“Will Stay Here Again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Palo Alto, California
“Will Stay Here Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

The room was clean, comfortable, continental breakfast was good, and the staff friendly and helpful. I was there for the Nike Women's Half-Marathon and enjoyed my stay. The only caveat would be the walls are thin and I can hear my neighbors. If you are a light sleeper this may pose a problem, but a herd of buffalo can come trampling in the room and I will still be asleep. So, it was ok for me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Stryker, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Was please with the service. There was a mix up or a misunderstanding but AJ took care of it. Something I don't like is having to pay to park at a hotel you are staying at. Other than that everyone was very very very nice.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I loved staying at this hotel! We were upgraded on check-in for an extra $30 a night. The rate was better than anything else we could find in DC so to get an upgrade to a Junior Suite was still lower than most of the 4* hotel rooms in DC (I work as a travel agent, so know a good price when I see it)

The room was beautiful. Verrrry spacious and always clean when we returned.

Whilst it is not as centrally located as some, we walked from Metro Center to the hotel in 20 minutes. It was an easy walk and we got to see a different side of DC.

The breakfast at the hotel was great and included in our rate. Wifi is at a charge but if you join the Hilton HHonors program (which is free) then you can access for free.

The only thing I would say is that the bed is a little soft as I had some back pain, but I was also doing

Would definitely recommend this hotel for DC!

Room Tip: Choose to do an optional upgrade.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

First the location is good. The hotel is far enough away from the monuments to be quite, but close to the metro and restaurants. But there are a lot of cons that would make me not stay in this hotel again. Let me start by saying we started out as happy but a number of things happened that really changed our opinion. 1. On our second night room service ran out of towels, a manager promised to get us some once the cleaner came in but that never happened. We made due but the promise should be kept. 2. Upon check in they informed us their valet was filled, as we unpacking a spot became available (great) but the car came back covered in pollen and with a scratch on the bumper. Sadly I did not notice the scratch until we left. 3. On our final day while packing we found clothing that was not ours under the bed. So its clear they can do a better job of cleaning and room inspection. Upon check out I wanted to communicate the items I knew about to the manager but I felt so rushed by the desk I just told them about the coffee maker with the loose wiring and left. Overall I would not stay at this hotel again. With all the options in DC, I think you can find somewhere better.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

A wonderful executive level hotel with excellent concierge service. Delicious breakfast included for the entire family and BOGO drink coupons for the adults. Convenient to Metro and Bus lines. Safe neighborhood and top quality restaurant on site.

Metrowest Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed in this hotel with our three children. Room was clean and a good size. One night there was a group in an adjoining room that partied loudly from 3:00 am until 3:45 am. They did not quiet down even when the management tried to intervene. Aside from that we had good service and I would stay here again. Very nice location.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Just finished 3 nights at the Doubletree. Great location - about 8 blocks to the White House and a block and a half from Whole Foods (where we found breakfast every morning on their hot foods bar). Staff was great and the bar had a great happy hour!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree Hotel Washington DC? Share your experiences!