“Hotel George” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The George

You added The George to your Saves list
The George
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 E Street, NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Give Yourself Some Credit
Ranked #11 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Amityville, New York
“Hotel George”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Right down the street from the Capitol and near other DC landmarks, this is a nice enclave to park your stuff if you're in town for a DC visit. The premises are immaculate and everything is service
able. Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at The George, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Short but sweet! Thanks for the review, MikeMehary. We're looking forward to seeing you again.

Kiah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Korean first
fort lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The George has outdone itself with their beautiful new guest rooms. This is my second stay and I so enjoyed the posh new rooms and even cozier beds. And as for the staff....top notch service once again. It was Valentines weekend and my husbands birthday and they made the stay awesome by having wonderful selection of amenities in the room at our check in. The management goes above and beyond to make their guest feel special. Thanks again for a great weekend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
You're welcome, Vetgirl69! We're delighted to have contributed to your Valentine's/Birthday success this year. Thanks for the photos along with such a stellar review. We're looking forward to impressing you even further next time!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had business in Washington DC this week, so took the train into Union Station. I looked for a hotel that was nearby both the train station as well as where I was working. The Hotel George was within a short walking distance to Union Train Station, but it was not overcrowded, busy or loud outside.

They had a room available, so I was able to check in early, drop off my bags, and get off to my meeting. Check in was easy. The front desk staff was pleasant. I had booked a Queen room, but I was able to get upgraded to a King room (just a $10 difference, but nice touch). Maybe that had something to do with joining their loyalty club. In addition, I received a $10 “raid the mini bar” coupon for joining their club, as well.

The hotel has recently been refurbished. The rooms are modern, and large enough for one or two people. There’s a desk, a bed and lounge chair. Closet is big enough (not huge), and the bathroom was great. It had both a tub and a large walk-in shower. The soap they use in their showers are in big bottles with pumps. (I guess that’s to eliminate all the tiny plastic bottles that fill our landfills. I like it.). It has a wonderful peppermint scent, that exhilarates and wakes you up!

The room comes with an iron and a hair dryer, AND it has a Keurig coffee maker. I need my coffee in the morning (especially when I work, I’m up early). This is a great feature, and I was happy to have a nice, hot cup of coffee after my morning shower.

There’s a mini bar (snacks as well as a big choice of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages), and you can either order room service, or visit their restaurant/bar downstairs. I got in late, so ordered just a cup of onion soup and a pot of tea from room service. It was perfect.

The bed, pillows and linens were clean, and comfy, and there are 2 “animal print” bathrobes to wear while you’re there. I picked leopard, but that’s just me…you might be more the zebra type.

All in all, this hotel met my expectations. I would definitely stay there again, and would recommend it to a friend or business associate.

Green Features: They have large soap/shampoo bottles in the showers so they don't have to throw away so many small shampoo/conditioner bottles. You can hang your towels, so they don't replace them everyday.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at The George, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thanks for the great review, TheMoonfish! We're glad you were able to stay with us. Let us know if you'll be around again. We'll even scramble for that extra star if you give us the chance.

Cheers,
Kiah (I'm a zebra myself--it takes all kinds!)

Dunstable, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

On our first trip to DC we were looking for somewhere central to stay and decided on the Hotel George.

First impressions of the hotel were great and it is very stylish, clearly alot of though has been put into the design and guest comfort.

The room was very spacious, and it overlook an alley and offices.

It is a great location for Capitol Hill and everything is only a stones throw away.

Whilst is didn't bother us the hotel clearly was full of corporate guests on business and this gave a very cold feel at times. It is the type of place that I would want to stay if I was away on business.

The staff were very helpful and I really wanted to give this place 5*'s however I was not blown away and also the hotel was very noisy, It was not other guests and appeared to be coming from the air conditioning which was loud in itself.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at The George, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for your honest review, KieHugh. We appreciate your sentiment and given our proximity to the Hill don't have much of a choice, but we'd love to welcome you back sometime when Congress is adjourned. We really do play as hard as we work!

Thanks again,

Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have stayed at Hotel George many times a year for more than 10 years because of the great location and extraordinary service but with the recent renovation to the guest rooms it's also a style setter. My work takes me to DC and staying here makes it a pleasure trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at The George, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
That last sentence, Elaine R! We're swooning. Of course compliments are nice but when you say something like that we know we've hit the mark. We look forward to seeing you for more of the same in the future!

DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I booked a room at the Hotel George for a special birthday night out. I mentioned the celebration and was greeted with a lovely bottle of wine and cookies to kick off my celebration. The room was clean, quiet, and spacious. I frequent the restaurant that services the hotel, Bistro Bis, and enjoyed my breakfast the next morning as I knew I would. All in all I'd recommend the hotel and restaurant for both business and pleasure trips as the staff is outstanding and accommodations are a step above most in DC.

Room Tip: I believe the hotel is undergoing a remodel- ask for a newer one.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
What a lovely review, Vlsmaher! Thank you for taking the time to compliment us so eloquently. I'm sure we'll see you at Bistro Bis again, but we hope to see you back here at The George as well.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The people at the hotel are not only knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly, they treat you like a friend right away. They go out their way to help you out, specifically Mr. Michael Love (aka Dr. Love) the Assistant Front Office Manager. He not only recommended the best restaurants and places to go in DC, he helped us out of a serious jam for our competition. He was a LIFE-SAVER for us. The other members of the front desk staff were just as friendly and helpful as well. Everyone was wonderful. Also the food at the Bistro Bis is amazing!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager on Duty at The George, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for the excellent review, Magslivs! Glad to be at your service, as ever. Let us know when you'll visit again!

Manager on Duty

Been to The George? Share your experiences!