“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Raleigh NC
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was a great hotel. The staff simply couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Whether it was a noisy child ("no problem! I have a 3 year old myself!"), parking, directions, extra cookies, room location -- whatever, they strove to please and were very friendly. The workout facility was in good condition, the rooms were clean and well-kept, the location is a good one. The one thing is that the bathrooms are a little small. But I would completely overlook that in exchange for the wonderful service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gary G, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Washington DC, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am pleased you found the team to be most helpful no matter what the request and you’re room extremely clean. I am also very happy to hear you enjoyed the warm cookies. I will share you comments with my very proud team and we are looking forward to your return visit. We hope you enjoyed your visit to the DC area. Thank you again for choosing to stay with our Doubletree family while in DC.

Gary Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

this hotel is a little far from metro but u can take a taxi to where u want to go. its good service, nice concierge, a very classy restaurant. when we got into room the fire alarm was buzzing because of old batteries and bathroom could have been better cleaned. they have best cookies and also 40 dollars daily parking. they offer maps, list of restaurants around area. its comfortable!

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am pleased our pleasant staff & concierge took such good care of you and you enjoyed our restaurant. As you mentioned, cabs are readily available for trips throughout the city and the metro is a short, four block walk if you chose to take metro. I am sorry about your smoke detector we have a very detailed engineering staff on duty to take care of any needs once reported.
We are looking forward to your return visit. We hope you enjoyed your visit to the DC area.

Humble, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed here several times and had a great experience each time. The rooms are very nice and the staff is pleasant. My only complaint is that the parking garage is very difficult to maneuver in and parking is way over priced.

Definitely will stay there again on future trips.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Welcome back on your third stay. We are happy you continue to choose our hotel when staying in DC. I am pleased your enjoyed your room and our pleasant staff. Our valet team is on hand daily to ensure we make your parking needs effortlessly. Our parking is priced very competitively with other local hotels. Thanks again for your continued patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit with a warm cookie.

Austin, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

As Doubletree Hotels go, this one is on the older side. The rooms are small and the bathroom in our double queen room was Tokyo-esque, which is to say microscopic. The location is ideal in D.C., easy walk to the metro and convenient to everything in the city. Room was clean and staff friendly, just adjust your expectations as compared to other Doubletree properties.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am happy you found our location convenient to area attractions and our staff was friendly. We do have additional room types available based on our travelers needs. We are looking forward to your next visit to DC and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the DoubleTree in DC. The staff is extremely helpful and the rooms are upscale. Be sure to check your view when you get to the room, as you probably would prefer a view of the green areas interconnecting with the streets, as opposed to a room with a less enticing view. The bathroom, although quite nice, is too small and there was really not much room to move around.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary G, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Washington DC, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found my staff helpful. We do offer a variety of room views as with most city hotels and encourage our guests to update any profile requests during their visit. Based on availability we do our best to honor those requests for future stays. We also have a variety of room types available for upgrade purchase that may be more conducive to needs.

Thank you once again for your kind response. We look forward to your return visit.

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My room was clean and comfortable. The only complain I had was I don't know why the bathroom size was a bit small despite having ample size to make a bigger bathroom.

Restaurant in the hotel is all right and the bar has good prices between 4 to 7 Pm on some drinks.
Parking is expensive ($36.00) dollars a night. Best bet is taking taxi's or walk 5 to 10 minutes to Dupont Circle metro station. Staff was nice and courteous. Over all no major complain.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gary G, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Washington DC, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am please your found your accommodations clean and comfortable. I am please you enjoyed your visit overall and were able to visit our inviting bar during happy hour. Our great location near DuPont makes us a great place for any type of travel.

Thanks again for the feedback and the kind words. I hope you enjoyed your visit to DC and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Abingdon, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this property for two nights while in DC to attend a few of the 2013 Inauguration festivities. While check-in was efficient we did have to enlist the Manager- AJ to have our room changed to meet my Diamond-Level HH room preferences. We appreciated very much how AJ assisted in securing us another room. Our 5th floor room with King bed was quietly tucked away from the main hallway and was very comfortable. Wi-Fi was complimentary with a coupon code, but it was basically useless in our room and we could not stay connected.
The hotel offers valet parking at $37.00 per night with in/out privileges. The valet team does a great job. We had dinner one night in the on-site Aria Restaurant where both the food and service were very good. We used our complimentary coupons each morning for the breakfast in the same restaurant. The offerings include made-to-order options and a standard menu. Breakfast was good and so was the service from our waiter. The staff overall was very attentive and welcoming.
We did use the computers in the Business Center with no problems, but the center was lacking basic supplies available in most hotel business centers, i.e. pens, pencils, notepads, etc. The hotel is within walking distance to a number of places to eat and in our case 5-6 blocks from Inauguration activities. We typically stay at the Capitol Hilton when in DC, but this property met our needs during this visit.

Room Tip: Wi-Fi not really good in rooms tucked off the main hallway. We were in 541.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Inauguration Attendees,

Thank you for taking time during this exciting week to review your stay. I am pleased to here AJ, our valet team and restaurant team were very accommodating and you enjoyed your stay. My friendly team, takes great pride in assisting our guests. I am not quite sure why your internet seemed to be amiss during your visit but will follow up immediately in house. My engineering team is available upon requests to help trouble shoot technical issues.

I hope you enjoyed your week and we greatly appreciate you spending the inauguration with us. I hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for the kind words. I will be sure to share with the team.