“I'm here again because it's great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The George

Save Saved
You added The George to your Saves list
The George
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 E Street, NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Breakfast for $1!
Ranked #10 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Albany, New York
“I'm here again because it's great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The high quality is established at the front desk where Michael Love, Edgardo, and Johnny great each guest as though you are the one they were waiting for. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and well-equipped. The hot chocolate in the lobby this winter is delicious and really welcome coming in from a sleety grey afternoon. I stay here frequently and will continue to do so.

Stayed February 2013
GeorgeWashingtonDC, General Manager at The George, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
General Manager, Chris Cannon: Elaine R, thank you for coming back to The George for some more greatness! We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and business to Kimpton Hotels. I have a feeling we will get to provide you with another flawless stay in the near future ;-)

1,360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Korean first
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Living and working in DC, I often dine at the George's Bistro Bis (always a great experience) and attend various events at the George. But I never had a reason to stay until last weekend...and now I'm hooked and would recommend the George to the most discerning of business or personal travelers. It was a wonderful experience: easy reservation system; check-in staff completely prepared, efficient and friendly, but not obsequious; lobby quietly vibrant, centered on the complimentary wine-tasting; bellman delightful; room sparkling both to sight and scent; bed comfortable and linens luxurious; serious nod to green-building standards; check-out a breeze; room-rate a value for an exceptional experience. Dinner at Bistro Bis was perfect--the wine recommendation a spot-on match for the dinner; the people-watching fun. A super location. My only regret is that I didn't stay for a longer time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
General Manager, Chris Cannon: RetiredBoomer, I'm glad you had the opportunity to get a taste of The George's mojo :-) Now we gotta get you back for a longer stay, maybe in the upcoming months when we roll-out our summer campaign which will include our secret sangria! Thank you for your kind feedback and business, we hope to see you again in the near future.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I traveled to DC over the week of Valentine's Day. My husband and daughter joined me for my business trip to the Hill. Everyone at the George was very friendly and helpful. The room was always clean and the bedding/bed is divine! One of my favorite things about Kimpton's is the great wine (and hot toddies) hour every night. They even had decadent hot chocolate at 2pm everyday. Hot chocolate, dark chocolate chips, real whipped cream, cinnamon....very nice.
The food and service at their Cafe Bistro was superb. We were in a hurry to send our daughter off to the airport shuttle. Our breakfast was served to us just within the time it takes to cook the eggs . Amazing. We actually had time to sit and enjoy our coffee and the last half hour of our visit with our daughter. All was done with joy by the waiter. You can't get better than that!
I always get great, friendly service at Kimptons. They work hard to deliver "over the top" service to surpass my expectations...every time. thanks! Janice Lucero

Room Tip: Corner suite was nice and quiet. Very roomy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
General Manager, Chris Cannon: Janice L, WOW!! Thank you for recognizing our exceptional guest service. I'm stoked to hear that we not only met but surpassed your expectations at every turn. From superior service - to hot toddies when needed most, these are just a couple of the rabbits we can pull out the hat. Please come see us again soon for some more of The George's magic! Thank you for your business.
chico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wonderful to walk out of Union Station, see Capital Building and walk to nearby hotel! Hotel staff was so friendly and helpful, from checking us in to taking care of our luggage. Hotel has bustling restaurant/bar, which we didn't patronize, but was very hip and looked good. Lobby was on smaller side, but was beautifully decorated and served its purpose. My daughter had homework to do, and there was a lovely sitting room off of lobby, that was private and quiet, where she could study for a while and relax. Not sure what exact purpose of room was, but it was beautiful and she enjoyed quiet time.
Room was gorgeous, updated, modern, with wonderful toiletries. Free internet access, which is a must. Room was very tidy and comfy. Mattress was great, as was bedding and towels. Everything felt clean and smelled good.
Would most definitely stay again next time in DC. Very close to capital, long walk to White House, so probably a taxi unless you are a walker. Neighborhood felt safe. Starbucks on nearby corner. Hotel graciously stored our luggage and purposes for the day, as we visited White House and couldn't' take purses or bags with us. We picked them up prior to jumping on our train back to Baltimore...was seamless.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
General Manager, Chris Cannon: maryChico, thank you very much for your business and awesome review! I'm glad we created a pleasant and comfortable stay at all angles during your recent trip to The George. Please come see us again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The staff is second to none: Edgardo Padilly and Michael Love took care of me like we were dear friends. They remembered me and my friend each time we entered and exited the hotel. I came down with a cold during my stay. When I asked for hot tea, Edgardo sent a few oranges, tea, and honey to my room within 10 minutes. He and the rest of the team continued to ask about my heath throughout the trip. I asked Edgardo if he had any more oranges, not realizing he was on the way out, and he sent some to my room. The hotel staff members were gracious and charming. They should train other hotel staff members.

The rooms were bigger than expected considering the hotel is located in Washington, DC. I also loved the layout. There was a sitting area with ottoman, large desk, and awesome shower.

You must attend the happy hour at least once. The hot toddy was soothing on a cold winter day.

If you stay at a Kimpton property, I suggest you sign up for Kimpton rewards because free in-room internet is a benefit of the program. You also get emails about promotions. I secured this room for $99/night via their winter promotion when the standard rate was more than double the amount.

The only downfall, which may be a benefit for others, is the location (relative to other attractions). Union Station and other restaurants/stores are four to six blocks away instead of on the same block or closer proximity. Limited cab traffic comes by the hotel because it's not on the 'main drag'. However, the staff is happy to hail a cab for you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GeorgeWashingtonDC, General Manager at The George, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
General Manager, Chris Cannon: fortitude8, I'm glad you were able to experience my Dream Team in action first hand. From oranges to tea & honey, we got you covered! Please come visit us again soon for some good ol' fashion awesomeness. Thank you for your kind feedback and business.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I frequent DC for work and usually stay in a Kimpton in Dupont Circle, however, this time had to stay near Capitol Hill so stayed at the George. As usual Kimpton, did not dissapoint! The staff was amazing as usual- very welcoming and when I asked for a quiet room on a high floor they obliged warmly. Hotel George has wonderful rooms with room for stretching out on the couch and large, well kept bathrooms.The bed was comfortable -which has been my experience in kimpton hotels, hot stiff hotel beds - and down bedding. As usualy, had a great stay at Kimpton!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
General Manager, Chris Cannon: ellagrace8, we take great pride in honoring our guest's preferences and requests - so I am very happy to read that we were able to make you most comfortable during your stay here at The George. Please come join us again soon and we will be sure to continue the amazement!
Hastings on Hudson, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Hotel George is wonderful. My husband and I love to stay here when we visit DC. On our last trip we had so much fun biking around DC (with bikes provided by The George!) and every afternoon we returned to Michael's amazing Sangria! Everyone at Hotel George is very friendly and helpful. The location is great, the accommodations are clean and lovely. We look forward to many stays at the Hotel George.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
General Manager, Chris Cannon: Linda Ty E, thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback on your recent stay here at The George. If you thought the sangria was good, then you gotta come try some of our soul-soothing Hot Totties. Thank you for your business!

Been to The George? Share your experiences!