“Best Way to See it All!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #22 of 157 Activities in Washington DC
Activities: Group tours/city tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted “Washington’s Best Tour” by Washingtonian Magazine, the Nation’s Capital comes alive aboard Old Town Trolley Tours. Live narration filled with humorous stories and well-researched historical facts will show guests all of Washington in three loops that cover Arlington National Cemetery, the National Mall, National Cathedral, Downtown, Georgetown and points in between. With 19 stops, guests can disembark for shopping, dining and attractions all day. Old Town Trolley Tours has a 100% money back guarantee.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Best Way to See it All!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was in DC from March 12 to 16, sightseeing with my 23 year-old daughter who has never seen the city. This Tour was recommended to us and I'm so glad we did it. It's hop-on, hop-off and has three different legs. We did the Monument/Museum National Mall leg one day and then the green line, which goes to the National Cathedral, Georgetown, etc., the second day. It was easy, the tour guides were fabulous (each gives you facts you would never hear elsewhere and none of it feels scripted or repetitious) and we saw everything on our list. No hassles. In fact, I only bought one day passes and when we went back to see if we could convert to two day passes, the ticket person was extremely helpful. She helped us go over the map and be sure we took the correct route the second day. can't recommend enough!

Canada
“Old Town Trolly a MUST to see DC ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

For our first trip to Washington DC we had booked ahead online to have two days exploring DC by Old Town Trolly. It's the best way to see the most significant and interesting places, both historical and modern. We went to all the monuments via Trolly and most of the Smithsonian buildings. The drivers were so knowledgeable (our favorite, Anthony, has a wonderful sense of humor and knows all the best spots to eat!). The drivers (tour guides) were able to answer in detail all our questions and if you took the same bus with the same driver on the same route, you'd hear something different each time! It's an inexpensive (discount online) way to get the most out of your DC trip.

Peterborough, Canada
“Best way to get an overview of Washington, DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We enjoyed the narration of several of your guides (Mr E., Drew, Uncle Dave), and we were very pleased to have had our 1-day ticket extended for another day by Mr. Sander. It made a big difference in being able to complete both the orange and green loops and see a good number of the memorials and other sights, including Arlington cemetery.

Whitby
9 attraction reviews
“Excellent tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have been on trolley tours in other cities and have never been disappointed, so I naturally thought I'd enjoy this one as well - I was thrilled with everything.

While my husband was working, I decided the best way to see everything was the trolley tour. I was able, with my e-ticket, to board at any stop. The Mayflower hotel was closest to my hotel. I only waited for 5 minutes before the trolley came along. The conductor was Diamond Jim. He took us all along the Green Line with interesting stories and pointed out everything along the route. Arriving at the Welcome Center, I was able to change to the Orange Line with conductor, Mr. E. He's only been on the job since July 2013, but he was excellent. He went to lunch at Union Station and Paris John took over. John had been directing traffic out of the bus lane at Union Station so that we could park easier. So many interesting stories and corny jokes.

Ending back at the Welcome Center I was able to immediately get on another Green Line trolley to take me back to the Mayflower - this conductor was Congo Ken. I decided not to get off at any of the stops, but just sit back and enjoy the ride. Not disappointed in any way. The conductors emphasized safety at every opportunity and always waited for everyone to be seated. A walker was also accommodated for a customer on 2 of the lines. Bathrooms are available at the Welcome Center, which also contains a well stocked gift shop.

Excellent information from each conductor. 2 of the stops were closed due to the St. Patrick's Day parade, but were opened by late afternoon and fully accessible. Communication between dispatch and the conductors helped to deal with traffic, construction, and closures. I was able to save almost $4 by pre-booking online. Tickets are valid for 6 months from purchase.

The access provided to each of the stops allowed for customers to see the attractions easily and the view for pictures from the trolley was also very good.

Overall....excellent value, wonderful information, and a great way to see the city.

Anchorage, AK
11 attraction reviews
“Overview”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I decided to take the trolley to get an overview of the sites and locations. The guide was very friendly, helpful and informative. Just what one wants. Getting on and off was terrific so that I could spent a little more time at certain places. It was a very good value and saved a ton of walking.

Visited February 2014