“Fun tour” 4 of 5 stars

$39*
and up
Activities: Group tours/city tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted “Washington’s Best Tour” by Washingtonian Magazine, the Nation’s Capital comes alive aboard Old Town Trolley Tours. Live narration filled with humorous stories and well-researched historical facts will show guests all of Washington in three loops that cover Arlington National Cemetery, the National Mall, National Cathedral, Downtown, Georgetown and points in between. With 19 stops, guests can disembark for shopping, dining and attractions all day. Old Town Trolley Tours has a 100% money back guarantee.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fun tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

We took a one day tour in DC. It was a lot of fun--hopping on and off at different locations. We should have done the Arlington stop first--we got there around 2:30 and were told the last pick up was at about 4:30. Not enough time to really see the cemetery or the changing of the guard. The drivers are entertaining. It was hot though--the trolleys are windowless (June) but it was still very hot. Great tour though if you are new to a destination and are not sure what to see.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“the driver makes the difference”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We had the opportunity to take the day and "moonlight" tours. The day trip consisted of having several different drivers, The first was knowledgeable and interjected some humor into his presentation, making the ride interesting. The second driver was "matter-of-fact" (dry) The next stop is the Lincoln Memorial, the next bus will be by in about 30 minutes. Almost wish I could have taken a nap. The third Driver had 90% of his facts correct (did not know the history of the Lincoln assassination) and filled in the voids with his own personal political rhetoric. So if the driver in the daylight tour does not meet your needs jump -off and get on the next car (30 minutes :-))
The moonlight tour was a waste of time the first 11/2 hours was in daylight adding nothing to the day tour. The driver was poor more rhetoric than facts and you do not have the option of the next trolley. And the best part is that 50% of the tour is dropping you off to walk to the monuments you visited in the day. There was not much of seeing DC in the moonlight.

historictours, Public Relations Manager at Old Town Trolley Tours of Washington DC, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
I am very sorry our tours did not meet your did not meet your expectations. We stand behind all of our tours and attractions with a 100% money back guarantee, which can be accessed on our website under Customer Service.

Kindest regards,

Piper Smith
Vice President of Marketing
Chesapeake, VA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Tour Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

My girlfriend and I took the tour this past weekend and had a great time. We took the entire tour one time and than the second time around we got off at specific stops. Our tour guide was extremely specific and filled with tons of knowledge. He would make sure we saw everything that he was pointing out. It was raining fairly hard and he went out of his was to make sure everybody on board was dry and having a good time. I highly recommend the tour for information and to help you get around town.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“BEST TOUR IN DC!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

I've done the Trolley Tours twice and plan to do it again as I still haven't managed to complete the tour as thoroughly as I'd hoped. I brought all my visiting family along and they enjoyed it as well. All tour guides were informative and friendly. Trolleys came approx every 20-30 mins which was fantastic in trying to see as many attractions as possible in a day. The trolleys are the best choice in my opinion (especially in the summer to stay cool and shaded) and it allows you to take pictures and stops at the perfect photo ops. If you want a quality tour that stops at every major attraction in DC and provides historic facts along the way..this is it!

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An adventure worth taking!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

My family and I used Old Town Trolley Tours in Washington to explore the Smithsonian, Georgetown and all the streets. The trolley was available everywhere we wanted to go and very easy to access. My son as well as the adults found the drivers' information to be educational and entertaining. The drivers were very friendly, helpful and full of a lot of information to answer all of our questions. Without the trolley, we would not have been able to explore so much of Washington in two days. The two day pass was well worth the prices. We won't see Washington any other way.