“first-class property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

You added The St. Regis Washington, D.C. to your Saves list
The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   923 16th and K Streets, N.W., Washington DC, DC 20006 (Formerly Carlton Hotel) (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #22 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Louisville, KY
“first-class property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

the washington st. regis is great hotel: lobby very classic, location hard to beat, bar and restaurants very comfortable, warm and enjoyable. the rooms are elegant and beautiful but a little tight. 5 minute walk to white house, 10 minutes to mall; convention center and georgetown are only a short cab ride away. hope to return soon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington, DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “classic” lobby, “hard to beat” location and “very comfortable” bar and restaurant. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We have enjoyed our stay immensely. We are avid SPG members and consider the St. Regis a step above the rest! The hotel has old world elegant charm yet a warmth and comfort for all ages. We traveled with our 10 year old and the hotel's Cultural Attaché contacted us before our trip and was able to execute the most glorious stay and experience. From touring city sights to culinary adventures, he scored the best of he best! The hotel is 2 blocks from the White House and an affordable and short bus ride into the charming city of Georgetown. We had the extreme pleasure of dining in the hotels fine restaurant Decanter and meeting the amazing Chef Rondier himself. The experience was a culinary delight and even with he many choices of dining in DC, we strongly recommend Decanter. The experience is a jewel to your palate. We will absolutely stay in The St. Regis DC again!!

Dear Valued SPG Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your “glorious” experience at the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you found our hotel to be a “step above the rest,” with its “old world elegant charm” and “warmth and comfort for all ages.” I am also glad to read about your incredible experience at our signature restaurant, Decanter, by the “amazing” Chef Sebastien Rondier. Thank you, also, for your kind words regarding Alex Gruhin, the St. Regis Washington DC’s Cultural Attaché, who “scored the best of the best” for your family. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington DC. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington DC!

Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Recently in Washington for a conference at National Harbour, for our last night we decided to see what we could find in downtown Washington for a change of scenery, and came upon a great rate for the St Regis. What a find. We absolutely loved it and felt pampered and welcomed every minute we were there. We even considered staying in for dinner and ordering room service we loved our surroundings so much, but we decided to take a walk to a great Italian restuarant, Siroc, nearby.

Upon returning to the hotel after dinner we were met by Jane from the St Regis bar off the lobby, and she invited us in. What a great end to the day. She made us feel so welcome, and her knowledge of whiskey and bourbons clearly illustrates how to embrace a career. A true professional.

It's hard to describe the room without gushing - from the velvet lined drawers in the mini bar for the glassware, to the Waterford crystal ice buckets, the television in the bathroom mirror, and the tub and shower, where to start there? Not one item was overlooked.

I'd consider myself lucky to have the chance to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you “felt pampered and welcomed every minute” you were here, especially in your guestroom with its “velvet lined drawers” and “television in the bathroom mirror.” I also appreciate your kind words regarding our knowledgeable bartender, Jane, in the spectacular new St. Regis Bar. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington DC. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We recently had the pleasure of spending 4 days at the St Regis. I was traveling with my 7 year old son. From our first encounter with the staff to our last encounter the service was amazing! I have done extensive traveling and even worked in the hotel industry myself so my expectations are very high. The St Regis surpassed my expectations. For a city hotel I felt the rooms were extremely clean and a great size. During our stay my son enjoyed a DC scavenger hunt that was given to him by the concierge. It was fabulous! It kept him motivated for days. I would highly recommend this hotel and we can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2013
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you and your seven year old son enjoyed our “fabulous” and unique “DC scavenger hunt” that “kept him motivated for days.” I am also very glad that you enjoyed our “extremely clean” rooms and our “amazing” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in our nation’s capital. I look forward to your return to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Alex,
It was truly a pleasure meeting you and various members of the staff at the St.Regis Washington DC. The hotel was an absolute delight. Our room was, not only comfortable but clean and included everything we could ask for in a hotel. The staff made us feel welcomed from the moment we arrived. Front desk and your concierge were very helpful regarding some of our site-seeing destinations. Staff always managed to assist us with our needs. Whether it was getting a cab, extra towels or even warm milk for our Max. Touches such as this made us feel very comfortable and welcomed.
Although a bit on the pricy side, we very much enjoyed our daily breakfast. The food was always prepared in a five star manner. And that was only breakfast, we are hoping to savor the flavors of your dinner menu.
Late afternoons were also a treat. Following a long, hot day it was pleasurable to return to the hotel, enjoy a cocktail and await the Champagne Saber toast. What a treat! Our little Max found it entertaining.
And to you Alex thank you for taking the time out on several occasions to "check" in with us and say hello. It was appreciated.
We are looking forward to returning in the near future due to the our interaction with staff, service and all around friendly environment at the St. Regis. A Five Star experience.
Karl, Marzie and Maxwell McDermott

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “comfortable” and “clean” room, “very helpful” concierge and “five star” breakfast in Decanter, our new, delicious restaurant. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our Cultural Attaché, Alex Gruhin. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington, DC. I look forward to your return to the best address in our nation’s capital.

san jacinto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the St Regis for the July 4th weekend, starting with the positive, this hotel is outstanding, gorgeous lobby, amazing customer service, the hotel bar and cocktails are impeccable. The rooms are a bit on the smaller side but, stunning and very comfortable with turn down service every night. The one and only down fall is the shower, the step to get into the shower/bath combination is way too high. I held on for dear life, when getting in and out. I hate to say it but, it’s almost dangerous.I am also a younger athletic woman, who doesn't have physical challenges; I could defiantly see that this could be a problem for a less limber person. I do not know if all rooms are this way, I was located in room 208. If not for the shower/bathtub combo i would have given it five stars..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review of our “outstanding” and “gorgeous” hotel. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “amazing customer service” and the “impeccable” cocktails served at the newly renovated St. Regis Bar. Our pre-prohibition cocktails are truly unique and delicious. I also appreciate your feedback regarding the shower/bath combination in your guestroom. The issue is being investigated and will be rectified in due course. Thank you very much for bringing it to my attention. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Hotel was very impressive, beautiful lobby with a fresh flower display every day. The employees at the front door, the check-in desk, the bellman, and housekeeping were all very pleasant and helpful. Our room was on the 4th floor, it was quiet, comfortable, well appointed, and clean.
The only two disappointments were the Wi-Fi service or lack of; and the restaurant staff at breakfast; these did not seem to equate to the excellent level of the other services.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our “very impressive” hotel. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “beautiful lobby” and your “quiet, comfortable, well appointed and clean” guestroom. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our “very pleasant and helpful” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington DC. Please also know that the issues you raised regarding breakfast and Wi-Fi service are being investigated and will be rectified in due course. Thank you very much for bringing them to my attention. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Director of Rooms

Been to The St. Regis Washington, D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

Location: United States > District of Columbia > Washington DC > Dupont Circle
#13 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#17 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#25 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
#27 Family Hotel in Washington DC
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:5 star — The St. Regis Washington, D.C. 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The St. Regis Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The St. Regis Washington, d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
St Regis Washington Dc
Washington Dc St Regis

If you own or manage The St. Regis Washington, D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.