“Cardoza Guest house Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cardozo Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington DC
Cardozo Guest House
You added Cardozo Guest House to your Saves list
13th and T. Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Capitol Hill)   |
Ranked #21 of 49 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Cardoza Guest house Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed at the Cardoza Guest House while visiting our son in Columbia Heights.
Great location to his place, the U Street stop on the Metro, restaurants.
The house is well maintained with an interesting African art collection.
It is our first experience at a DC B&B and we will certainly look forward to using this location again on our next visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at the Cardozo Guest House during August for 3 days. It is very reasonably priced and secure.

It is located right next to U Street Station, making it easy to get round the city - alternatively you can walk almost anywhere.

The lack of breakfast is not a worry, there are many cafes and food outlets along U Street that allow you to eat at your own convenience.

The room was perfect, and sharing the bathroom was not an issue.

When I return to D.C., will stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Cardozo Guest House is in a great location (just around the corner from the U Street metro station). A beautifully decorated home in a residential neighbourhood. There is free wifi in the living room and our room was very comfortable. The only tiny problem was that we were in the smallest room next to the bathroom, so sometimes the shower woke us up in the morning but we got right back to sleep. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed at the Cardozo Guest House for 3 nights while in town for an interview. The location was perfect for me because it was 2 blocks from the U Street Metro and I was already familiar with the area. The rooms and facilities are also very comfortable and well-kept. Sharing a bathroom was not a problem and I never had to wait. The only problem I had was that the walls are very thin and I had some noisy neighbors. If you are in town on business I recommend not booking the Hingham or Duxbury Suite as they share a wall. Other than that, I highly recommend this Guest House for anyone visiting DC!

Room Tip: The Duxbury and Hingham rooms share a wall and noisy neighbors can keep you up.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Shocked by pricing of hotels near the large institution I was to visit I searched for alternatives.
I came across "Bed and Breakfast DC (877-893-3233)") who helped steer me to the Cardozo. Kathy was very helpful suggesting restaurants close by and providing me with info on the Metro. She also briefed me on the conditions pertaining to the B+B which is actually sans Breakfast.

I took the plunge and for a shade over 300$ for three nights (cheaper than one night at a hotel) I was well satisfied with the accommodations. There were others in residence and I barely heard them. I was up first so never a problem with the shared bathroom. (One minor note, get better toilet paper pls as more in keeping with the genteel atmosphere.)

The locking of the doors is a tad complex but understandable, especially given the fine display of African statues. Nice touch is that they provide water in the fridge in the room and coffee too as well as tea. (Spring for some decaff too pls!) Wireless worked (password is on the board in the kitchen).

The room was comfortable and street noise not an issue. Since there is light from the street suggest taking a face mask. Take ear plugs too if you think you may be bothered by the neighbours. The B and B was within 5 minutes walk to the Metro and I felt safe at all times. It is a nice funky neighbourhood too.

Definitely the way to go if you want to save a pile of cash, but be comfortable too.

Would definitely return.

Room Tip: I was in the Hingham at the front of the house and liked it. Great value for a couple
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Lander, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We travel half the year. My favorite accommodation is a self-hosted guesthouse. The Cardoza Guesthouse, Adams Morgan neighborhood, Washington, DC is literally my favorite self-hosted guesthouse anywhere, and the standard by which I compare all other self-hosted guesthouses. We visit Washington, DC to visit our daughter & son-in-law, and for occasional policy and political work. I always stay at the Cardoza Guesthouse. The Cardoza is centrally located and convenient to all we do in Washington, DC. Public transportation is readily accessible. The Cardoza is on a beautiful section of T Street NW. The grounds and guesthouse are immaculately maintained. The main living areas of the guesthouse is a museum of African sculpture and masks that are worth seeing, even if you weren't staying there. The rooms are all delightful and quiet. Staying at the Cardoza is an excellent value. I have recommended the Cardoza Guesthouse to other visitors, who have loved the Cardoza as much as I do. Finally, the ownership and staff are wonderful.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed in the Pembroke Room for two nights sightseeing. It was great:

- Leafy quiet street, near U St Metro, and not too far to walk to the Mall if the weather's nice
- Room was spacious, clean, comfortable and stylish. Nice white linen, plenty of water
- Shared bathroom was always empty and clean (I may have just got lucky)
- WiFi is free and works well

Basically, I can't fault the place. For the price, it was a bargain.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Cardozo Guest House? Share your experiences!