This hotel is difficult to rate, it all depends on what your needs are.
- good price compared to what's around (free parking)
- Location is great for Washington visit. Left the car in the parking lot the whole time. Safeway across the street and restaurant Divan downstairs which is excellent and reasonably priced (they do take out as well). Starbucks just next door. Lovely boutiques close by in Georgetown and plenty of restaurants.
- enjoyed having a kitchenette + a little living room + a closed bedroom.
- super comfortable beds with duvet cover and a kind of duvet mattress topper.
- 2 closets & plenty of hangers
The in-between things that are kind of annoying but not all that important;
- fairly recent renovation with nice furniture and materials but job poorly done. Example; nice carpet but not tacked in. ?? Carpet wavy all over the place.
- poor ventilation in the bathroom = humidity = mold (not much but remember this is new reno)
- poor lighting in bathroom
- good pressure for shower but almost nothing for bathroom sink
- no elevator so something to think about if you're the type to bring lots of luggage.
- you need something, you need to call someone or go down to the restaurant to ask for what you need.
- no one emptied our trash, we just brought our bag down every day.
- no reservations on any web site. Took 2 days to get in touch with someone; tried email, phone call and then texting. That's too long especially for a last minute reservation like mine. Once I got in touch with Sercan, then everything went smoothly. He checked us in and everything went smoothly. Needed something and 2 minutes later he was at our room. Thank you Sercan!
- still an old building... could hear the person in apartment above us walking.
- heat pump situated just outside our room window. Wow, that's noisy! Single pane windows doesn't help.
If we would stay again? Yes definitely. More pros than cons for us.
- Also Known As:
- Georgetown Hill Hotel Washington Dc