“Perfect Location and Great Accommodations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

You added The St. Regis Washington, D.C. to your Saves list
The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   923 16th and K Streets, N.W., Washington DC, DC 20006 (Formerly Carlton Hotel) (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #22 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Provo
“Perfect Location and Great Accommodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip recently and had a great stay. The hotel staff was courteous and attentive to my requests. I arrived around 12:30 am and hadn't eaten since getting off my plane and the front desk was very nice to give me a couple different menus of places close by that would still deliver that early in the morning. The hotel itself is in the perfect location and has great accommodations. My bathroom mirror had a flat screen television in it which I had never seen before. My room was nice with the exception of one thing: My bed posts were on wheels and the bed would push away from the wall when I would lean my pillow against the wall and lie down. The hotel itself is close to everything including shopping, restaurants, and the White House is only 2 blocks away. It was a great place to stay and would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC! I am thrilled to read that you would be “happy to stay” to with us again and that you enjoyed our “courteous and attentive” staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington DC. I look forward to your return to the best address in the nation’s capital.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Location, service, concierge service, bellman, door greeters, etc. are the best! The beds are the most comfortable beds that I slept on in a long time. Linens perfect and fluffy towels. We were fortunate to have a view facing the street which is nice. I would recommend it rather than having a room facing the back. We requested at check-in a larger bath if the hotel had one because it is somewhat of a boutique hotel. Bathroom was good but we had a deep sunken tub with a step stool next to the tub. Glass doors but you had to be EXTREMELY careful getting in and out of the shower/tub. Room 214. The housekeeping staff was top-notch. The hospitality is the best! I cannot wait to return someday.

Room Tip: Better views facing the street or front of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you were so impressed by the quality of your stay. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our concierge service, bellmen, doormen and housekeeping staff. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington, DC. I look forward to your return to our property.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great location, only a 2 minute walk to the White House. The service went above and beyond, we were allowed to check in at 9:30 am, and upgraded to grand luxe room (while it was lacking a view) the room was nicely appointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful of the St. Regis Washington. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our “above and beyond service” and your “nicely appointed” room. I look forward to your return to the best address in Washington, DC.

chesieres
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Service was one of the top I had in my whole life. We called for laundry or asked for an ironing board, and they complied in less than five minutes! Concierge was great as well.
The hotel is slightly tired though, and the revamping of the bar/restaurant is too modern and throws away part of the magic it had ten years ago.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our “really outstanding service.” We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington, DC. I look forward to your return to our property.

Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Words can not express how happy my husband and I are with our stay at the St. Regis. We are amazed with the hospitality and attention to details the St. Regis gave us.This was one of the most wonderful relaxing stays we have had in a while. We attended the Cherry Blossom parade to see our son march with the West Orange Band. The concierge (Leslie) gave us complimentary tickets to the parade which included breakfast, bleacher seating right next to the tv station broad casting the parade and lunch. The turn down service, the waiters, the bell men, maid service all are pleased to help you. Thank you St. Regis for making our stay such a wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that your stay at our property was one “most of the most wonderful and relaxing” you have enjoyed in long time, and that Leslie the concierge made your Cherry Blossom experience so memorable. We are proud to have the best staff of any hotel in Washington DC. I look forward to meeting you on a future trip to the best address in our nation’s capital.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a very good location. Concierge staff were all great. The rooms need some TLC.
Wallpaper was peeling in places. Tiles needed repair in the bathroom.Carpet needed to be replaced. Woodwork needs work.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thoughtful review of our property. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our excellent location and the service provided by our “great” concierge staff. I appreciate your feedback regarding the condition of our rooms and am addressing the issues you raised accordingly. I look forward to your return to the St. Regis Washington DC.

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at St Regis Washington for a night to attend a wedding.

Check-in: Coming in from New York we arrived to the hotel at about 11AM and after checking in they front desk agent informed us our room was not ready but we had been upgraded due to my SPG status. I explained to the front desk agent that while the upgrade was appreciated we would prefer to have earlier access to any room earlier than an upgrade. The associate understood and took down by phone number for when the room was ready. I expected to not be able to check-in at 11 and we had a few activities planned for the afternoon. We came back at 2:45 and there was still no room ready and we were expected to be at the wedding a 4:30. Given we were only 15 mins before the stated check-in time and after explaining the situation to a different front desk we associate we grabbed a drink at the bar. After so back and forth of me checking in with the front desk we finally got into the room at 4.

Room: The room itself was ornate and the bed very comfortable. The A/C was off when I entered the room and I immediate switched it on to the coldest temperature. While in the process of getting ready I wanted to plug in my iPhone to charge and saw there was a dock ontop of a Bose and when I plugged it in no dice. I fiddled for a minute and then traced the wire down the back and found a frayed power cord. Not the end of the world. Then I wanted to turn on the TV in the bathroom when getting ready...it wouldn't turn on. When leaving the room we noticed the A/C wasn't cooling the room and stopped by at the front desk to inform them of the technology / cooling issues and they promised to have them fixed. When we returned the A/C was fixed and pumping out much cooler air but the iPod dock still had a frayed power-cord and the TV in the bathroom still didn't work.

Service: The service at the bar was great and the waitress as a delight. We didn't find the bell staff helpful because there were never enough of them. The three times we could have used their help they were preoccupied. We ordered room-service and while the menu was limited the food was delivered promptly and was tasty. Although, upon delivery the gentlemen didn't have a bill for us to sign saying he was the only one of duty for the night and didn't have a chance to print it. A bit odd but the charges were correctly posted to the room upon checkout.

We didn't have a chance to use the gym or restaurants. The location of the hotel was great and only a few blocks from the White House.

Overall for a hotel that bears the St Regis brand it missed in the service and housekeeping department. I would try the hotel again as its location and rooms (minus the tech issues) were superb.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful review of the St. Regis Washington DC. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your “ornate” room and “very comfortable” bed and that the service at our newly renovated St. Regis Bar was “great” and the waitress “a delight.” The issues you raised have been investigated and rectified. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return to our property.

Director of Rooms

Been to The St. Regis Washington, D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

Location: United States > District of Columbia > Washington DC > Dupont Circle
#13 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#17 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#25 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
#27 Family Hotel in Washington DC
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:5 star — The St. Regis Washington, D.C. 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The St. Regis Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The St. Regis Washington, d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
St Regis Washington Dc
Washington Dc St Regis

If you own or manage The St. Regis Washington, D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.