“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

You added The St. Regis Washington, D.C. to your Saves list
The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   923 16th and K Streets, N.W., Washington DC, DC 20006 (Formerly Carlton Hotel) (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #20 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel June 7-9. Our room was #515 and overlooked the front entrance of the hotel. Check in was friendly and quick.The bellhop was very nice and efficiently put our bags away while orienting us to the layout of the room. On our first night, our flight was delayed and got us in to D.C. very late. Tired and hungry we decided to just stay in the room and order room service. 20 minutes later we were devouring a delicious turkey club and hamburger!

The room. A little on the rustic side, but the bathroom was relatively updated. TV in mirror was cool at first, but we never used it. Double sink vanity was nice. We had a nice shower with excellent water pressure and temperature control. My wife liked the hand held shower as well. There was no bathtub, but my wife and I never take baths. The room was quiet and had good climate control.

Each morning we ordered room service for breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed the delicious pancakes, eggs, and French toast that were delivered.

Service was very good at this hotel. All the staff smile and say hello to you.The bartender..forgot her name...short Asian(?) woman with short hair - she was excellent.

The business center is great, and the free bottles of water next to each computer were a nice touch.

I enjoyed the complimentary shoe shine service. Hung my shoes on the door at 1 am, woke up at 8 and they had been returned beautifully shined. I used the butler service once to fix a button on my pants. They did a great job and charged $14. My immigrant parents probably would have beat me if they knew I paid that much to have a button fixed.

There was a small but sufficient work out room in the basement. I believe hotel guests also have access to a nice gym across the street, but I never used it.

As for location, it is tough to beat. Like every other reviewer has mentioned, you are close to the White House and a comfortable walk to the Smithsonian.

This is the first St. Regis I have stayed at, so I can't compare with other St. Regis properties. However, I really enjoyed this hotel and would definitely stay here again the next time I am in D.C.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful, detailed review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your guest room, “very good” butler and bar service, “efficient” check-in and “delicious” fare from private dining. I look forward to seeing you again soon at the best address in the nation’s capital.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

During recent stay in Washington was disappointed with the quality of the room. It was quite small. The bathroom had one sink, no tub. There was minimal number of drawers available in the room The level of service was good. the bell staff, front desk and concierge were all very competent and helpful. The location by the White House is great. Wish there had been more space and nicer rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thoughtful review of our property. I appreciate your kind words regarding our “very competent and helpful” front desk, bell and concierge staff. The issues you raised regarding your guestroom are being investigated and rectified accordingly. I certainly appreciate you bringing them to my attention. I hope that you reconsider and that I am able to welcome you back to our property in the future.

usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

How this hotel manages to carry the prestigious St Regis name amazes me. The St Regis in New York is one of the best city hotels in the USA. The DC St Regis is barely comparable. There is a certain historical ambience to the public spaces but the standard bedrooms do not live up to the promise and the service quality is mediocre and dismissive (unless, I suspect, you are a visiting head of state). For $450 per night, this hotel simply does not deliver value. Better to go the Fairmont, pay less and be treated with respect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. I appreciate your kind words regarding the “historical ambience” of our public spaces, which include our spectacular lobby and newly renovated St. Regis Bar. The issues you raised regarding your guestroom are being investigated and rectified accordingly. I certainly appreciate you bringing them to my attention. I hope that you reconsider and that I am able to welcome you back to our property in the future.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the St. Regis. This is our second time at the hotel, the last was many years ago before the renovation.

The location of the hotel is just ideal. And the staff is very friendly and attentive.

Our room was an ADA room and it has a view of the back of the hotel, which is really nothing to write home about. But the room was large, comfortable, and most importantly quiet which was perfect for our trip.

On our checkout, the front desk took a look at our bill and took care of our only room charge during our stay. That was really unexpected and generous of them to do. We really appreciated that!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “large” and “comfortable” guest room, our unbeatable location, and the “very friendly and attentive” service of our phenomenal staff. I look forward to seeing you again soon at the best address in the nation’s capital.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

From the moment you walk in the door and are greeted by the beautiful flowers, elegant furnishings and friendly staff- you know you made a great choice as to where to stay in DC. When you discover the well appointed rooms, delicious food and incredibly warm and attentive service you never want to leave. I was in town to do a book signing at the USHMM and the management sent me flowers to congratulate me! That was above and beyond. The St. Regis will be our go-to hotel whenever we travel to DC or any other place the St. Regis calls home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “well appointed” guest room and the “incredibly warm and attentive service” of our staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington, DC. I look forward to your return to the St. Regis Washington DC!

Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the St. Regis. Our room was comfortable and everyone was very nice and helpful. We especially appreciate the help we received from Alex, the Cultural Attache, in choosing a restaurant and making our dinner reservation. Our meal at The Palm was fantastic.

We will definitely consider the St. Regis again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “comfortable” room and “very nice and helpful” staff. I also appreciate your kind words regarding the help you received from Alex Gruhin, our Cultural Attaché. I look forward to your return to your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC.

Nantucket, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

It's hard to believe I'm in a hotel in the same "chain" as the St. Regis in New York.. Check in was two hours late. The rooms are dated. My view is of the air conditioning unit. Going to be here three nights so I sure hope it gets better.......

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thoughtful in-stay feedback. We investigated the issues that you raised, rectified them and hope that the balance of your stay at our property is outstanding. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further assistance.

Director of Rooms

Been to The St. Regis Washington, D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

Location: United States > District of Columbia > Washington DC > Dupont Circle
#14 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#16 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#26 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
#30 Family Hotel in Washington DC
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:5 star — The St. Regis Washington, D.C. 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The St. Regis Washington, d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
St Regis Washington Dc
Washington Dc St Regis

If you own or manage The St. Regis Washington, D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.