“What a view!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

You added The St. Regis Washington, D.C. to your Saves list
The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   923 16th and K Streets, N.W., Washington DC, DC 20006 (Formerly Carlton Hotel) (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #20 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“What a view!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I came to stay at the St. Regis for a long weekend and had a great time. Given the name of the hotel and location, it was certainly very expensive but nevertheless a good time. The guest rooms are magnificent and very upscale. The staff is friendly, helpful and incredibly professional. I loved being one block from The White House!

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are a bit noisy, not sure what the backside of the hotel is like!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington D.C! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “magnificent and very upscale” guestroom. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our “friendly, helpful and incredibly professional” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the St. Regis in Washington, DC and have a spectacular stay. The location of thehotel could not be better as you are steps away from the White House and countless other attractions. We were treated to an upgraded room that featured a wonderful sitting area and an extremely large bathroom. The personal butler provided hot tea and coffee on the afternoon of our arrival. We had a terrific dinner at DeCanter with superb food and attentive servide. My wife enjoyed complimentary morning coffee in the lobby. The staff treated us like family and even surprised my wife with a special treat for her birthday. We will definitely be back as the St. Regis in DC is top notch in all respects!

Room Tip: 8th floor suites are terrific
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your “spectacular” review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your suite with a “wonderful sitting area” and “extremely large bathroom.” I also appreciate your kind words regarding your personal butler, “terrific” experience at our signature restaurant “Decanter” by Sebastien Rondier and our staff. I am glad that our “staff treated [you] like family,” especially on such a special occasion. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington D.C. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington D.C.

battle ground wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

5 STARS for location, service, staff friendliness, comfort.
We just returned from the St. Regis. Some hotels claim to be top notch. The St. Regis is a
class act, top quality hotel all the way. LOVELY.

Room Tip: 16TH AVE side has the better view. walk out the front door, look to your left and there is the wh...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of the St. Regis Washington D.C.! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “5 star,” “top quality,” “class act” hotel! I appreciate your kind words regarding our friendly staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington D.C. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington D.C.!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

This was the most incredible hotel stay I have ever had. It was only for one night (I was there for a wedding) but it was amazing. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is gorgeous- I didn't want to leave! I will definitely stay again and will recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a fabulous place to stay in DC. If you are ever presented with the opportunity to stay at the St Regis you should take it!

• Stayed September 2013
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that your stay at our property was “the most incredible hotel stay” you have ever had. I appreciate your kind words regarding our “friendly and helpful” service. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in our nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Charles Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived and James opened the car door, we felt relaxed. We are in the hospitality business as well and know all that goes on to make a wonderful stay happen. We appreciated the attentiveness of every staff member we interacted with during our visit. The check in process was simple and timely, the concierge was helpful with every detail and the food was extraordinary! They took special note to my pregnancy and adjusted the pre-fixe menu to accommodate "pregnancy needs". In addition to pairing my dinner with a non-alcoholic wine and cocktail so I did not feel left out for one second!

We highly recommend a stay and send our thanks to a staff that deserves to be noticed on many levels! It was an escape that was well needed and appreciated...thank you for making it happen.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “wonderful stay” at our property. I appreciate your kind words regarding our “the attentiveness of every staff member” and especially your experience with our doorman James, our concierge and the staff at our signature restaurant “Decanter.” We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in our nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Definitely my new favorite hotel in DC- warm, genuine, service makes you feel like a person not a 'number'. By contrast, the Park Hyatt is very 'sterile'. Rooms are good but the staff make the difference. Room service was also better than most.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay at your “new favorite hotel in DC.” I appreciate your kind words regarding our “warm, genuine” service that “makes you feel like a person and not a number.” We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in our nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

North Andover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations - hard to do for a St Regis. It is elegant but warm, the staff pleasant and helpful and the room luxurious but "homey".
We went back to the concierge often enough that we felt apologetic in asking so many questions. Each time the information was beyond sufficient and delved into useful tips that we didn't even think about. Of course there is the time-honored tradition of champagne at 6:00 where the bottle is sabered open and the wine flows. This is clearly one of the elite hotels in the capitol boasting of a perfect location just steps from the white house and easy walks from all the landmarks. The new renovation keeps the original beauty of the hotel and provides new accents that are delightful. Breakfast was terrific, the omelet and eggs benedict done to perfection

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your exceptional review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that your stay with us “exceeded your expectations.” I appreciate your kind words regarding our “pleasant and helpful” staff, our delicious breakfast in our signature restaurant “Decanter,” the brilliant St. Regis champagne sabering tradition, and your “elegant but warm” and “luxurious but homey” guestroom. Thank you, especially, for your positive feedback concerning our brilliant concierge team. I look forward to the best address in the nation’s capital, The St. Regis Washington DC.

Director of Rooms

Been to The St. Regis Washington, D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

Location: United States > District of Columbia > Washington DC > Dupont Circle
#14 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#17 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#26 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
#31 Family Hotel in Washington DC
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:5 star — The St. Regis Washington, D.C. 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The St. Regis Washington, d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
St Regis Washington Dc
Washington Dc St Regis

If you own or manage The St. Regis Washington, D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.