“delighted!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

You added The St. Regis Washington, D.C. to your Saves list
The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   923 16th and K Streets, N.W., Washington DC, DC 20006 (Formerly Carlton Hotel) (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #22 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
milano
“delighted!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I've stayed here twice now and it is really a wonderful hotel. I always find the staff to be very helpful to someone who has no idea how to get around the big city. Even going out of the way to show me where things are. Especially I would like to thank Ertug for his hospitality.

Aflter working hard during the day, I really appreciate being able to sleep perfect each night. And I thing the archeticture of the building is wonderful.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are fortunate to have Ertug and the rest of our staff that go out of their way to ensure our guests are taken care of. Thank you again for sharing your experience we look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011 via mobile

The rooms are unacceptably small for the price. The bathroom is tiny. There is no place to put your toiletries! There was only a shower. The room itself was a cracker box.

• Stayed November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed that we did not earn your loyalty. I would like to speak to you in person at your earliest convenience. I may be reach at 202.638.2626 or by e-mail at ammar.samad@stregis .com I look forward to connecting with you.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011 via mobile

The rooms are very, very small. It's a cracker box.

• Stayed November 2011

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

This was our first stay in a luxury hotel in the U.S. after staying in luxury hotels in Asia for a few years, so some expectations-adjustment on our part is probably in order. That being said, the St Regis Washington was a nice way to ease ourselves back into being Stateside, and we would certainly choose to stay at this hotel again.
We spent a long weekend at the property, with husband in town for meetings and wife and now-older kids for sightseeing. The hotel is well-located for the major sights and is housed in a stately historic property. Our room (which was ready for us) was beautifully decorated but not spacious, although city hotel rooms rarely are.
The excellent service makes this hotel a standout, as it always does at St Regis properties. The doormen were friendly, courteous and knowledgeable; the concierge efficient, professional and attentive with his follow-up calls to us regarding some arrangements. It was exceptional that the hotel managed to provide us with a peaceful stay with no lapses in service despite the numerous IMF receptions going on throughout the weekend (including one down the hall from us) and the requisite wedding.
The only disappointments were the absence of a bathtub (shower only), slippers, and day shades. Our room faced the street and our only lighting options were closing the heavy drapes to sunlight, or leaving them fully open to the building across the street. The typical white sheers behind the drapes would have been welcome.
Our visit was otherwise enjoyable and we certainly look forward to staying again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are delighted that our team exceeded all of your expectations. I would be happy to note all of your preferences for your future stays. Please feel free to contact me directly at ammar.samad@stregis.com . Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to your next visit.

Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

The service was professional and excellent at all times. Great rooms and decor. All the touches you expect from a 5 star hotel. Nice location in the District.

Really liked the free garment pressing service. My suit was wrinkled from the plane. This was a life saver!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted that our Butlers and our team exceeded all of your expectations. We look forward to your return visit very soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed at the St. Regis last year with our toddler son and had absolutely phenomenal service from point of entry to exit. Everyone was most accommodating and as one might guess, traveling with a toddler is not always easy. The front desk was quite kind and the restaurant helpful in allowing us to eat while our room was readied (we arrived early). The room itself (Astor suite) was fabulous and quite spacious. Extremely clean which is most important to our family. We can't wait to stay here again - during the month of December. Thus far the staff has once again been enormously accommodating and helpful as we arrange our upcoming stay. Can't say enough great things about the quality and service of this establishment.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that you and your family experienced phenomenal service during your visit. Our staff takes great pride in ensuring that our guests have memorable experiences when they stay at The St. Regis, Washington D.C. Thank you again for your wonderful post. We look forward to your return visit very soon.

NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed at the St. Regis for a few days while spending a long weekend in DC. The hotel has a great location, just two blocks north of the White House, and just a few minutes away from the Mall, the monuments, and museums. There are a lot of great (and expensive) restaurants in the area, but not as much to do at night than if you stayed in an area like Georgetown. There are bars and clubs within walking distance to this hotel, but I've seen more nightlife during my previous visits to DC, when i stayed in the Georgetown area.

I booked a room for $400 a night and was a little disappointed by what I got for my money. The room was well furnished but very small. The room was furnished with a king sized bed in the middle of the room. Along each side of the bed was a night stand. In one corner of the room was a work desk, on the opposite wall was a cabinet containing a large flat screen TV. Along the wall at the foot of the bed were two chairs. With the bed taking up the majority of the room and all the furniture up against the walls there wasn't enough room in some places for two people to squeeze by each other. The room did have a large bathroom, with marble countertops and twin vanities, and a very large mirror. The best part of the mirror was that you could watch TV (using a small part of the mirror not the whole thing) while you got ready in the morning. I found it very useful as I watched the news (traffic, weather forecasts, etc) as I was shaving. There is a large shower that is recessed into a wall, which had a transparent glass door. The glass door does not go all the way to the ceiling so the heat from the shower has plenty of room to escape so it doesn't fog up. One of the most useful items I found in the room was the full length mirror in the walkway, so you can do one last check before you head out the door. I wish more hotels incorporated this into their rooms.

There is a bar and restaurant, called Adour, in the lobby of the hotel. But prices for entrees at the restaurant were over $40, you could get a better deal and better prices at restaurants around the block. I never ate at the restaurant but it appeared that everyone inside was dressed up in at least a suit. In the basement they have a gym, conference rooms, and a ball room.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. One evening they saw me taking pictures of the area and provided recommendations of nearby sites with lighting to assist with my photographs. They always had someone at the door of the lobby to greet you with a smile.

I enjoyed my stay at the St. Regis and would come back again, but overall I don't think I got the value for my money. There are other better hotels that charge the same price, just a block away.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
KSt20006, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are delighted that overall you enjoyed your experience and will return. Our rates do vary depending on the length of stay and the day you are arriving. We do offer special packages which you may enjoy. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to your next stay.

Director of Rooms

Been to The St. Regis Washington, D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

Location: United States > District of Columbia > Washington DC > Dupont Circle
#13 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#17 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#25 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
#27 Family Hotel in Washington DC
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:5 star — The St. Regis Washington, D.C. 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The St. Regis Washington, D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The St. Regis Washington, d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
St Regis Washington Dc
Washington Dc St Regis

If you own or manage The St. Regis Washington, D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.