“Surprising Find” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Art and Soul

Art and Soul
415 New Jersey Ave., NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)
202-393-7777
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Art and Soul is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 2,561 Restaurants in Washington DC
Transit: 2 Blocks from Union Station
Winter Park, Florida
“Surprising Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Liason hotel and decided to have dinner at Art and Soul one night mostly because we had missed out on reservations on a few other restaurants we wanted to try. We were extremely pleased with our meal at Art and Soul! We ordered the beer can cornbread (with bacon) and wish we had ordered two....so delicious! I ordered the shrimp and grits and was very happy with my selection; I ate every bite. My husband ordered the fried chicken and loved it as well. We both ordered dessert and had no complaints whatsoever! The atmosphere isn't great due mostly to the fact that it is connected to the hotel, but we enjoyed attentive service throughout our meal. We would definitely eat here again!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wishaw, United Kingdom
“Hefty price for not too much reward”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My wife and I were staying next door (at The Liaison) and having just arrived from NYC by train we opted for a simple start to our three days in Washington.

Seated quickly we were brought a glass of water and given the various menus.

We opted to start with a couple of cocktails pre-starter but were a little vexed to find the starters arriving before our cocktails or bottle of wine.

Anyway the starters were fine. I had the toasted maple ham and cheese and my wife had a salad.

I had the strip steak which came with creamed kale blue cheese butter and potatoes. My wife went for the scallops.

I think the steak could have done without the blue cheese butter to be honest and neither the potatoes or kale were anything spectacular. The scallops were lovely.

We split a marshmallow dessert.

The food was good without pulling up any trees and with the bill for starters, mains, one dessert, a couple of cocktails and a low end bottle of wine coming in at the thick end of $250 (with service) – we felt that we could have spent that sort of money (which for us is a lot) better elsewhere in DC.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Loveland, Colorado, United States
“Overabundance of yummy fried chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Love the food, but the portions were too much and the price was pretty steep. The 2-person fried chicken dinner included 2 thighs and 4 legs. Who needs that much? We ended up taking the untouched pieces to the homeless shelter since it seemed such a shame to waste them.

Visited March 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Don't Order the Shrimp & Grits”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I ordered the shrimp & grits from this place and it was disgusting. The grits were runny and the shrimp were mushy. When I returned to DC with my husband, he wanted to eat there, but I just could not get the thought of those mushy shrimp with their eyes looking at me out of my mind. So we went elsewhere...

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Southern Indulgence”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had the lunch special of fried chicken with mashed potato and sauteed greens. Not healthy in the least but it was certainly tasty! The mason jar of iced tea completed my Southern indulgence.

• Visited March 2014