“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

You added The St. Regis Washington, D.C. to your Saves list
The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   923 16th and K Streets, N.W., Washington DC, DC 20006 (Formerly Carlton Hotel) (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #20 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This was our second time staying at the st Regis, DC. It is very well located, as the mall, White House, Chinatown and more are a quick jaunt away.

The room was nice, the bathroom was spacious enough and the MirrorTV was a plus.

I booed through Amex FH&R, got the room upgrade, $100 credit for meals and fee breakfast.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

This is our DC hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review of your return stay at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service you received from our “very friendly and accommodating” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the city. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here for a multiple day conference in January 2014. All of the staff were very helpful, especially Lida the concierge. Rooms were clean and the restaurant was delicious (there are cheaper eating alternatives nearby, just ask the staff).

Room Tip: Recommend reserving a room facing the outside of the hotel (the inner facing rooms do not have a vie...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service you received from our “very helpful” staff and especially from Lida the concierge. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our “delicious” signature restaurant “Decanter” by Sebastien Rondier. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed here 3 nights last week. Everything from check in to Check out was awesome. Any request I had was handled by the staff. The bar and restaurant staff were great. You are a block away from the White House. Great place to start a walking tour.

Room Tip: Be a SPG Platinum member and get a great upgrade.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed everything about our property “from check in to check out.” I also appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Charles Town, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

What a delightful experience. The Front Desk thoughtfully found me the quiet room I was hoping for, and it was huge (825), and then facilitated a late check out to accommodate my travel schedule. They were wonderful and welcoming. The food was great and since my stay occurred during the snow storm I spent more time there then anticipated. And our meeting venue was changed to the St Regis at the last minute as well, because of the Government closure, without a hitch and with terrific service. Loved the twice a day maid service, the great big shower, nice amenities, convenience to the White House, fire place in the bar, soft sheets and fluffy pillows, and so much more. And the hotel is unique, not one of those anonymous could be anywhere monstrosities.

Room Tip: Talk with the Front Desk folks, they found me exactly what I wished for.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your “delightful experience” at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “huge,” “quiet room” and the service you received from members of our front desk team. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our housekeeping service, location, the quality of our amenities and the St. Regis Bar. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Zionsville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The St. Regis exceeded my exceptions. Their attention to detail and customer service was superb. If you go to the hotel, make sure to pop into the bar, which just cements how prefect this place is. Jane is excellent and bends over backwards to make sure her customers are happy! Everyone, from the front desk staff, to housekeeping, to the doormen all strive for excellence. Can't say enough good things. The location was wonderful for walking around and sight-seeing as well!Look forward to visiting again!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C. that “exceeded [your] expectations.” I appreciate your kind words regarding our doormen, housekeeping and front desk staff and the “attention to detail” and “customer service” that makes our property so unique. I am also glad that you enjoyed your visit to the St. Regis Bar and especially the service that you received from our “excellent” bartender Jane, who “bends over backwards to make sure her customers are happy!” I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The hotel is absolutely lovely and equally so is the service and staff. I stayed for business and thoroughly enjoyed the lobby and lobby bar, which are beautfiful spaces well-suited to socialize or work. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: External facing rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your experience at the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our lobby, lobby bar and the service that you received from members of our "lovely" staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation's capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The staff was simply unbelievable -- accommodating, friendly, and at your service. I am not a fan of gin, but the Capital Mary made at the lobby bar is excellent -- wonderful experience and highly recommend this hotel..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your experience at the “simply unbelievable” St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service you received from members of our “accommodating, friendly” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I am also glad that you enjoyed one of the signature cocktails at the St. Regis Bar, the “Capital Mary.” Did you know that the original Bloody Mary cocktail (called the “Red Snapper”) was invented at our sister property, the St. Regis New York? I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Director of Rooms

Been to The St. Regis Washington, D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

Location: United States > District of Columbia > Washington DC > Dupont Circle
#14 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#17 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#26 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
#30 Family Hotel in Washington DC
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:5 star — The St. Regis Washington, D.C. 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The St. Regis Washington, d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
St Regis Washington Dc
Washington Dc St Regis

If you own or manage The St. Regis Washington, D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.