“Relaxing, cozy, and comfortable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodley Park Guest House

You added Woodley Park Guest House to your Saves list
Woodley Park Guest House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2647 Woodley Road, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Memorial Day Flash Sale
Ranked #3 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston
“Relaxing, cozy, and comfortable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed in a room here this past weekend and left eager to write this review. From the moment I arrived until the moment I left, I felt taken care of by the inn staff and completely at home. My room was cozy and comfortable, and I looking forward to the breakfast-- fresh fruit, salmon, eggs, toast, and good coffee. Courtney, one of the owners, was friendly and engaging, and we had a few really wonderful conversations. Kelly and Josephine, two women who worked at the front desk, knew me by name and went out of their way to make me comfortable. When I checked out, I'd left a bag behind, and Josephine walked two blocks in the cold to come find me and bring me my bag! I don't know when I'll be in DC next, but I can definitely say that I'll be staying here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Outstanding value: charming house, hospitable hosts, great location, and delicious breakfast all at a reasonable price.

Rooms vary quite a bit, some sharing bathrooms and encountering more noise than others.

Courtney and her staff will make your stay an excellent one. They are quite happy to recommend local restaurants (some of which are great) and sites to see. Highly recommended, especially if you'd prefer the charm of a wonderful B&B to the monotony of chain hotels.

Room Tip: Be sure to specify size of bed, privacy of bathroom, and tolerance of noise when picking your room...
Troy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is my second stay here, and if possible, it was better than the first. Everyone is very friendly and they really look out for you and try to help you in any way possible- you only have to ask. The owners are hands-on, which really makes a difference. Rooms are very nice. They are all different, so be sure to look through and see which would suit you best. Free internet and the excellent breakfast make it a good value. It's quiet (no TVs!) The Metro is just around the corner, making it a convenient oasis for a visit.

Room Tip: Look through their inventory and see what works best for you.
Alnwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Woodley Park - Courtney is a brilliant host as are all her staff who are so helpful and cant do enough for you

Loved the room we stayed in - everything was in perfect order

Really enjoyed the breakfast round the large table - we learnt so much about Washington and also America from the other guests

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My stay at the Woodley Park Guest House was wonderful from start to finish. It is a lovely house, in a great location, the staff were polite and friendly, and the owners were delightful and helpful. My room was clean, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. Breakfast was good, and there was a happy hour on one of the evenings of my stay. It was so nice to stay in lodging with character, unlike the chain hotels. I highly recommend the Woodley Park Guest House.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have stayed at the Woodley Park Guest House for several nights on five different business trips since September, 2012. They are my first choice in DC when I travel. The staff and owners are very service-driven and professional. I've appreciated the free wi-fi and desk space in the rooms and the ability to work in the evenings in comfort. The surrounding restaurants are excellent--ranging from moderately priced to elegant fine dining and the proximity to the metro is unparallelled. The historic renovation of the house rivals the best I have seen--beautiful details, artwork and furnishings. I highly recommend Woodley Park Guest House to all my friends and family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at the Woodley Park Guest House for a week in October. I had a great trip, all the staff were warm, welcoming, and just helped out whenever needed. I'd like to think I wasn't a high maintenance guest but I did need a helping hand at times. And I really did value, the odd restaurant just being booked, a hair dresser just being recommended and a quick call to make sure they were open, airline confirmation just printed. Honestly, just regular things, made easy without a fuss or bother. Yes, some days were wet, and hey presto "here's an umbrella to borrow." Just believe all the reviews.... My room was clean, comfortable and well appointed. I enjoyed my afternoon chats. Would I stay here again... for sure!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Woodley Park Guest House? Share your experiences!