“Little mall” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Post Office Pavilion

Old Post Office Pavilion
1100 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W., Washington DC, DC 20004 (Federal Triangle)
(202) 289 4224
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
Special Offer
$78*
and up
Washington DC Super Saver: Hop-on Hop-off Trolley...
Ranked #126 of 486 things to do in Washington DC
Activities: City walk sightseeing
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Historic 1899 building where visitors can go up to the clock tower for dramatic views of D.C.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Montgomery Village, Maryland
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Little mall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

It is a classic. There are coffee shops, restaurants and shops here. One can safely call it a taste of Washington. I am not sure how longit has been there but it has come to be known as must see when in the DC area

Bellevue, Nebraska
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Great Place! Well worth the stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were visiting a couple of the Smithsonian Museums and decided to get lunch inbetween. We didn't want one of the little carts with hotdogs and random other things so pulled out our phone and found that there were several restaurants nearby. We ended up wandering into the Old Post Office Pavilion and ate lunch. My husband ate at one little place and I had fresh made Sushi. Great little lunch and very inexpensive. There were several stores in that area and I am a sucker for souveneir shops so we went into one on our way out. They had the cheapest souveneirs I found over our entire trip to DC. I purchased two hoodies for $30 and a couple of other small things. On our way out the man running the shop told us about the clock tower and the views on the top and ended with "It's free!". So not expecting much we went and checked it out. The building is older and not as updated as many of the other tourist destinations in DC but I think it gave it a feel to it that it was historic and original that other buildings do not have. There are two elevators to get to the very top where the gorgeous views are. There is plexi-glass and chains keeping people in, and it does get in the way of picture taking but you can still get gorgeous pictures around them. The view is great. You can see all the way from the Capitol to the Washington Monument and all the beautiful buildings in the area. Nice little stop after a great lunch.

Lancashire, England
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“View DC from Above”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Not a very well publicised place, in my opinion. I do't think I would have found it if it weren't for my Rough Guide. It is however well worth a visit. Not so much for the shops, but for the views from the top of the tower, 270 feet above Pennsylvania Avenue. (I believe these views are second only to those from the Washington Monument, which was unfortunately closed when I visited due to damage caused by an earthquake)
Yes there is plexiglas but if you look carefully around the tower, you'll find a couple of places where you can get photos without obstruction of either plexi or wire mesh. Look down on the FBI, across to the Capitol or over at The Washington Monument. Obviously best on a clear day though

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Good views although kind of a maze to get in.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I went on Columbus Day and was impressed by the views but got a bit scared as there were cables rather than windows which made picture taking a bit difficult. I also found ingress and egress a bit difficult as one ends up using three different elevators to get to the top.

Mayfield, Kentucky, United States
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“This is a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

As long as the Washington Monument is closed, the tower in the pavilion is must. There is no charge for this. The views are wonderful. You can spend as much time as you want in the tower. There are shops and a food court there.