“Great Stay. Excellent Staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The George

You added The George to your Saves list
The George
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 E Street, NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Valet Parking
Ranked #12 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Stay. Excellent Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I'm a frequent traveler to DC and I've stayed at all of the wonderful Kimpton properties. I recently had to stay in town unexpectedly on a night where all of the hotels in town were sold out. I went to the George to try my luck even though I didn't have a reservation. I was thrilled to be greeted by Bria and Johnny who went above and beyond to make sure I wasn't homeless for the evening. I'm a Kimpton loyalist because I love their properties but more importantly because the staff does all they can to make sure you feel at home. Bria and Johnny confirmed for me that with Kimpton, loyalty is mutual. It was a great stay after a stressful day. Thanks for welcoming me home and making the Inner Circle live up to it's promise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager at The George, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: AlphaMale06, thank you so much for the great review and the shout-out to Bria and Johnny! They were thrilled to make your stay. Thank you once again for your loyalty with Kimpton Hotels and gracing us with your Inner Circle presence! We look forward to your future stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Korean first
Stamford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

the location is great. Taking the Acela to Union and walking just a few blocks is great.
I arrived at just the right time -- hand me a free glass of wine at arrival and it makes me smile.
the room is tiny, the hotel has renovations ongoing (wish I had seen that before I booked).
It feels like the room needs a good cleaning.

however, I feel guilty...ok, here goes.....I have to tell you....I ordered room service and had the best meal in years. I want to order another one, is that horrible? I had salmon normande. really amazing meal. nice glass of white. lots of water. I won't even complain that it was over $50.

ok, a little embarrassed, but wow. come for the food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Front Office Manager at The George, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: kmpayea, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the current elevator improvement project. We are looking forward to having it completed in the next couple of weeks. Thank for taking the time to share your feedback, and for your business to Hotel George.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I discovered the George during a business visit to Dc in 2001. This has become my preferred business hotel, with pleasant, helpful, professional staff; a location well position for ease of access t the metro, the Capitol, great comfort and affordable rates.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: WallingfordJ, thank you for choosing Hotel George when staying in DC for business. We hope to welcome you back for many more perfect stays.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My stay at the Hotel George was my first at a Kimpton property, and it lived up to my (admittedly high) expectations. The room was spacious and much larger than I expected, and the hotel staff was outstanding. They were helpful during check-in and check-out and in between and went above and beyond to make sure that my requests and previously indicated preferences were met; Jazmin was particularly wonderful. My impression that customer service is Kimpton's primary concern was definitely confirmed during this stay! The hotel location is incredibly convenient, less than a 5 minute walk from Union Station and the Capitol Building. I had meetings throughout the city and was able to walk or take public transportation to all of them. My room faced north and overlooked a handful of office buildings; while it wasn't a spectacular view, it was perfectly adequate, and I appreciated the quiet. There were one to two things that weren't up to the standard of the rest of the hotel (i.e. a shower door that would not close completely), but overall I found that the property, location, and, most particularly, the staff met or exceeded the expectations that I had for the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north of the hotel are likely quieter, as they overlook office buildings rather than th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Front Office Manager at The George, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: LaurenandRyan, first and foremost thank you so much for giving us a shot as your first Kimpton experience. We are all very happy to read that we lived up to your expectations! We strive for guest service excellence, so it really made our day to see we accomplished our goal in regards to your great stay. I would also like to thank you for recognizing Jasmin's exceptional guest service skills, we are very proud to have her on the team. Please come visit us again soon!
Hickory, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My family and I stayed at Hotel George Oct 6-11. We had an excellent trip highlighted by our superior accomodations. To my understanding, rooms in the DC area are not very large. The rooms at the George are quite roomy with a very nice size bathroom(separate bath and shower is a nice touch) We had a queen/queen room and my parents had a king right next to us. The rooms were very clean with exceptional maid service. Before our trip, I contacted Hotel George with a few questions. I heard back immediately from a lovely concierge, Edgardo P. He answered all my questions and honored my requests for side by side rooms on the best floor. When we arrived, he called my room to welcome us and offered his assistance with anything we needed. He continued to be an asset throughout the whole trip, and even left delicious cookies for us in our room to welcome us back at night on more than one occasion.
The hotel itself is located right around the corner from The Capitol and union station so food was easy to come by. Try the corner bakery for breakfast! (Delicious and fast) The hotel lobby is small but lovely. Didn't try the restaurant, but heard it is wonderful.
Will definitely stay at the Hotel George again if visiting the area!

Room Tip: 7th floor rooms facing E street are great!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: mac8906, WOW...I can't agree with you anymore, we are super lucky to have Edgardo on our team! We hope to see you again soon for another stay of excellence here at The George.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The George is a nice and fun boutique hotel. My room was quite nice: It was fairly large, had a nice and large bathroom, and had the usual Kimpton touchs(eg, leopard bathrobes). My room service meal was unusually good. The staff was attentive and friendly too.

One tip: go online to join the Kimpton Loyalty Program prior to checking in. By doing so, you will revive free Internet plus $10 worth of minibar items.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: Mark P, sounds like an all-around excellent stay. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your visit here at The George. We hope to welcome you back very soon! Thank you for your business.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My sister and I were greeted by 2 very friendly and helpful people at the front desk- Edgardo and Jennifer. They were able to help us with an earlier check in which made things much easier for us. The room was very attractive - lots of counter space in the bathroom for two women. The restaurant was excellent- probably the best lamb shank I ever had in my life! I don't travel to DC often, but if I ever go again, I will try to stay at the Hotel George.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Front Office Manager, Michael Robinson: WendyLouNewYork, thank you so much for the shout-out in regards to Edgardo & Jennifer's exceptional guest service skills. We are very proud and lucky to have them on Team George. Please come visit us again soon for another wonderful stay!

Been to The George? Share your experiences!