“Another great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aaron Shipman House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
Aaron Shipman House Bed and Breakfast
13th and Q Street NW, Logan Circle, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Upper Northwest)   |
Ranked #9 of 49 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Florida
“Another great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Aaron Shipman House more than 20 times in the last 18 years. When in DC I don't stay anywhere else... unless the house is fully booked. The House is close to the U Street metro station (~10 min. walk) which is good for those flying into Reagan. The House is also close to Dupont Circle (~10 min. walk). There are lots restaurants and things to do within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed with Jackie and Charles many times over the last 6 years. The first time I stayed there I was impressed with the beautiful architecture of the home and the attention to detail the owners gave to each room. I am always greeted with a smile and the staff is very accommodating. The breakfasts are delicious and eating together at the same time is a great way to meet other guests. I have also learned about interesting places to visit in DC from both the guests and Jackie and Charles. It is evident that Jackie and Charles take great care to ensure their guests have the best experience in DC and "live" there during the visit as a local. For a fabulous visit to DC stay with Jackie and Charles!

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Once or twice in my lifetime have there been accommodation experiences that will remain with me forever. Our recent stay with Jackie and Charles was one of those.

It is rare in my experience that a stay in another city is embraced by a business whose foundation is built on truly caring about its customers. Aaron Shipman is one such business.

I only hope that they will continue long enough for us to return and enjoy their hospitality again (even though after so many years of beautifully hosting guests in DC they truly deserve a golden retirement).

Thank you Jackie and Charles!

Room Tip: Enter front door and trust. You are in good hands.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We've been staying with Jackie and Charles regularly for several years now and wouldn't think of going anywhere else when in DC. Breakfast is always great (and contrary to another review, the owners are perfectly willing to arrange for something early or late "on the go", but you'll miss the family atmosphere around the breakfast table.

Parking might be limited at times, but always available if you book it in advance (Logan Circle is a residential neighborhood and if you bring a car with you, you'll appreciate parking off street).

The home and the rooms are beautiful.

The hosts will do anything to make you feel at home, and their decades in DC make them experts in what to do and how to get around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have thoroughly enjoyed my stays at the Shipman House for many years. While I am usually in town for business, this time I had the pleasure of taking my daughter on a holiday getaway. I love the way Jackie & Charles are such genuinely kindhearted hosts& always prepared to accommodate various situations. (my daughter is vegetarian) I can't say enough about the breakfast, not your “run of the mill”. Plenty of fresh fruit, yogurt, breads, & the oh,so yummy egg dishes or french toast! The rooms are always clean & comfortable. But the real bonus this trip was the BEAUTIFUL Christmas decorations. Really revved up our holiday spirit! We are planning to make the Shipman House an annual holiday trip,and would recommend this as a “must stay” for anyone! This B&B is an attraction in itself. From the beautiful wood work inside to the garden patio area outside. Thanks for a wonderful visit. See you in February!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I recently had business in Washington DC and a friend recommended I stay at Aaron Shipman House. I'm so glad I took her advice! After long days of meetings and business dinners, going to this home instead of a hotel was so comforting. Almost like going home. The house is beautiful. Holiday decorations adorned all of the common spaces - - absolutely gorgeous! Fresh cookies greeted me at the door. The room was immaculately cleaned and comfortable. My hosts, Jackie and Charles Reed, were very welcoming and pleasant. Eggs benedict for breakfast one day -- what an unexpected treat!

I will absolutely stay at this wonderful home the next time I am in Washington, and I wholeheartedly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Although the location was fine, the room was rather cold. Grandchildren's noise could be heard until midnight. Breakfast was only served at 8:00 with no flexibility. It was a very poor quality breakfast compared to other B & B 's we had stayed at. Although we were told to park inside, every night we arrived there was another guest's car inside, and we had to park outside. The bathroom's tap pressure was very low (in room two). In our opinion this was not a high quality bed and breakfast comparing to the many other B&Bs we have stayed in. Probably we will stay at a hotel for our next visit instead.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Aaron Shipman House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!