So welcoming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have just returned for at least the 5th time to the Woodley Park Guest House. I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to pull up and settle in after a long journey. Courtney and her staff make me feel right at home. They are hospitable beyond belief. Helpful with maps. Helpful with restaurants. Asking after my son, my dad, my business. It's like visiting my sister, but even better! All the joy and laughter, stimulating conversation, but my bed gets made for me and my breakfast served. What could be better than this? Sheer bliss!

Room Tip: If you need an Internet connection, I would ask for a room closer to downstairs. The ones on the upp...

380 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Brookhaven, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently attended a convention across the street from the Guest House (the Marriott Wardman). It was a welcome experience to relax at the end of the day and to be able to sit on the porch. It was very conveniently located in reference to restaurants, the METRO and some sightseeing venues. Pleasant breakfast experience with other guests. The staff was very helpful.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have been to Washington DC numerous times, and found this property to be a nice change from the hustle and bustle of larger hotels. The owners and staff are very personable. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I personally enjoyed sitting on the porch, enjoying the spring evenings. I highly recommend the Woodley Park Guest House, whether business or pleasure, it is a wonderful experience I am sure to repeat on my next visit to the city.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights during one of the prettiest times to be in DC - the cherry blossom trees and tulips on the Marriott grounds across the street were stunning.
We were greeted (by name) on arrival by 2 staff, shown to our room, and given the tour of the house. The room was very clean, well appointed, and we were pleased to note there was no television! Internet access could be obtained by going down the stairs and sitting in the lobby, breakfast room, or on the porch. We were given an ethernet cable to plug in our computer in our room, but with the new Mac's, we didn't have the right adapter.
The breakfasts were very nice (hard boiled eggs, wonderful breads, smoked salmon, fruit, juice, and coffee), and on the last evening, the owners (Courtney & Joe) had an informal cocktail party as most of us were departing the next day.
Courtney is a wealth of information about the area, and Kelly is also a good source of information and humor.
The proximity of the metro, and wonderful ethnic restaurants were a bonus...literally within a block.
We will plan to stay here the next time our travel plans bring us to the DC area!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 122...it was a large room with a great view of the Marriott grounds that had nume...
El Portal, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Woodley Park is an excellent choice for location as well as services. The price is reasonable, and the accommodations are really nice. The personel are very friendly and helpful. We were first time visitors to Washington DC and found the location to be especially good for reaching virtualy every part of Washington DC---because of its proximity to a Metro station. The Metro is very easy to 'navigate', too, and there are also some really good restaurants near Woodley Park Inn for dinner. The neighborhood is surprisingly quiet, too. An excellent choice for a B&B!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Weatogue, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

During my last trip to Woodley I discovered it was my 55th stay - for a total of 141 nights over the last several years. What keeps me coming back again and again? As a frequent business traveler to DC, the Woodley Park Guest House has been my first choice for lodging (for both personal and business trips). My original criteria included "close to the metro and good restaurants," but it is much more. The rooms are beautifully decorated with art and antiques, the beds are super comfy, and it is a great place to come back to after a busy day of work or seeing the sights. Courtney and Joe (and all of the staff) make every effort to make my stay as comfortable as possible and I enjoy the interesting conversations at breakfast with guests from all over the world. Being a frequent guest, I can say that the service, food, and commitment to excellence are consistently wonderful. I will be back soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Madison, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

As a single traveler, the safety, comfort and wonderful care that the Woodley Park Guest House provides, is a treasure.
I have stayed with Courtney and Joe four times now. Some of my visits have been short overnights en route to some foreign place, while others have been to visit my adult children who live and work in Washington, D.C.
No matter the reason for my visit, I am welcomed by a clean, quiet, pleasant room. Breakfast is a wonderful opportunity to meet my fellow guests and enjoy a calm, nourishing start to my day. Whatever my plans might be for the day, WPGH is near the Metro, excellent restaurants and shops.
I look forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful.The only decision is whether to share a bathroom and what floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Woodley Park Guest House? Share your experiences!