“Great DC Gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aaron Shipman House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
Aaron Shipman House Bed and Breakfast
13th and Q Street NW, Logan Circle, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Upper Northwest)   |
Melbourne, Florida
“Great DC Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I am in DC 1-2 times per year and always stay at the Aaron Shipman House whenever I can. If I had my way I would never stay in a DC hotel again- this place is a winner. Unfortunately my travels keep me away from what I hear are enjoyable communal breakfasts as I usually need to leave for an early morning meeting.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
brisbane australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Aaron Shipman House for 4 nights in Sept 2010. Though initially booked into another B&B we had a last minute cancellation by those owners who arranged our saty at Aaron Shipman instead. We were thrilled when we saw it. The bed was wonderful, the bedroom spacious and comfortable. The house itself is beautifully preserved and decorated - quite a labour of love from its previous appearance 25 years ago. We enjoyed relaxing on the lovely verandah overlooking the garden. The breakfasts were a highlight with Jackie and Charles gracious hosts. Our only disappointment was that we had to miss 2 breakfasts because of early morning committments though provisions were left for us to help ourselves. It felt like staying with friends. The house is close to public transport, lots of good restaurants and a supermarket. Its even close enough to walk to the city centre for those who enjoy a good walk. Would love to come back to the wonderful hospitality at Aaron Shipman House.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

This bed and breakfast was lovely to stay in while visiting Washington DC. It was clean and the room I stayed in (room 7) was very comfortable. The hosts were very kind and nothing was too much trouble. A delicious breakfast was provided every day with the hosts and all guests eating together. The bed and breakfast was close to bus stops but you can also walk (about 20-25mins) into the tourist area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

We stayed with them for 4 nights and had a very pleasant time. Jackie and Charles were very helpful. For example, they pointed out that we could travel much faster if we used the bus system.

The house is very interesting with many historical pieces. The rooms were comfortable. It was almost like staying with friends. We could store some wine or beer in one of the fridges and have a drink in the living room or the porch at night.

The highlight, in many ways, was the breakfast. The food was good but I enjoyed the conversation almost as much since it was lively and informative. A great way to start the day in DC.

The location was very convenient for visiting the standard places in DC. Just take the bus
and you will be in the mall fairly fast. There is a site on the web that can tell you the bus to take from 14 & P to whatever spot you want.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights and were very impressed with all aspects of our stay. we were made very welcome and had the run of house. The breakfast was very good and was changed every day.We would love to return one day.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Nasik
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

I can't ever forget my lovely stay at this beautiful B&B among such loving hosts!! The place is well-located and is very safe! It is very well-kept, beautiful and cozy as well. The room I stayed in was cozy, very comfortable and convenient. The hosts, Jackie and Charles are one of the most wonderful and warm people I have come across! I never felt like an outsider during my stay. There was always plenty of help/guidance whenever requested. I was also allowed to use the kitchen for my morning hot water-honey-lime ritual while Jackie was best trying to make me feel at home! The best part was when they invited me to join them and their grand-daughters for dessert one of the evenings and I had a great time with all of them! And ofcourse, how can one not mention the lip-smacking hot breakfast served in style!! Dear Jackie and Charles, I LOVED staying at Aaron Shipman House and loved you both!!! Thanks for being such wonderful hosts!! God bless you!!
Lots of Love,
Vasundhara.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Horsham, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I thought this would be a unique alternative for my six year old's first trip to DC. The location was great. Only 4 blocks to the metro and then only 4 stops to get downtown. Also a good location if you are driving. You can easily drive downtown. There were plenty of nice restaurants in the area as well. The common areas were very comfortable. Lots of antiques. The grounds were gorgeous and very inviting. Lots of tables and seating to enjoy a glass of wine in the gardens. The breakfasts were AMAZING! and the warm cookies in the lobby were a special treat. And after spending a day walking...the beds were comfy and the shower was great. Charles, Jackie, and Grace really made you feel like family. It felt like a weekend visit to Grandma's. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Aaron Shipman House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!