“Great Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Dupont South

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
The Inn at Dupont South
You added The Inn at Dupont South to your Saves list
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1312 19th St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #25 of 35 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Burlington, Connecticut
“Great Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2008

I go to DC a lot for business and I stay at the Inn at Dupont Circle every time -- it is truly my home away from home. The Inn beats any large hotel for style, hospitality and location. I've stayed in several different rooms all of which were beautifully furnished and comfortable.

The breakfast can't be beat! And if you need to leave early in the morning before the innkeeper arrives there are other options (cereal oatmeal, etc.) They also leave a dessert for guests in the late afternoon/evenings with ice tea, which is a nice touch.

The location is fantastic. the metro is just a short walk away and there are many restaurants with various cuisine within walking distance. There is also a great cafe and book shop directly across the street.

The Innkeeper and the staff are all welcoming, curtious and efficient. The Inn is always clean and inviting. I've stayed in many different hotels across the city, and this Inn beats them all.

• Liked — My room - very comfortable and cozy
  • Disliked — In some rooms, the heating can get too hot
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank 13Narya

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2008

The location was perfect for either walking or catching the metro all over the city, and the comfort and hospitality could not be faulted. We stayed in the lovely Renoir room, which was ideal (although the original heating system was so effective that we had to keep our window open all night, despite sub-zero temperatures outside!) This had for us just the right blend of service, (with rooms tidied every day,and excellent brekafasts as well as afternoon coffee and cake), and privacy, with the place largely to ourselves after-hours. We couldnn't imagine a better place for a DC break.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

We just got back from a weekend in DC. My husband was there for a medical conference and since I was tagging along we really wanted to find a cozier place to stay than an impersonal chain hotel. I had read the TripAdvisor reviews and they were all so great. The pictures looked fabulous. I emailed the inn to ask some questions and the innkeeper, Carolyn, replied with such friendliness. I finally called directly to book the only room they had left available which was at their T street location. From the website (www.thedupontcollection.com) you can view all 3 of their inn locations and the rooms at each. We had such a great time! We were arriving after hours and there was someone waiting there for us to come. He showed us in while we waited for the owner to show up and take us to where we could park. We received a fresh, hot cooked breakfast each morning (we stayed 3 nights) and the hostess there each day was so friendly. It was so nice and personal. It was like being a guest in someone's home. We had our room heater break, and they had it fixed that same day by the time we returned to our room. We definitely recommend this inn!

• Liked — the personal attention and cozy atmosphere
  • Disliked — wood floors are a bit noisy when walked on
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank mdezmann
New jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

Well first of all I had no intentions in staying at a Bed and breakfast I always stayed at a major hotel chain but this time the hotel I wanted to stay at was booked up so I found this Hotel inn [--] via the search engines. I Called it directly and made reservations for my yearly conference. When I got there the rooms were amazing, from the bathroom, to the the bed, it really had a good vibe to it. it was like I rented out an apartment or something. it was close to all the places I wanted to visit, like the Whitehouse, Adams Morgan, Dupont circle and Georgetown. They had a limousine service called Silverline which picked up from the airport brought me to the Inn. I definitely plan to stay there again when I come to Washington D.C

• Liked — the look of the rooms, location and good breakfast
  • Disliked — no wake up call and dinner
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank musicbrains
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2007

What a great find, in the heart of DC. The inn keeper was very enthusiastic, friendly and accommodating. We felt right at home. Stayed in a top floor room with shared bath. Beautifully decorated and great AC system to keep it cool. Iced tea and snacks available. So convenient to public transit. We took the Metro all over. Was a little further of a walk from the Capital Mall but, all in all, we couldn't have asked for more!

• Liked — The location and the staff
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2007

This is a great inn, within walking distance from all the major sights - Lincoln Memorial, White House, Capitol... blah blah blah. If you're up for a walk, stay here. Good luck getting a cab, though. The Inn was really sweet and clean, and they were waiting for me with bated breath when I arrived late without notice. I'll definitely stay again - it's a great value for the area. Much cheaper than any big box hotel. Highest recommendations.

• Liked — It's proximity to the sights, and to Kaz Sushi - Yum!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2006

Our stay at the Inn at Dupont Circle was the best we have ever experienced at a Bed and Breakfast. Our room was large and comfortable and wonderfully decorated! We felt instantly at home! The staff at the Inn are wonderful, considerate and caring. They take such terrific care of you! One of the ladies even brought a coat from home for a guest to use during her stay. She hadn't brought one with her and it was somewhat chilly! The breakfast was outstanding with a selection of cereals, fruits, cheese and meats, bagels and, (Hallelujah!) freshly baked bread each morning! Freshly brewed coffee, teas and fruit juices! Once you have settled with your "appetizers", out comes the chef with your choice of omelets and pancakes! To Die For!

The Inn is a very short walk away from the Dupont Circle Metro station so sight seeing is a breeze! It was so wonderful to come up out of the station after the end of a day of sightseeing and see the front door of the Inn welcoming us home.

I cannot say enough good things about the staff and the Inn and plan to make it our Home away from Home when we are in D.C. again. And, for you Krispy Kreme lovers...there's one across the street, next to the Metro!

• Liked — Wonderful service and accommodations. Excellent room!
  • Disliked — I cannot think of anything negative about my stay at the Inn.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay at the Inn at Dupont Circle! Its a Home away from Home in Washington D.C.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple