“Scavenger Hunt” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

Save Saved
You added The St. Regis Washington, D.C. to your Saves list
The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   923 16th and K Streets, N.W., Washington DC, DC 20006 (Formerly Carlton Hotel) (Connecticut Ave/ K Street)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #17 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Lexington, Kentucky
“Scavenger Hunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We took our two girls 8 and 10 to DC for the first time. The hotel was surprisingly kid friendly. The doormen were incredibley helpful and patient as we unloaded the car. As we were checking in the concierge noticed we had children and came over to introduce a very well put together scavenger hunt that took us all over popular sites. It turned out to be a godsend as it kept the kids motivated to do lots of site seeing over a short period of time.....the prize at the end, a dip into the treasure chest. Very clever and much appreciated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed both the scavenger hunt and the interactions with our staff. I hope that we are part of many more family traditions for years to come.

774 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Crofton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I celebrated a landmark anniversary overnight in Washington, D.C. and our experience at the St. Regis was incomparable! I'd called the hotel directly to make the reservation and was asked if the occasion was a special one. The reservation clerk congratulated me, yet as we were paying a lesser government employee rate, I certainly had no anticipation of an upgrade, but upgraded we were to a deluxe king room. At the hotel, the staff, from the front door to the desk to passing service people in the hall, everyone was friendly, helpful and welcoming. We checked in early, spent the day on the Mall visiting museums and returned in the early evening to find a beautiful and delicious "Happy Anniversary" treat waiting in our room. Check-out held no surprises, just warm thanks and invitations to return. Excellently located, two Metro stations an easy, close walk, the restaurant-rich Dupont Circle area only one stop away, the hotel beautifully maintained with very comfortable rooms, a luxe bathroom and gracious staff ... the St Regis surpassed our greatest expectations.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Happy Anniversary! It’s honor to read about the wonderful memory you have of our hotel and staff. We look forward to being part your experiences for years to come.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I traveled for business, but the hotel is centrally located in DC for anyone on vacation. The room was large, and the bathroom was even larger. It was so well-appointed. The attention to detail was impressive. I loved the beautiful book provided courtesy of the stationer located in the hotel and Mont Blanc. The bed was extremely comfortable, as I would expect. Check-in and check-out were highly efficient.

I would also recommend a visit to the Adour restaurant. While expensive, it was easily the best meal I have ever had in DC.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed both the hotel and adour our signature restaurant. We look forward to your return visit very soon.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

From James, the elegant doorman with a friendly greeting, to the very discreet security people who handled noisy neighbors calmly and efficiently to amazingly helpful concierges who went to great lengths to track down a vegan bakery for my niece, every staff member at this hotel is attentive and professional. And let's not forget "Just Plain Jane," as she called herself, who staffs the bar on Sunday evening when the restaurant is closed and serves the customers in a professional and friendly manner. Alena the receptionist made certain a family reunion was very special. It's not often that the staff in hotel impress me so much that I make note of so many names and remember them months later.

And the room -- I felt like I was back in a Loire Valley chateau, but one with hi-tech marvels. The Electric Mirror seemed to float inside the bathroom mirror like a hologram and let this news junkie watch the news even while washing my face. The shower featured Roman-style tiles and the Remede toiletries were fabulous and worth a fortune (as I found out later when I went online to buy some). The comfortable beds come with an almost comical pile of pillows to cocoon in.

Even so all of this was great value for money. I prepaid over the internet well in advance. Many other less-upscale brands in terrible locations were actually asking much more money for a room, so I was quite satisfied.

Room Tip: Even the rooms on the street are quiet thanks to double or triple glazing.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the taking the time to post your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Please keep us in mind for your next reunion as we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the St. Regis Washington D.C.

Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed here for three nights in late January. The staff is very helpful and attentive. My husband accidentally booked a room with one king bed for a family of four. They were quick to offer us another room immediately, but since he had already checked into the king room, they brought a very clean and comfortable roll away. We also forgot toothpaste and they brought some to our room very quickly.The location is within walking distance to many things in the area. We were close to the Smithsonian museums, Aquarium, White House, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, and so much more. Our children are only 6 and 7 and they were able to walk everywhere without becoming too tired. After an entire day of sightseeing, we decided to order room service, and I was surprised, but happy to see they offered a kids menu that was reasonably priced. The hotel didn't appear to really be family-friendly at first, but it truly was a nice place to stay with kids.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting about your experience at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back during a future stay.

Wellington, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Family of four stayed three nights after Christmas. This is a very nice, small hotel. Nice, not luxurious and the price (250/night) reflected that. The location is excellent as one can walk to the White House and spend little in cabs going to the museums in the mall. I would be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I apologize that your stay with us in December did not meet your expectations. I would like to receive more detailed feedback from you so that we may ultimately improve on the guest experience. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at ammar.samad@stregis.com or 202.580.6784.

Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Love this St. Regis hotel. Conveniently located near the White House, restaurants and several subway stops. I must say it has certainly an old and traditional feel to it, yet very luxurious.
The bar has been recently renovated and it definitely showed. I remember the bar being rather dark, but to my surprise it has transformed into this modern and contemporary looking St. Regis bar.

This time I travelled to DC for business and had few hours left to do some sightseeing. I really wanted to get the most out of the rest of the day so I asked the Concierge for a couple of recommendations for a city tour. Jair the Concierge who seemed to work the Concierge desk 24/7 was wonderful. He provided me with some great tour options and I decided to go with the trolley hop on hop off tour which I can only recommend. Furthermore I needed a place for a quick bite and Jair told me about this fairly new Spanish tapas place near the hotel which was great.

Make sure you don't miss the champagne sabering which is a St. Regis hotel tradition and happens everyday at exactly six o'clock. I did not have a chance to try their Adure restaurant for dinner but had breakfast there which was very reasonable, I really enjoyed the pastries and the servers were always very friendly.

On the down side, they are still not offering a Spa and their gym is limited. You do have a choice of complimentary gym passes across the street and the hotel does offer in room massages.

I was overall impressed with the attentiveness of the staff, and everyone seemed to be willing to go the extra mile.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about the hotel and your experience with the Concierge team. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated bar as we are very pleased with the new look and feel. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Director of Rooms

Been to The St. Regis Washington, D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

Location: United States > District of Columbia > Washington DC > Connecticut Ave/ K Street , Upper Northwest
#7 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#12 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#17 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
#23 Family Hotel in Washington DC
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:5 star — The St. Regis Washington, D.C. 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your The St. Regis Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The St. Regis Washington, d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
St Regis Washington Dc
Washington Dc St Regis

If you own or manage The St. Regis Washington, D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.