“Magnificent Monuments at Night” 4 of 5 stars

$39*
and up
Activities: Group tours/city tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted “Washington’s Best Tour” by Washingtonian Magazine, the Nation’s Capital comes alive aboard Old Town Trolley Tours. Live narration filled with humorous stories and well-researched historical facts will show guests all of Washington in three loops that cover Arlington National Cemetery, the National Mall, National Cathedral, Downtown, Georgetown and points in between. With 19 stops, guests can disembark for shopping, dining and attractions all day. Old Town Trolley Tours has a 100% money back guarantee.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Kentucky
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Magnificent Monuments at Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went on the Monument at Night tour. It was wonderful! It started at Union Station where we bought our tickets. You also can buy them on-line. We stood in line about 10 minutes while they loaded the trolleys. It was orderly and efficient. We got on our bus and headed towards the Capitol. Jason was our tour guide and was very knowledgable. Once we got up Capitol Hill, the Capitol police stopped us and pointed out that our headlights were not working. Jason pulled the trolley over and called for a new trolley. During our wait, he shared many interesting facts about DC. Once we got the new trolley, we were on our way. It was wonderful! We stopped and toured the Lincoln Memorial and the Korean War Memorial. We then drove by the Washington Memorial and the WW II Memorial. We drove as close as we could get by the White House. We headed across the River to the Marine Monument (not to be missed!) We were able to get off the trolley and walk around it. We drove by the Jefferson Memorial, and then stopped by the Martin Luther King, Jr. and the FDR Memorials. It is a great way to see the monument because they let the tour buses drop you off closer than you can park. We got back to Union Station about 10:15 (tour started about 7:30). We really enjoyed it! Jason was great!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The drivers/tour guides Very Knowledgable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Had a great time, the drivers had great stories to tell. When we go off a trolley to view something it wasn't a long wait for another trolley to come by and pick up. I wish they had a trolley stop in the embassy district. They go way to fast through that area and it would have been nice to see them close up. It was to fast to even be able to take pics of them.

Jensen Beach, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Way to See Cit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Purchased a 2 day pass, along with touring the city by night. Enjoyed it all! Able to board trolley at Union Station, within waling distance from our wonderful B and B

Toronto, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Monuments by Moonlight Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I took the evening tour to see the monuments as I thought it would offer up some great photos. Totally did! Our tour guide was very good and offered up all kinds of information during the ride. It should be noted that the guide stays with the bus and drops you off at the monument with an specific time to return at each stop so that you can walk around at your leisure.

i would recommend this tour.

Saint Louis MO
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Definitely recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have made it a point to do an "Old Town Trolley" tour every time I visit somewhere b/c of good experiences in Chicago and Boston. (I'm assuming they are the same company.)

Cannot rave enough about the quality of this tour. A couple of years ago, a friend and I came to DC for the "Rally to Restore Sanity" (Jon Stewart/ Stephen Colbert) and we did the evening Trolley tour. Our driver/guide was a journalist/writer who filled in with the trolley company for fun. He was amazing - smart, knowledgeable (not just about tourist stuff but history, government, the Supreme Court - anything you wanted to know.) I was so impressed. (Honestly, I left thinking: why can't I meet a guy like this to date???) Obviously I figured I'd never have a guide this great again.

This time, I'm in DC for several weeks. Started by visit with the tour. Figured I'd start a "bucket list" of things to do while I'm here. "Sooner" Steve was the guide for most of my trip. Again - I astonished. Funny, witty, charming, SMART. Answered questions, recommended sites and restaurants. Great fun.

So - I say - do this when you first arrive to town. You can get an overview of everything, and get an idea of what you want to do in the time you have. (My other recommendation: don't miss the Korean War Memorial. It will blow you away.)