“Safe - clean - relaxing - convenient - AHHhhhhh.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woodley Park Guest House

You added Woodley Park Guest House to your Saves list
Woodley Park Guest House
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2647 Woodley Road, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
1/2 Price Sunday
Ranked #3 of 33 Washington DC B&B and Inns
puddledocker1
“Safe - clean - relaxing - convenient - AHHhhhhh.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

How did Kelly remember that I loved my breakfast in the wicker chairs on the porch? How did Ingrid know that I wanted help in confirming my flight home? How did Courtney know I would appreciate her giving me a lift UP to the National Cathedral, but enjoyed the stroll back down the hill later that day? Anyone can hang up a sign and call themselves a host, but this group of people practice the art of hospitality. This lovely place is just around the corner from many great eateries, but this most recent trip I discovered the Woodley Cafe, moments from from the guest house. Try their homemade REAL tomato/basil soup and you'll go back for more as I did. Thank you Kelly - thank you Ingrid -- thank you Courtney. See you in a couple of months.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

This is a gem. My husband & I stayed here on a long weekend fun trip. We visited old favorite museums and a found some new favorites (notably the Newseum). The location is outstanding, because it is so close to a Metro station and the neighborhood is lovely. It is walking distance to the National Cathedral (longer walk) and the Zoo (shorter walk) and the Adams Morgan area. The staff and owners of this guest house could not be nicer. Breakfast was a facilitated discussion among the guests who happened in and was one of the high points of our stay. Wonderful and interesting people in town for a variety of reasons. The food was really good and there was a good variety. The coffee was outstanding (really). We walked to dinner in Adams Morgan one night, and the other nights we ate in the immediate neighborhood. Taxi service was readily available, although we just walked or used the Metro. I guess you might want to know that the rooms are small and there are no televisions. The bed was really comfortable, the bathroom was nice, the closet and furnishings were nice, there is high speed internet available, and the absence of a television was a blessing.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I am a bed and breakfast traveler. When I must attend conferences, I always seek out alternative accommodations, near by or on a bus/subway route, that will take me to the conference meeting place. This guest house exceeded all of my expectations in all categories: Near to the metro (steps away), Comfort of accommodations (small elegant rooms, a great night's sleep), gracious hostess, lovely breakfast and interesting and diverse guests that make for warm and meaningful breakfast conversations.

Parking is available free of charge if you inform the reservations desk when you book your room. I arrived about an hour earlier than expected and took the time to stroll the nearby neighborhood, Rock Creek Park, the local Pakistani import store filled with saris and costume jewelry, and the wonderful Diner, one block away, that screens classic movies continually.

Most important for me, an Israeli advocate for dialogue and negotiations, was the opportunity to talk with others who were visiting Washington and share our experiences.
A married couple, lawyers described their visit to the News Museum and the World War II and Korean War memorials and I made sure to take these in on this or my next visit. The 2 star general who volunteers to fly medical aid to areas of the world where help is needed was an unexpected surprise. And it turned out he knew an old friend of mine and helped us re-connect. Others were doctors developing new tools in their field, a former NYC Assistant Commissioner, and families looking at colleges with their kids.

Stay here!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

Stayed recently on short notice while visiting from an overseas deployment; chose the WPGH after having lived in the same neighborhood prior to moving overseas; great hosts and staff, cool guests; 1/2 block from Red Line Metro stop; good food nearby; small-scale, smart alternative to big hotel; convenient parking if you drive.

Manchester, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Great location. Would recommend this over a hotel for your next conference. Very comfortable and friendly, accommodating staff.

Elmira, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

I stayed at Woodley Park Guest House on February 19-21 as my teenage daughter and I continued her college search process. We spent two days visiting universities in western VA and in Richmond, and used Woodley Park as our homebase to check out Georgetown University and University of Maryland-College Park.

The Woodley Park location was perfect for us. Had my daughter been interested we could have also toured other DC universities easily, since the Metro stop is only one minute away and many colleges have their own Metro stops. As it was, we used one day to venture to Georgetown and a second to UMD. Woodley Park Guest House provided us with a welcome respite each time we returned, and we especially enjoyed the conversation around the breakfast table each morning as owner Courtney and many helpful guests shared their own stories of taking kids on college visits and gave us insightful advice.

We stayed in a wonderful room on the ground floor with a private bathroom and sharing a double bed. When we booked we used an online coupon that gave us a discount for both nights that we stayed and we reserved one of the parking spaces. The savings from the coupon and not having to pay for parking made our stay very affordable by DC standards.

I told my husband that we need to come back again for many reasons, but especially in two years when my younger daughter is ready to start her college visits. We got benefited so much from the collective wisdom at the breakfast table that it doesn't even matter if Daughter #2 is interested in DC area colleges, we'll just want to see what everyone says!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

This is a lovely B&B - my favorite in DC - near the big conference hotels I tend to frequent. First discovered when it was time to settle in our son at college nearby, it has been a favorite to come back to over the last 2 years. The owners and staff are thoughtful and attentive, and the other guests from around the country and overseas are fun to swap stories with over a healthy breakfast. Comfy beds and elegant, newly remodeled rooms. The front porch is a favorite place to sip wine and visit with colleagues staying nearby at the Marriott or Omni Shoreham...."How did you find this place...?" they ask with a hint of envy. Imagine my surprise on the last day of this week's stay to find imported chocolate Valentine's Day hearts on my pillow... a sweet holiday touch for someone having to travel solo.