“A dream for the single traveler awaits you!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT – BEST RATES
Ranked #3 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Madison, Alabama, United States
“A dream for the single traveler awaits you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

As a single traveler, the safety, comfort and wonderful care that the Woodley Park Guest House provides, is a treasure.
I have stayed with Courtney and Joe four times now. Some of my visits have been short overnights en route to some foreign place, while others have been to visit my adult children who live and work in Washington, D.C.
No matter the reason for my visit, I am welcomed by a clean, quiet, pleasant room. Breakfast is a wonderful opportunity to meet my fellow guests and enjoy a calm, nourishing start to my day. Whatever my plans might be for the day, WPGH is near the Metro, excellent restaurants and shops.
I look forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful.The only decision is whether to share a bathroom and what floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is my second four night stay. Your price includes a wonderful and healthy buffet breakfast daily, with fresh fruits, great breads, cottage cheese, lox and cream cheese, healthy cereals and coffees and teas. In the afternoon it's coffee or tea and cookies, scones, and brownies and drinks. Conversation at breakfast led by Courtney in the mornings help you get to know others easily. There's a daily Washington Post and New York Times downstairs and free wifi throughout the building. The property is up to date. The owners are there every day.

Room Tip: Look at their website. There is a wide range of prices and choices of rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Clive, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Woodley Park Guest House for 3 nights while enjoying a sightseeing trip to DC. It's a wonderful place--Courtney, Joe and Josephine made us feel welcome right from the start. The night we checked in Courtney and Joe were hosting an impromptou gathering for guests in the dining room, and we were encouraged to join the group and have a glass of wine and some cheese and crackers. Courney is amazing at remembering guests' names and connecting people with each other. The location of the guest house is perfect, just steps from the Woodley Park-Zoo-Adams Morgan Metro stop and in a vibrant and safe neighborhood within walking distance of many restaurants and the National Zoo. We loved our room 122 on the second floor and it was very quiet, comfortable, clean and nicely decorated. Breakfasts were a treat, offering various cereals, delicious bakery breads, fruit salad with yogurt, salmon with capers and cream cheese and hard boiled eggs. You can tell this B&B is a labor of love and it's a place where guests are treated to a first-class, homey, welcoming experience. We were very impressed and the next time we're in DC we'll definitely choose Woodley Park again!.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My experience with Woodley Park Guest House began over five years ago when I began staying at WPGH during the week for work. WPGH is a beautiful, restful oasis in the midst of DC. There are many outstanding features to describe, here are my top five: #1 is the incredible cleanliness of the rooms and the care taken each and every day to keep them that way; #2 is the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff, who are clearly happy to be there and eager to make you happy too; #3 is the safety and security of the property; #4 is the great location at Woodley Park metro stop and shopping/eating nearby; and #5 is the wonderful quiet atmosphere, certainly a signature feature and very highly valued for this business traveler. On another note, WPGH is also my choice for staying in DC for pleasure, for all the reasons noted above (plus nearby Zoo, Adams Morgan, galleries, Cleveland Park, etc. etc.). Simply a wonderful place to stay in Washington.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have special added touches like antique furniture and art; over the years, I have s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kingston RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

As a telecommuter who needs to visit my Dupont Circle office on a regular basis, the Woodley Park Guest House has been the only place I've stayed for several years now. I've stayed tons of times, sometimes for a couple of days and other times for almost a week. It is always the same: immaculately clean, great breakfasts with interesting guests and delightful hosts, conveniently located (1 minute walk) to the Metro or Connecticut Avenue (cabs and buses). Still, Woodley Park is an extremely quiet place to rest your head after a day of work or touristing. BTW--it's really more like a small inn (15 or 16 rooms) than a B&B. I travel extensively for work, and am very picky about where I stay, but rarely take the time to review places. Having tried many other DC accommodations before I discovered Woodley Park Guest House, I cannot say enough good things about this wonderful place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I want to start with the breakfasts. Although they don't have any cooked breakfast, they do have a terrific combination of items for a continental breakfast, including amazing fresh breads from a local bakery and excellent (two kinds) of coffee, smoked salmon, yogurt and fruit and other items. The dining room is one large family style table -- and they don't mind if you linger, which our family did. And one of the members of our family needs gluten free food -- and they had a selection of items (rare in our experience), and at one point, the owner offered to run out and get something from a local store, when we asked (but we didn't let her go!)

The rooms are small and simple. The slightly more expensive rooms are worth it for the extra floor space, in our minds. There is no TV, which was a disappointment (and I didn't realize that when we booked) but there is free WiFi that is fast, so in the end, we didn't mind.

Because of some special requirements for rooms, we talked to them on the phone before booking on line -- and they were very prompt in calling us back (went to message) and were extremely helpful when our plans changed slightly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Staying at the Woodley Park Guest House over Inauguration weekend was a joy. I have always preferred a bed and breakfast to a hotel for the camaraderie of the guests and the hospitality of the hosts. On this weekend, everyone was in a celebratory mood, and the owners hosted a special cocktail hour on both Saturday and on Inauguration Day, and they went out of their way to be sure everyone had the information and resources they needed to totally enjoy the weekend. The inn itself is charming and the rooms very nicely decorated and comfortable. The buffet breakfast offers choices for any taste. And several delightful restaurants are just around the corner, as, very conveniently, is the Woodley Park stop on the Red Line Metro. Courtney and Joe and their staff are ever-present to make sure their guests have an excellent stay, which my friend and I most definitely did.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Woodley Park Guest House? Share your experiences!