“Lost Reservation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Georgetown Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Washington DC
Georgetown Hill Inn
1832 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Ranked #113 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Cleveland, Ohio
“Lost Reservation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

I booked a room with Georgetown Hill Inn over a month in advance. A week prior to my trip I called to confirm the reservation and they had lost it. Never made it to the hotel. Dont bother with this hotel... there are plenty others that have a much greater level of professionality in the Georgetown area.

Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

I recently stayed at the Georgetown Hill Inn for 4 nights and prior to booking read the Tripadvisor.com reviews. I agree with most of them, both good and bad. On the positive side, it is a good location in Georgetown, however on a very busy street - ask for a room on the back street. When I reserved, I was given the "March special" of $99+tax/night, which was honored and was a great rate for DC. The suite was very spacious and included a bedroom, kitchen, living room with fold out bed and bath. The suite was generally clean, however, the carpet and shades could use cleaning and the inside of the microwave was filthy. On the negative side, it is a "walk-up," no maid service, and by far not "elegant" as described in its website. The bottom-line for me is that the Georgetown Inn was worth $99/night and adequate for my needs. If my wife was with me on vacation in DC, I would not stay there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

I"ll give you that the GHI has a good location but otherwise there is nothing pleasant at all. In addition to no customer service everything needs a special code that one must chase down the owner/manager to get. The bathroom facilities did not work and the kitcheonette did not have basics. Avoid at all cost - not to mention the price was different from the website, the advertisement and the owner/manager.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

I don't know what's up with all the negative reviews on here, but I've stayed at the Georgetown Hill Inn several times and never had a problem. The rooms are large and stylishly furnished (think CB2 or West Elm). There's a kitchenette, a living room and even a jacuzzi in the bathrooms. The staff is friendly and the restaurant and bar downstairs are also very good. True, there's no daily maid service or elevator, but the rooms are on the 2nd and 3rd floors, so it's not terrible. Honestly, I've stayed in hotels all over DC - from the Ritz Carlton to the Mayflower and while the Georgetown Hill Inn lacks some of their conveniences, it more than makes up for them with lovely, comfortable accommodations in a great location.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I have stayed here 2 or 3 times for business and it was fine. Reservations were honored, room was clean and well appointed, bed very comfy. Not the same level of service as a larger hotel with a 24/7 staff at your beck and call, but I did not need to be doted on. I needed a nice clean comfortable place to stay in that neighborhood, and it was fine.

Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

This "hotel" is not what it claims to be, or appears to be in the on-line photographs. The management is dishonest, aggressive and even frightening. The accomodations are closer to those of a youth hostel, rather than a hotel. The street noise from very busy Wisconsin Avenue is deafening. With so many good hotels struggling to survive, this "hotel" does not deserve to make it.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

While the hotel room itself was quite nice, this is one of the worst experiences I have ever had at a hotel. I called the day before we arrived to confirm that we had the two bedroom suite reserved, which they confirmed we did. When we arrived we discovered they had given it away however, and with no apologies they could only give us two 1 bedroom rooms at $100 MORE a night. It was absolutely ridiculous, this is the least professionally run place I have ever stayed at. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, as you cannot rely on them.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Georgetown Hill Inn? Share your experiences!