“Will stay here again without any doubt.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The George

You added The George to your Saves list
The George
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 E Street, NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Valet Parking
Ranked #12 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
frederick, maryland
“Will stay here again without any doubt.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

One of the best. There wasnt anything
about this hotel I could complain about except the price of the parking. Looking forward to our next visit. This time we will make a long weekend out of it. A+++ Very very welcoming to our dog and us the service, staff is TOP NOTCH :) EXCELLENT PEOPLE SKILLS

• Stayed September 2012
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager at The George, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: phut424, thank you for the TOP NOTCH review!! We too are looking forward to your next stay here with us!! Oh and don’t forget to bring the four-legged friend!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at three different hotels while visiting D.C. Oct 1-4th, 2012. I booked my hotels on hotwire and was hoping for the chance to stay at Hotel George (because of tripadvisor reviews). Compared to the other hotels I stayed at, Hotel George was amazing. By the way the other hotels were Capital Hilton & Westin City Center D.C. While the other hotels were big and beautiful, Hotel George provided exceptional accommodations during my stay. They have a program where you can borrow or keep things you forgot, such as tooth brushes, tooth paste, hairspray, mouthwash, contact solution, flat iron, curling iron, etc. I thought that was amazing. I asked for a couple items and they sent up a bag full of goodies. I only wish I had that at Westin where I had to purchase contact solution for $10.00 (I forgot to pack it). Additionally, Hotel George has wonderful staff. When I arrived I was very stressed out after attempting to drive in D.C. The employees at Hotel George made me feel very welcomed. I truly love this hotel. Oh, I forgot to mention the manager is great. Food is amazing! Try the Bistro out if you have the chance. Rooms are great, too. I love everything about this hotel; I could go on & on. Just book a room and find out for yourself! I know, I should probably be on their commercial for this review… but I just really recommend it!

Room Tip: Valet Parking is around $40 per night. If you can prevent driving, do so!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager at The George, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: Ghmjones, thank you so much for the 5 star review!! Believe me, you're not alone... Driving in DC can be very, very stressful and I am soo happy to see that we were able to take care of you! Oh and yes… When we have commercials for Hotel George, you will be the first to know! Please come back and visit us again soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I booked a stay at the hotel George. I was traveling on business but my 2 years old and husband were with me as they were going to sightsee in DC for a few days. This location was perfect for everything I needed to do, I could take the metro, circulator and the hotel is 2 blocks from Union Station. My husband and son could walk almost everywhere from the hotel.

Since I started traveling with my son in addition to my normal criteria I also rate hotels on how they treat my child. We arrived at the hotel at 7pm, after the complementary wine hour, but the front desk asked us if we wanted wine upon arrival, and my husband had a glass of white wine while we were being checked into the hotel. The desk clerk also presented my son with a bag of toys, which were a big hit. We also received free internet access and a $10 mini bar credit because we are Kimpton loyalty message. I must have misunderstood the Kimpton website about the free breakfast as this hotel did not have the complimentary breakfast as listed on the site. However, there is a café (The West Wing Café) that has a good selection of breakfast items and is very reasonable.

The room was adequate there was nothing wrong with the room, but I agree with the reviews that they could use a slight remodel. The staff was fantastic and we had a wonderful meal at the hotel restaurant (Bistro Bis) which is one of the best restaurants in DC.

Overall, we had a lovely stay at the Hotel George and the staff was terrific.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: JFSD, thank you for the lovely review! We like to ensure everyone feels welcome at our hotel, especially the little ones! We are so happy we were able to provide such a great stay for you and your family! We hope to welcome you back very soon!
Aiken, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The staff of Hotel George were extremely friendly and welcoming to myself and my dogs. The hotel allows any size, any number of dogs and no deposit. Sign the contract that says you understand the rules and you're good to go. The hotel is experiencing renovations and while the hallways are a bit shabby looking the rooms are nice and clean. Two bowls and a dog bed and dog treats awaited my three dogs when I got into the room and all the staff were very accomodating to us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager at The George, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: Meg F, thank you for the wonderful review! Of course being a pet-friendly hotel, we looove welcoming our four-legged friends!! Please come back and visit again soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is my new favorite place to stay while in D.C. I ended up staying here for 2 nights with my now finance, we got engaged over the weekend! Couldn't be more pleased with our visit. The staff was incredible, the room was very comfortable - and all for a great price! Highly highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: George k, Congratulations on your engagement!! Wishing you all the very best for the future and we hope it’s filled with lots of joy, happiness and many Kimpton visits! Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to your future stay!
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here for work several weeks ago. The people who work here are terrific. Had a long chat with several of the people working at the desk during a wine hour, and they were charming and personable. Remembered me by name the next few days, and made me feel like I was with friends and family. Johnny's smile and greetings made it a pleasure to "come home" from work. Fabulous restaurant next door - Bistro Bis. Lovely room. Great location within walking distance of Union Station. Would stay here all the time if I could get good enough room rates!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: vh1130, thank you for the fantastic review and the shout out to Mr Johnny! We are very happy to see that we were able to provide a “come home” experience! Hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I always stay at the George when I can. I like it so much that I pay the difference between it and the price my employer will cover when I can't get a special rate. The rooms are lovely, and if you join Kimpton's in touch program, you get free internet and a $10 credit for the minibar every time you come. The rooms fronting E street are the nicest. And the hotel restaurant - Bistro Bis - has lovely, if a bit pricey, breakfasts.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GeorgeWashingtonDC, Manager at The George, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Assistant Front Office Manager, Patrick Donovan: Sofiastayshome, all I can say is “WOW”. Thank you for not only giving us two great reviews, but also being our 500th “Excellent” reviewer!! We are thrilled to see that we were able to provide an excellent stay for you once again. Please, feel free to contact me directly at the Hotel for your upcoming stay(s). Hope to see you again very soon!

Been to The George? Share your experiences!