“Especially Convenient Location to Metro” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
BOOK DIRECT – BEST RATES
Ranked #3 of 49 Washington DC B&B and Inns
El Portal, CA
“Especially Convenient Location to Metro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Woodley Park is an excellent choice for location as well as services. The price is reasonable, and the accommodations are really nice. The personel are very friendly and helpful. We were first time visitors to Washington DC and found the location to be especially good for reaching virtualy every part of Washington DC---because of its proximity to a Metro station. The Metro is very easy to 'navigate', too, and there are also some really good restaurants near Woodley Park Inn for dinner. The neighborhood is surprisingly quiet, too. An excellent choice for a B&B!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Weatogue, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

During my last trip to Woodley I discovered it was my 55th stay - for a total of 141 nights over the last several years. What keeps me coming back again and again? As a frequent business traveler to DC, the Woodley Park Guest House has been my first choice for lodging (for both personal and business trips). My original criteria included "close to the metro and good restaurants," but it is much more. The rooms are beautifully decorated with art and antiques, the beds are super comfy, and it is a great place to come back to after a busy day of work or seeing the sights. Courtney and Joe (and all of the staff) make every effort to make my stay as comfortable as possible and I enjoy the interesting conversations at breakfast with guests from all over the world. Being a frequent guest, I can say that the service, food, and commitment to excellence are consistently wonderful. I will be back soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Madison, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

As a single traveler, the safety, comfort and wonderful care that the Woodley Park Guest House provides, is a treasure.
I have stayed with Courtney and Joe four times now. Some of my visits have been short overnights en route to some foreign place, while others have been to visit my adult children who live and work in Washington, D.C.
No matter the reason for my visit, I am welcomed by a clean, quiet, pleasant room. Breakfast is a wonderful opportunity to meet my fellow guests and enjoy a calm, nourishing start to my day. Whatever my plans might be for the day, WPGH is near the Metro, excellent restaurants and shops.
I look forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful.The only decision is whether to share a bathroom and what floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is my second four night stay. Your price includes a wonderful and healthy buffet breakfast daily, with fresh fruits, great breads, cottage cheese, lox and cream cheese, healthy cereals and coffees and teas. In the afternoon it's coffee or tea and cookies, scones, and brownies and drinks. Conversation at breakfast led by Courtney in the mornings help you get to know others easily. There's a daily Washington Post and New York Times downstairs and free wifi throughout the building. The property is up to date. The owners are there every day.

Room Tip: Look at their website. There is a wide range of prices and choices of rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Clive, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Woodley Park Guest House for 3 nights while enjoying a sightseeing trip to DC. It's a wonderful place--Courtney, Joe and Josephine made us feel welcome right from the start. The night we checked in Courtney and Joe were hosting an impromptou gathering for guests in the dining room, and we were encouraged to join the group and have a glass of wine and some cheese and crackers. Courney is amazing at remembering guests' names and connecting people with each other. The location of the guest house is perfect, just steps from the Woodley Park-Zoo-Adams Morgan Metro stop and in a vibrant and safe neighborhood within walking distance of many restaurants and the National Zoo. We loved our room 122 on the second floor and it was very quiet, comfortable, clean and nicely decorated. Breakfasts were a treat, offering various cereals, delicious bakery breads, fruit salad with yogurt, salmon with capers and cream cheese and hard boiled eggs. You can tell this B&B is a labor of love and it's a place where guests are treated to a first-class, homey, welcoming experience. We were very impressed and the next time we're in DC we'll definitely choose Woodley Park again!.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My experience with Woodley Park Guest House began over five years ago when I began staying at WPGH during the week for work. WPGH is a beautiful, restful oasis in the midst of DC. There are many outstanding features to describe, here are my top five: #1 is the incredible cleanliness of the rooms and the care taken each and every day to keep them that way; #2 is the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff, who are clearly happy to be there and eager to make you happy too; #3 is the safety and security of the property; #4 is the great location at Woodley Park metro stop and shopping/eating nearby; and #5 is the wonderful quiet atmosphere, certainly a signature feature and very highly valued for this business traveler. On another note, WPGH is also my choice for staying in DC for pleasure, for all the reasons noted above (plus nearby Zoo, Adams Morgan, galleries, Cleveland Park, etc. etc.). Simply a wonderful place to stay in Washington.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have special added touches like antique furniture and art; over the years, I have s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kingston RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

As a telecommuter who needs to visit my Dupont Circle office on a regular basis, the Woodley Park Guest House has been the only place I've stayed for several years now. I've stayed tons of times, sometimes for a couple of days and other times for almost a week. It is always the same: immaculately clean, great breakfasts with interesting guests and delightful hosts, conveniently located (1 minute walk) to the Metro or Connecticut Avenue (cabs and buses). Still, Woodley Park is an extremely quiet place to rest your head after a day of work or touristing. BTW--it's really more like a small inn (15 or 16 rooms) than a B&B. I travel extensively for work, and am very picky about where I stay, but rarely take the time to review places. Having tried many other DC accommodations before I discovered Woodley Park Guest House, I cannot say enough good things about this wonderful place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Woodley Park Guest House? Share your experiences!