“Regal, all the way!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Washington, D.C.

You added The St. Regis Washington, D.C. to your Saves list
The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   923 16th and K Streets, N.W., Washington DC, DC 20006 (Formerly Carlton Hotel) (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #17 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Regal, all the way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

The hotel is in an excellent location! The White House is only 3 Blocks away.
From the moment you pull into the drive way, you will be treated like royalty throughout your stay.
The hotel's interior is elegant and intimate. My room, located on the 8th floor with a king bed, has no view and is fairly small, but the furnishings make up for the size. Even though I'm an SPG Elite, they had no preferred rooms available.
The butler service attends to your needs/requests promptly!
The St. Regis DC is truly a spectacular hotel with a classically sophisticated ambiance.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
KStreetDC, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, September 10, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time post your fantastic feedback. We are delighted that our team ensured a spectacular experience. Thank you again for staying with us,
We look forward to your return visit very soon.

Warm regards,

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Last week my wife and my twin 8 year old boys stayed two nights at the St. Regis. The manager, Ammar, provided us with a great room and great service. The front desk staff was pleasant and welcoming and the bellman James was awesome. He remembered my sons' names and greeted us every time we returned. Thanks Ammar!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
KStreetDC, Manager at The St. Regis Washington, D.C., responded to this review, August 27, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. We are delighted that you and your family had an amazing time at our hotel. We are very fortunate to have associates like James who provide personalized service to our guests. Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to your return visit very soon.

Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed three nights at this hotel--supposedly laxiousry and well-located. It was a great dissapointment. The room was located at the second floor. At the first glance, we noticed that the entrance stone floor was dirty with full of dark spots. We asked to clean the reception desk but it was never clearned. The room was acceptable but cleaning is slow and late. When we came back at 16:00, the room was not ready. The cleaning lady came in and simply said "Don´t worry". A young man at the reception desk in early morning was very impersonal without smile. Even when we checked out, he did not say "Thank you". This is very unusual in the US! The door men were always chatting with one another, and we always had to open the door by ourselves...

In short, the price-quality ratio is not acceptable. The service is slow and impersonal. We do not recommend this hotel by any means.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very sorry to read about your disappointing stay. The service you received is not reflective of the St. Regis experience. I would like to speak to you at your earliest convenience. I may be reached at ------- or by e-mail ---------. Thank you again for your feedback as it will allow us to improve our service.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

When I was booking a hotel for a recent DC weekend through Starwood I was excited when they had a points and dollars offer. Rarely does St Regis offer that and I always love the St Regis experience. but there was nothing to love about this St Regis. When I arrived I was told they had a great upgraded room for me (I am Starwood Platnium) but this room was dark and luckily I opened the curtains to an interior view of the air conditioners. Thanks St Regis. When I went with bellman to ask for another room it wasn't clean so I waited an hour in the bar where I bought my own drink
The new room had a view of K street but there is nothing special or interesting. A square of a room..the door opens right into the room, the bathroom dark with poor lighting
The reception desk is parked in the middle of the lobby on the path to the elevators. It seemed you were always in someone's way on the way to the elevators. But the concierge is tucked back in an alcove. The staff was cold and impersonal, except the bell staff

Am I the only one tired of hotels telling me I should save the environment by hanging my towels while they blast the air conditioners. Please!!

• Stayed July 2011
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

The St. Regis is a lovely hotel very close to the White House and within an easy walk of the Mall. Our room was huge and gorgeous and service from eveyone on staff was unobtrusively excellent. Definitely try the Basil Martini in the Adour Lounge - it is delicious!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review. We are delighted that both our hotel and our associates exceeded your expectations. The Basil Martini is indeed delicious, I hope you may try our Cucumber Gimlet next time, we just added it to our menu.

studio city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

My family recently enjoyed a weekend in DC. A Four Season Hotel loyalist, we decided to take our friend's suggestion and stayed at the St. Regis. From the moment we were greeted by one of the hotel's managers, Mr. Ammar Samad, our experience over the course of the next three days was nothing short of spectacular. The hotel's staff has obviously been through extensive training as their pleasant demeanor and helpful ways leaves you feeling like their most important guest. Aside from the beautifully appointed and spacious rooms, the bedding and mattresses provide for one of the best night's sleep I've had in years. I'm a stickler for showers so when i didn't want my first shower to end, I knew I found my home away from home when in DC. Ammar was the consummate professional and significantly enhanced our family's experience. From the maids, to the doormen, concierge to the front desk, the staff had a smile on their face ready to meet your every need with a great attitude. My hats off to the St. Regis as I am putting them at the very top of my list, which includes the best hotel properties in the world. Can't wait to get back. BW- Studio City, CA.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. I enjoyed meeting you and your family very much. We are delighted that our hotel and staff exceeded all of your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I had the immense privilege of coming "home" to the St. Regis in February 2011 when I attended CPAC 2011. And literally, it was just like being home.

From the warm greeting I received from Hannah at the front desk (who remembered me!) to the excellent service and attention to detail provided by Ertug (the front desk manager), I was so pleased to return.

Champagne is still served every day at 6pm, the food and drinks remain top-notch. Jane, the bartender in the lounge, makes an amazing Lemon Drop martini!! (My wife and I really need that recipe!).

While I had requested an upgrade they couldn't accommodate it on the first day -- BUT, they asked repeatedly the next day and afterwards if they could please move me to another room. As my room was quite comfortable, and I didn't want to bother anybody, I stay where I was. Even then, the wonderful folks at the St. Regis wanted to give me something and so they comped my meal and drinks one night I was there.

Seriously, I love this place -- from the lush rooms, to the elegant hallways, to the proximity to the White House and St. John's Episcopalian, I think staying at the St. Regis is one of my favourite things to do.

Thanks again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. We are very fortunate to have associates like Ertug, Jane, and everyone you encountered that made your stay the best it could be. We look forward to your return visit very soon.