“For a great location and a perfect BED get to the St. Regis” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

Save Saved
You added The St. Regis Washington, D.C. to your Saves list
The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   923 16th and K Streets, N.W., Washington DC, DC 20006 (Formerly Carlton Hotel) (Connecticut Ave/ K Street)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #16 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
“For a great location and a perfect BED get to the St. Regis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed two times in a week with an interval of a day. Got a on the top floor with street view and later a room on the 5th floor.
I love the top floor room which I felt was more spacious but my wife found the opposite as she felt the 5th floor was better distributed.
In both cases, a very nice room with a fantastic bed, a nice bathroom, good amenities, all the newspapers that you may want and a very attentive service.
If you love to see people, well we saw Secretary of State Kerry getting into the hotel.
The hotel is very nice in a perfect location, is just missing a Je ne sai quoi !!
I have been in more impresive St. Regis.

• Stayed May 2013
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your very nice rooms, each with “a fantastic bed, a nice bathroom, good amenities…and very attentive service.” Our location, as you mentioned, is truly “great,” as we are located two blocks north of the White House. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital!

766 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is absolutely beautiful! The room was spotless, decorated beautifully and had plenty of space for 2 of us. It was a nice layout with plenty of closet space and I liked the front entry with a large full length mirror. We stayed in a room with two double beds looking out front of the property. The bathroom wasn't huge, but it was perfect for the two of us. Very clean and well appointed, excellent shower! The common areas are gorgeous. Large business center where you can use the computers, print, and scan. Also they had free bottles of water in the business center which was a nice touch. The staff was amazing. I had several packages delivered to the hotel and upon arrival they were brought to me immediately. I have stayed at other hotels where trying to find my packages was not easy! The St Regis was so organized. The concierge Lida Small was incredible! She was so helpful and her recommendations were spot on. The front desk staff and bellmen were great as well. Lobby is gorgeous, but also comfortable. Bar area was really cool. Location is perfect, you walk outside and you are steps from the White House. I cannot say enough great things about this property, I will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “spotless” room that was “decorated beautifully,” our “gorgeous” lobby, “large business center” and “really cool” bar. I also appreciate your positive feedback regarding our front desk team, bellmen and concierge Lida. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington, DC. I look forward to seeing you again soon at your home away from home, the St. Regis Washington DC

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

After a very nice stay I found myself at the airport without the things I left in my room safe. I called in a panic and Alex a staff person at the hotel jumped in a cab and brought me my items safe and sound. I doubt this would happen in many hotels. It was above and beyond what I would expect from a hotel considering, I had less than hour to catch my flight. Superb. He literally dropped everything and made it happen. Thank you Alex!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that Alex, our Cultural Attaché, was able to “wow” you with extraordinary service. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington DC. We look forward to your return to “the only hotel [you] stay in when visiting DC.”

Scarsdale, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

For a "luxury" hotel, this one fails. I would not stay there again. There are so many little things wrong. No shops. Not enough towels in the room unless specially requested. Ditto shower caps, slippers, Magnifying mirrors hung so high that they are useless. Small rooms. A particular staffer at reception and a concierge (gave incorrect information about the subway stop nearest the hotel) who are not up to snuff. Little to no drawer space. I go go on and on.
But there is a bright light. He is Alex Gruhin, a young and talented manager. He is lovely and helpful. he goes out of his way to try to make things right. The hotel is lucky to have him!

Room Tip: Get a suite if possible. The standard double (which they do not call standard) is only barely adequ...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thoughtful review of our property. I appreciate your kind words regarding our Cultural Attaché, Alex Gruhin, but am frustrated to read that you had a disapppointing stay at our property. Please know that all of the issues raised in your feedback have been investigated and addressed accordingly. I hope to speak with you regarding your review. Please contact me at 202-638-2626 or by email at ammar.samad@stregis.com.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

As a frequent business traveler and weekly guest at the St. Regis there are simply some employees that stand a head taller than the rest and those two employees are Ms. Denise Lipford and Ms. Donna Morris. Many times i traveling from one state to another and staying at the St. Regis in between and the level of service at this property is incomparable! I highly recommend the property but I am grateful to the management team for creating such a wonderful team and experience!

Room Tip: higher room...club floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to you read that you enjoyed an “incomparable…level of service” delivered by our “wonderful team.” We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in the nation’s capital. I also appreciate your kind words regarding two of our tremendous butlers – Denise and Donna. I look forward to your return to the best address in Washington.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Lovely, stately hotel in a very convenient location to Capital, but expect more for the price. Ordered late night menu and how is it not possible to have decent cheeses and crackers (and not even know what gluten-free means) in this day and age particularly when the cheese plate is $22! Breakfast was also unimpressive (chicken sausages had a funky aftertaste). So my recommendation is its a nice place to stay but eat elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thoughtful review of our property. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our “very convenient location,” and the “lovely, stately” quality of our facilities. I am sorry that you were disappointed in our breakfast and some items on our late-night private dining menu. The issues you raised have been investigated and rectified accordingly. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Let me start off by saying that the overall stay was excellent. We ended up getting upgraded to an Astor suite which was roomy and comfortable. Since there was 3 of us they ended up giving us the only suite that had 2 double beds which worked out perfectly for us. It's also a handicapped accessible room and the shower curtain that they had, while function, was pretty ugly. I feel like they could have found something to match the luxe feel the rest of the bathroom had.
Butler service was spot on! And if you have the opportunity i highly recommend utilizing the unpacking and packing services. Its amazing how much extra space they seem to find in your luggage.
Our only issue was at check in. We arrived at noon and was told by the women at the front desk that the room had been vacated but was not yet clean. This was no issue as we had lunch plans. When we arrived back at 3 we were told by someone new that the room was still not ready. And the guest had just left. Obviously someone was either confused or lied about the status. We expressed our displeasure and were offered free cocktails at the bar while we waited for another 30min.
Location cant be beat! We walked to nearly everything and if we couldn't it was only a short cab ride away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the “spot on” butler service and your “roomy and comfortable” Astor Suite. I appreciate your feedback regarding the condition of our rooms and am addressing the issues you raised accordingly. I look forward to your return to the St. Regis Washington DC.

Director of Rooms

Been to The St. Regis Washington, D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

Location: United States > District of Columbia > Washington DC > Connecticut Ave/ K Street , Upper Northwest
#7 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#12 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#19 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
#22 Family Hotel in Washington DC
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:5 star — The St. Regis Washington, D.C. 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Starwood, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Tingo and Priceline so you can book your The St. Regis Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The St. Regis Washington, d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
St Regis Washington Dc
Washington Dc St Regis

If you own or manage The St. Regis Washington, D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.