We stayed here for five nights with two teenage daughters. The location is great. About a two minute walk to the Metro station, five minutes to a great supermarket (Wholefood Market) and resturants. Have a look in the GWU dining hall next to the Metro station (located with Starbucks). Really cheap food and it is open when the resturants are not!! About twenty minutes walk to the Whitehouse and the National Mall.
The motel first appears to be very tired from the lobby, but the rooms are a good sized and comfortable. The kitchen had basic utensils. A toaster in the room would have been nice. We found the staff friendly and helpful. As others have mentioned, be ready for the $36/day to park a car. We only had our hire car for one nigt so it was not too painful.
The wifi is complementy to HHonors members. When we arrived we were not members, but the guy on the front counter pointed out it is free to join so we joined and got the free wifi.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites Washington, Dc Hotel
- Doubletree Suites Washington, Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Doubletree Washington Dc
- Doubletree Hotel Washington Dc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location, location, location. The Washington Guest Suites located in Washington, DC is only blocks from national treasures like the Smithsonian, The National Gallery of Art, The White House, the Washington Monument, and the U.S. Capitol. For a special evening, stroll lamp-lit, tree-lined streets to a performance at the Kennedy Center, home of the National Symphony Orchestra. Enjoy fantastic shopping in historic Georgetown. Metro shuttle buses provide easy transportation to and from the Georgetown area. When planning an overnight trip or an extended stay in the DC Area, the Washington Guest Suites is the perfect location. Hotel is nestled among stately brownstones in one of Washington D.C.'s finest historic neighborhoods within walking distance to the Kennedy Center and George Washington University. This charming extended stay Washington DC hotel provides all the comforts of home, with easy access to the monuments and museums of our nation's capital. The Foggy Bottom Metro (subway) stop is a convenient 1/2 block from the hotel and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is a quick 15-minute ride.The large, beautifully appointed one and two-bedroom suites at our hotel in Washington, DC offer a separate living room, fully equipped kitchen, and wireless high-speed internet access, are perfect for business travel, family vacations and extended stay visits. The caring and professional staff of the Washington Guest Suites extended stay hotel in Washington, DC will make you feel right at home, offering helpful recommendations on local fine dining and eateries, entertainment, sightseeing and transportation. For your convenience, room service only is available for breakfast and dinner daily. Take in the view from our seasonal, rooftop pool overlooking the famed Watergate complex and the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.•Wireless High-Speed Internet Access $9.95•Room Service Only for Breakfast and Dinner•Fully Equipped Kitchens•Valet Laundry Services•Seasonal Rooftop Pool.When you visit our nation's capital, we know you'll choose the Washington Guest Suites Washington, DC for a truly comfortable, quiet, and unique experience. We look forward to welcoming you with our very special, signature warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Amex, EasyToBook, Olotels, Priceline, Hotwire, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Washington Guest Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.