“Great museum!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum

Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
6th and Independence Ave., SW, Washington DC, DC 20560 (National Mall)
202-633-1000
Type: History Museums, Science Museums, Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The most popular of the Smithsonian museums features the Wright Brothers' 1903 Flyer and Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis.
Hong Kong, China
57 attraction reviews
“Great museum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My sisiter who lives close to the Dulles Airport took me to this museum today. We arrived about 4:00 pm. The typically $15 car parking fee was waived. The museum is free. My sister has been there about 10 times, so she sat down in a comfortable chair to people watch while I walked around the museum. I read many of the signs. I studied the aircraft. I would like to have been able to board the Concorde to see what the interior was like, but the aircraft are viewed from a distance. I was particularly interested in seeing it, the Enola Gay and the Space Shuttle, Discovery. There is a lot here to see. I am very impressed with the facility.

• Arabic first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Must see-but crowded!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful museum, something everyone should see! My kids (13, 8, & 2) all enjoyed it. It was very crowded & we had to wait in line about 30 minutes to get through security before entering. I was also pushing a stroller which was a bit difficult threw all the people, but I managed. Glad we went!

Visited March 2013
Perth, Australia
10 attraction reviews
“Simply Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We loved this place. I am astounded by the number and calibre of pieces they have on display. My husband and I are science geeks and we had a ball here. I only wish I could score it 6 or 7!

Coronado, California
71 attraction reviews
“Great historical perspective on Aviation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My son really enjoyed this museum and we are not big museum fans. I had no idea our aviation history is so ancient. I got a good sense of the steps it took for man to achieve the aviation technology we have today. It would have been awesome if there was something about the drones being used by the military these days but I guess that technology is too new and still classified. I'd like to see that exhibit whenever it becomes available.

Jamestown, Rhode Island
8 attraction reviews
“Up, up and away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Everyone says the air and space museum is wonderful and they are totally correct! The thing that really made it work was the incredible tour we took with the docent. He brought everything to life. So if you go, take the free tour!