“Worth a stay for its proximity!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

You added The St. Regis Washington, D.C. to your Saves list
The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   923 16th and K Streets, N.W., Washington DC, DC 20006 (Formerly Carlton Hotel) (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #22 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Orlando, Florida
“Worth a stay for its proximity!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed here only one night as we visited DC during a trip up the east coast. It was definitely not a cheap hotel by any means but we figured we had try it and pay up. The hotel is very close to the White House which was awesome, it is also well located so plus there. There is no pool at this property so if you're thinking this is a family hotel, think again. The hotel tailors more to diplomats and politicians it seems so it's very quiet. We were with our kids so we felt out of place, to some effect. The room was very nice and clean. The bathroom had a tv in it so that was a first for us, but definitely interesting. Would recommend this hotel more for adults more so than with children.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to your next visit.

Ammar Samad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Conveniently located between the Georgetown Circulator and the McPherson Square Metro Station, this hotel has a very friendly staff. Only minor negative is that shampoo/conditioner were only replenished once during my 3 night stay. Soaps and water were never restocked. I would probably stay here again if visiting both Georgetown and DC

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the St. Regis. I will check into the housekeeping issue you had. Please feel free to contact me to discuss this at your convenience.

We look forward to your next visit very soon.

Fairfax Station, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary here and I highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a classic luxury hotel. We were greeted very promptly by the staff. We were also surprise to find out that after dinner they sent chocolate cake with a bottle of wine to our suite congratulating us on our anniversary. Thank You St Regis

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
KSt20006, Director of Sales at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at the St Regis, Washington, DC. I will share your wonderful feedback with our catering and room staff.

Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I really love this hotel. It´s near to the White House 10 minutes walking. It´s expensive but it ´s a St Regis and above all room are very nice. We travelled with a baby and they helped us to purify the bottles. Washington is a great city and the St Regis is a very good option to stay.

But what i loved is another thing. My wife lost her iphone. We came back and the hotel security told us they didn´t find the phone. So we left Washington without the phone and later i received a message to my linkedin from the hotel security to know if i travelled with my family in this hotel. Of course i did. And I asked about my phone. They asked me some question about the phone, the stay etc and they told me that they send the phone where i am. Absolutely incredible,

I love this hotel, love the service. I have to back next week in washington and will stay definitively in this hotel. Thank you for your help

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
KSt20006, Director of Sales at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so happy that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel. Thank you for the wonderful feedback and I was glad we were able to get you your cellphone returned. We look forward to your future stays with us.

Norcross, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I would like to say that I am reviewing this hotel extremely late, but because of the experience that I received at the Atlanta location, I decided to give a review of my DC experience. I traveled to DC to experience the St. Regis and found it to be quite interesting. The decor was classy, the bar was nice, the check in was really easy.
I felt that the room that I had was over rated for the price, but I really enjoyed the bathroom. I enjoyed getting ready and watching TV in the restroom, sitting at the bar and just relaxing in the nice shower. The sleeping quarters in my opinion were nice, but I had experienced better.
I know that you pay for the high prices for service, but I needed ice and had to wait for it to be delivered and it did take quite some time. For the price, waiting on ice should have not been an option. (yes I am frugal, but I will treat myself sometimes.)
The location was great and my tour guide even provided some interesting facts regarding the hotel and its history.
Overall, the stay was like a piece of art, and part of the tour of DC. I felt important being dropped off of the tour bus to this historical place as the on lookers whimpered in admiration.
Maybe I will return again!

Room Tip: Try to search several sites for discounts. My stay was over a year ago, but it is still relevant sin...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I apologize for the issue you had waiting for ice and will look into that. I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel is very beautifully decorated and the staff was extrememly friendly. It is located very close to the White House, so it makes it a good place to stay that is in walking distance to many sites.

I think that some of the things I am going to say may have something to do with the fact that I stayed at a fabulous hotel the night before I was here, but there were a couple of let downs. This may seem small to some people, but it was hard to find any outlets in the room that were not in the bathroom and when you are traveling having all of your devices charged is important. Also, the hotel buffet breakfast was not great. For the price, I would have expected more variety, but it was slightly better than what you would get at a Holiday Inn Express.

There is another hotel in DC I would choose to stay in before here, but it is still an excellent hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit! I have passed along the feedback you provided to the appropriate individuals for follow-up. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Director of Rooms
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

If you are looking for a new, state of the art hotel, this is probably not going to be the hotel for you. When you walk in, it feels like you have gone back in time. Lots of wood, crystal and dark colors. Location was great, service was swift, room size was good, bed was great and bathroom was spacious and full of marble.

The elements are there for a top notch hotel, but then you notice some of the things that diminish the experience. Elevator doors squeaking and straining to close, TV in the mirror of the bathroom unwatchable because of static, electric outlets for desk hidden away behind drapes on the wall.

Nothing was a show stopper, but you probably want to check out the competition.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have addressed the elevator noise and TV reception issues you mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Thank you again for the valuable feedback as it certainly allows us to improve our service.

Warm Regards,

Director of Rooms

Been to The St. Regis Washington, D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

Location: United States > District of Columbia > Washington DC > Dupont Circle
#13 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#17 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#25 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
#27 Family Hotel in Washington DC
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:5 star — The St. Regis Washington, D.C. 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The St. Regis Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The St. Regis Washington, d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
St Regis Washington Dc
Washington Dc St Regis

If you own or manage The St. Regis Washington, D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.