“Casual hip with good food at equally good prices.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Commissary

Commissary
1443 P St NW, Washington DC, DC 20005-1907 (Logan Circle/ Shaw)
202-299-0018
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Commissary is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 2,623 restaurants in Washington DC
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Cross street: Between 14th & 15th
Transit: From Dupont Circle: Walk 5 blocks east on P St. Commissary in on P St. between 15h and 14th. From U Street/Cardozo: Walk 6 blocks south on 13th St. Take a right and walk one and a half blocks west on P St. Commissary is on P St. between 14th and 15th. From McPherson Sqaure: Walk 7 blocks north on 14th St. Take a left on P St.
NY
“Casual hip with good food at equally good prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

During our three days in DC this restaurant was the most enjoyable and best value for our family of four. The kids split a mozerla basil pizza, the wife had the chili, and I had the brats with potato pancakes. All were very good. We'd definitely go back. The BK menu looked very good too.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Zug, Switzerland
“If You Are Not A Regular Do Not Bother Going In”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Decided to stop by as a walk in for dinner. When we entered there was a line and we were not the first and not the last. The two couples in front were asked if they had reservation and they did not but were seated.

When it came to us, we were asked if we had reservations which we did not we were told it was a 20 minute wait. As we were leaving, the couple behind us were asked if they had a reservation which they did not. But you could tell they were regulars and were seated right away.

To add insult to injury, the restaurant was not full. Commissary must think that they are something special. Well, they will not get our business again.

Visited March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Comfort Food in Hipster Neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went to this place for an early dinner after catching a play at Studio Theater. It’s very close to a trendy area of 14th Street. I prefer Commissary to its sister restaurant down the street, Logan Tavern, and it did not disappoint. I ordered the pulled chicken quesadilla, which was just the right size for me and appropriately filling. I also had a side of spinach. My dinner companions all enjoyed their food, and one friend’s pizza looked particularly delicious. I had the brownie sundae for dessert, and there was plenty to share with my friends. Another friend shared the chocolate and peanut butter mousse pie with the table. It was super delicious, but very rich—perfect for sharing. My biggest issue was that the tables were placed very close together. I found it impossible to get in and out without skimming the adjacent table and overheard more of other diners’ conversations than I would have liked.

Visited February 2013
“What a fantastic brunch venue!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Sunday am. - was packed with a great vibe. Meals were terrific - fresh and tasty. If in DC again will definitely seek it out

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I recommend this place, reasonable price for Washington DC. Good service and good gourment american food.

Visited March 2013