“Got to be fairly spunky for this but fun way to see things” 5 of 5 stars
Review of City Segway Tours of Washington, DC

City Segway Tours of Washington, DC
502 23rd Street NW, Washington DC, DC (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)
202-626-0017
and up
Washington DC Segway Tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: As you cruise through the Nation's Capital, past the monuments, White House and American icons, you will receive a great orientation, informative historical and current-day information, heaps of unique and fascinating stories, fantastic photo ops and superb personal service from your guide. The Segway is the first of its kind - a self-balancing, personal transportation device that's designed to operate in any pedestrian environment. It's new, it's cool and a ton of fun!
Fayetteville, Arkansas
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Got to be fairly spunky for this but fun way to see things”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

You rent the Segway and their is a person that shows you how to operate it safely. You follow them during the tour and they show you the Lincoln Monument etc. A lot of history and you don't have a lot of walking and so much fun. Definitely for the younger generation but what a way to see DC.

Visited November 2013

• Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Great way to see the sights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I did a 2 hr tour on the Segway in a small group (5 of us) with Grace as our guide. I did it on the second day of my visit to Washington to help me get my bearings. Grace made sure we were all properly trained and aware of how to use the Segway, which was vital for me as I'd not used one before. I was a bit concerned we might not have any time to take photos in the beginning, but this wasn't the case, we stopped a couple of times and were able to get off and stretch our legs. Grace was really informative and took great care to make sure we were all safe when we whizzed along, she also told us lots of little facts and stories about the sights we were seeing. I didn't even spot the "West Wing" of the White House when I'd walked past it the first day I arrived, but this was pointed out to us by Grace.
The Segway was pretty easy to use once I got the hang of it and in a city like DC it was a great way to see sights which are quite a long walk apart. The 2 hrs flew by, and I am really glad I did this tour, I even got a nice photo of me on a Segway outside the White House.

Visited November 2013
Avoca Beach, Australia
“Great way to see Washington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We did the 3 hour trip with Grace. It was an excellent way to see Washington, the Segways are easily to control and zip along. Our guide was entertaining, knowledgable and did very well to keep our group organised and safe. We also had time to hop off at some of the bigger attractions for photos. We did this on our first day in Washington and it gave us a great introduction to the sites so we could then go back to look at the attractions during the rest of our stay albeit with sore feet wishing we still had a Segway.

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent way to see the sights of Washington DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We took a three hour tour with City Segway Tours this is the best way to see everything that is worth seeing in Washington . The Guide Will aka Sunshine was very knowledgable and friendly. We just wish we had our own segway for the whole holiday everyone must segway in there lifetime as it was so much fun.

Visited October 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I took the three hour tour as a single and had a great time. The employees were super friendly and efficient. My guide was fun and knowledgable. This was my second tour with City Segway and wouldn't hesitate to do this same tour again.